Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is mega millions worth playing anymore?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1534 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2015, 10:29 am - IP Logged

1 ticket won in Illinois and 2nd tier prize was not hard to guess, New York and Florida.

Is this even worth playing if you live in a non-winning state.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Did you know that Illinois was one of the original nine states to sell Mega Millions? Since 2002, Mega Millions has become a wildly popular game. With jackpots starting at $15,000,000 and prizes ranging from $1 to $1,000,000, it's no surprise that this game is an Illinoisan favorite. - See more at: http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/Mega_Millions.html?

So what is it that you begrudge, other than you didn't win it?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      699 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:32 am - IP Logged

1 ticket won in Illinois and 2nd tier prize was not hard to guess, New York and Florida.

I'm in a lottery pool and we play a few tickets every drawing. This time, we only won $1.

I only play MegaMillions myself when it reaches over $100 million.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:51 am - IP Logged

It's not worth playing if you have a time machine and can see into the future to see that you don't win.

But if you're a normal person and realize what the odds are and that you won't win even a dollar most times you play, but also realize that any draw, despite where you live or the amount played, that you could hit the jackpot... yes it's worth it.

I really think these kinds of threads should result in the banning of the OP, or at least take away their thread creation privileges. They really don't add any thoughtful talking points to the forums as they're based on the idiotic belief that only certain states have access to selecting the winning numbers. That and the topics reek of jealousy towards those who won, also something I don't think this board should be about.

Ugh. I think I need to go make some pancakes to forget about this thread.

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1534 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:51 am - IP Logged

frustration Is the word, when you have a feeling that the same locations will win or there is only one winning ticket.  There are a lot of people that feel they will be the winner of that one winning ticket.  I just believe if there were more winning tickets to spread the wealth would do more players good than just having one winning ticket.

United States
            Member #145267
            August 1, 2013
            1534 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:54 am - IP Logged

you sound frustrated.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

loosely translated for the rest of us  :

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I thought some of you guys would be happy that a winner who didn't live in California, Florida or New York won the jackpot.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

you sound frustrated.

Frustrated that people can be so daft, yes.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2659 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

It's not worth playing if you have a time machine and can see into the future to see that you don't win.

But if you're a normal person and realize what the odds are and that you won't win even a dollar most times you play, but also realize that any draw, despite where you live or the amount played, that you could hit the jackpot... yes it's worth it.

I really think these kinds of threads should result in the banning of the OP, or at least take away their thread creation privileges. They really don't add any thoughtful talking points to the forums as they're based on the idiotic belief that only certain states have access to selecting the winning numbers. That and the topics reek of jealousy towards those who won, also something I don't think this board should be about.

Ugh. I think I need to go make some pancakes to forget about this thread.

I get tired of the same type of whiny topics and I agree with you, ttech

tell me if this sounds familiar: 

working hard to get my thrill

Payin' anything to roll the dice just one more time

some will win, some will lose

some were born to whine whine whine 

Oh, and the game never ends

goes on and on and on and on

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

States Don't Win jackpots- people Do.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for that bit of info.  No it is not worth playing if you live in a non winning state. I haven't played so far this year,  and more then likely won't.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

States Don't Win jackpots- people Do.

People live in states. Deflect=FAIL One can't be stateless, unless someone from outside the country wins.

Trump 2016!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4111 Posts
                            Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

People live in states. Deflect=FAIL One can't be stateless, unless someone from outside the country wins.

There is NO SUCH THING  as a " Non winning State" that was my whole point. Its not my fault if you fail to comprehend the gist of my meaning.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #104962
                              January 23, 2011
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

There is NO SUCH THING  as a " Non winning State" that was my whole point. Its not my fault if you fail to comprehend the gist of my meaning.

States that haven't won a jackpot pot for 3 years or more are Non winning States ( which means no one has won in those states )  It is not my fault if you can't and won't comprehend what I am saying.

Trump 2016!