Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is mega millions worth playing anymore?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2015, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

States that haven't won a jackpot pot for 3 years or more are Non winning States ( which means no one has won in those states )  It is not my fault if you can't and won't comprehend what I am saying.

BS

You don't know what the heck you talking about.

State your source that says " Any State that has not had a winner in 3 or more years is Classified as a Non Winning State"?

Some days you step in it.. some days you don't. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23357 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2015, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

States that haven't won a jackpot pot for 3 years or more are Non winning States ( which means no one has won in those states )  It is not my fault if you can't and won't comprehend what I am saying.

It's funny, because noise-gate just said "states don't win", and you countered by saying, "States that haven't won a jackpot..."

I agree with noise-gate, people are so fixated by what state the ticket was purchased in.  I look at it like "interesting information", and I understand that the winning tickets will most likely be sold in the states with the highest populations.

But to suddenly make the jump that you have worse odds because you live in a different state means you have completely removed your logical brain from the equation.

The chances of a winning ticket being sold in the US Virgin Islands is extremely rare, because perhaps only 0.001% of the tickets are sold there.  But if I was on vacation there do you think for one second I wouldn't play there because the odds are very poor that "the US Virgin Islands would not win"?  (Yes, I purposely stated that the island wouldn't win, for illustrative purposes.)  Of course not, the odds are the same no matter where I play.

You can continue to say that particular states don't win, but I'm just saying that is completely illogical, and it will only make the lottery less fun to play for you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

You not being Helpful Todd, you scared him off..Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #104962
        January 23, 2011
        1075 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

It's funny, because noise-gate just said "states don't win", and you countered by saying, "States that haven't won a jackpot..."

I agree with noise-gate, people are so fixated by what state the ticket was purchased in.  I look at it like "interesting information", and I understand that the winning tickets will most likely be sold in the states with the highest populations.

But to suddenly make the jump that you have worse odds because you live in a different state means you have completely removed your logical brain from the equation.

The chances of a winning ticket being sold in the US Virgin Islands is extremely rare, because perhaps only 0.001% of the tickets are sold there.  But if I was on vacation there do you think for one second I wouldn't play there because the odds are very poor that "the US Virgin Islands would not win"?  (Yes, I purposely stated that the island wouldn't win, for illustrative purposes.)  Of course not, the odds are the same no matter where I play.

You can continue to say that particular states don't win, but I'm just saying that is completely illogical, and it will only make the lottery less fun to play for you.

Now you want to get in on what I post...Where were you other times?  The fact of the matter is, I can go and look on the winners page,  and see what states have won,  and I can figure out which ones haven't won....So again, you can agree with liberal bay area person all you want...In the end particular states still won't win for years on end.  It doesn't take logic to figure that out...Thanks for insulting me,  like all my other haters on here.

Trump 2016!

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2015, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Pick- what's your problem ? I thought Todd's answer was succinct enough and he used Logic.Whereas you throwing words out there that have little to no meaning whatsoever on the topic at hand. 

Far be it for me to defend Todd, but he is running this site and asking him " where have you been all the other times is a little disrespectful of you". You coming off as a spoilt little brat who want everything to go his/ her way. You do realize that it's possible for you to be in error in this forum despite what you may think. As for your jab at me living in the as you put it " liberal Bay Area".. What the heck does that have to do with anything, everyone has to be somewhere in case you haven't noticed.

Finally: Grow up, people may take to liking you or you can Always remain a D* head if you prefer. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23357 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Now you want to get in on what I post...Where were you other times?  The fact of the matter is, I can go and look on the winners page,  and see what states have won,  and I can figure out which ones haven't won....So again, you can agree with liberal bay area person all you want...In the end particular states still won't win for years on end.  It doesn't take logic to figure that out...Thanks for insulting me,  like all my other haters on here.

Wow, you have a sour attitude!  I'm "hating" you??  That's just odd.

This is a forum, where people express opinions.  If you want a place where people only agree with you, I don't think it exists on the Internet.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Droptop6969's avatar - DSCF1040
              209 Modesto, California
              United States
              Member #162967
              January 15, 2015
              40 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2015, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like he's jealous he lives in the wisconsin trailerpark instead of the glorious bay area.  Get used to it broke boy LOL

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3502 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2015, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for that bit of info.  No it is not worth playing if you live in a non winning state. I haven't played so far this year,  and more then likely won't.

Several years ago there was a poster who often claimed that if the jackpot was won in his state that the next winner would probably be in a different state. He was absolutely correct. Based on that, he thought that it a jackpot was won in his state his chances of winning the next jackpot improved if he bought his tickets somewhere outside his own state.

There are two types of lottery players. The people who understand why that guy was an idiot, and idiots.

California
                  United States
                  Member #141204
                  April 7, 2013
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2015, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

you never learn do you? You must be a glutton for punishment.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                    Lavender Rocket

United States
                    Member #124616
                    March 16, 2012
                    2642 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2015, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

loosely translated for the rest of us  :

love it!  when I dont get my nap (which is most days) - I don't like it when others point out my illogical statements or statements I make that defy fact.  My vote:  MORE NAPS FOR EVERYONE!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: January 17, 2015, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I get tired of the same type of whiny topics and I agree with you, ttech

tell me if this sounds familiar: 

working hard to get my thrill

Payin' anything to roll the dice just one more time

some will win, some will lose

some were born to whine whine whine 

Oh, and the game never ends

goes on and on and on and on

Sounds like something out of a pretty decent song.

People just need to realize that it doesn't matter what winner a state is from, that every person chooses from the same selection of numbers and relies on the same set of winning numbers. I don't get how people cannot understand that, as simple as it is. I don't know if that concept is just too difficult for them or they simply choose to ignore facts so they have something to blame their losing on. I'm tempted to believe the latter, or else they would be moving to those states to have a chance to win, but they don't because they know it really wouldn't affect their odds.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10392 Posts
                        Posted: January 17, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

In a previous thread you were directed to the Mega Millions winners gallery and you said it was a made up bunch of lies.

You have a real credibility problem.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5770 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2015, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

How funny. When I checked to see the MM results this morning, I actually thought to myself that there wouldn't be any complaints about someone in Illinois winning. After all, not California, not Florida, not New York.

Stupid me. Someone in Florida and in New York wins SECOND PRIZE! And here we go again.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: January 18, 2015, 1:17 am - IP Logged

How funny. When I checked to see the MM results this morning, I actually thought to myself that there wouldn't be any complaints about someone in Illinois winning. After all, not California, not Florida, not New York.

Stupid me. Someone in Florida and in New York wins SECOND PRIZE! And here we go again.

I think some people would find something to complain about if someone from North Dakota was visiting the Virgin Islands and won after buying a QP there. I'm sure if the second place prizes also had only places like Wyoming and Montana they'd go as far as to say the MM people had to let those places win so people would start trusting them again.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: January 18, 2015, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Try looking at it as someone who plays the same birthday or any set of numbers in every drawing. Would they have a better chance of winning the jackpot if they buy their tickets in one of the larger populated states or in the Virgin Islands?