Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotsoft Pro 5 Users - IMPORTANT

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Technut.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5396 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2015, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

This is to inform all users of Lotsoft Pro 5 that I will no longer be updating the draw histories as of 2/1/2015.

If anyone is interested in taking over updating you will need to perform the following:

Pay the monthly server fees which is currently around $25 per month

Know how to use Excel 2010.

Know how to upload files to Filezilla

PM if your interested. 

If I don't receive a response by next Saturday I will be discontinuing the service.

grwurston's avatar - 144
    Let's Go Rangers!!!
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    5116 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2015, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

This is to inform all users of Lotsoft Pro 5 that I will no longer be updating the draw histories as of 2/1/2015.

If anyone is interested in taking over updating you will need to perform the following:

PM if your interested. 

If I don't receive a response by next Saturday I will be discontinuing the service.

Thanks for letting us know.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

PM if your interested. 

Besides knowing how to use Excel 2010, paying the $25 monthly sever fee and contributing the time to do the figuring and posting, what else would be expected of the person taking over?  Do subscribers or advertisements help with the cost?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5970 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2015, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Steve,

Maybe, it's time to shut it down. I know you have spent a lot of time and money to keep it going. That is very much appreciated by myself and others. When something becomes a bore and to much of a chore, it's time to drop it.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2015, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I have the same problem with updating and proposed that others would update the drawings of my website. Zero volunteers!

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
            LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47729
            November 22, 2006
            4589 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2015, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

PM if your interested. 

Mail For You

Steve, Thank You in Advance for your Attention

Good Sunday Wishes

Eddessa_Knight Sun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2015, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I have the same problem with updating and proposed that others would update the drawings of my website. Zero volunteers!

I never saw your request for volunteers.  Is you website for lotteries played in the U.S.?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2015, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I never saw your request for volunteers.  Is you website for lotteries played in the U.S.?

I never saw your request for volunteers. 

It was in some thread. Suddenly there was silence.

Is you website for lotteries played in the U.S.?

The website is visited. I did no survey on who the visitors are. Some of them are people from here, others are friends on FB and I suppose that the rest are LP'ers, or friends of visitors. I don't earn on the website, there is no publicity on it, there is no charge on using a system or consulting a chart. There is no paying for posting a comment. I cannot make comments about the hosting service.

For the updating I can provide a private input page. You would get an ID and a Password. That gives me a free hand to make changes without having to worry for the input.

Eventually I can make the output private too, so only certain members get access the data. Eventually that would pay the server and a part of the time passed for programming. - Charts can be discussed with me, can be a small private forum, eventually approved requests would be programmed by me. That wouldn't be a kickstart but a project that spreads over time. I did not plan much for the site, it pretty much became what I could do without too much trouble spread over a month or two.

My internal links:

EuromillionsLotto BEMega Millions USASystemsWinsCommentsContact

I removed Turkey 6/49, there was a problem. Pick3 can be added.

Makenmo's avatar - PHI
                  Earth 1.00 - Venus .618 - Mercury .382 -Mars 1.618

United States
                  Member #147790
                  October 13, 2013
                  2111 Posts
                  Posted: January 28, 2015, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Winsumloosesum You have done your time for sure and it is much appreciated.. Patriot Hats off to you!

I have to agree With Carbob.  Was just informed and considered the idea. Just not so sure I could handle another thing to do especially to that extent.   I am familiar with how much time it takes to keep a site afloat with the rest of the world. 

I am new to Lotsoft.  I find it a fascinating tool and manually input my state draw but am sure there are those who do multiple states and depend on your efforts.

Am I correct in saying that if  no one comes forward,  LotSoft would become a standalone that individuals would have to  update their state(s) manually as needed or is there more to the loss than that?

1.61803398875 Thumbs Up

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #2218
                    September 1, 2003
                    5396 Posts
                    Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:18 am - IP Logged

Winsumloosesum You have done your time for sure and it is much appreciated.. Patriot Hats off to you!

I have to agree With Carbob.  Was just informed and considered the idea. Just not so sure I could handle another thing to do especially to that extent.   I am familiar with how much time it takes to keep a site afloat with the rest of the world. 

I am new to Lotsoft.  I find it a fascinating tool and manually input my state draw but am sure there are those who do multiple states and depend on your efforts.

Am I correct in saying that if  no one comes forward,  LotSoft would become a standalone that individuals would have to  update their state(s) manually as needed or is there more to the loss than that?

When the time comes you can update any state's game manually but you would also need to click the "recalculate statistics" button.  That is once the "Live Update" is discontinued.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Kunming
                      China
                      Member #57910
                      January 23, 2008
                      3626 Posts
                      Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:25 am - IP Logged

When the time comes you can update any state's game manually but you would also need to click the "recalculate statistics" button.  That is once the "Live Update" is discontinued.

@Winsumloosesum
                      Is it possible to make the software so that no registration is required for full activation for those that didn't register before the passing of Ricky?

Play to win!

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #2218
                        September 1, 2003
                        5396 Posts
                        Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:39 am - IP Logged

@Winsumloosesum
                        Is it possible to make the software so that no registration is required for full activation for those that didn't register before the passing of Ricky?

I posted it in the other thread how to install Lotsoft 5 and have a fully functional version.

How to install Lotsoft Pro 5 (clean install)

I installed Lotsoft Pro 5 on an older computer running Windows XP and also registered the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games using the props.mdb file.

Here is the link to the zip file you will need along with the link to the installation exe file for Lotosoft Pro 5 program.

Lotsoft Pro 5 exe file:

https://app.box.com/s/vvogthh9v5ypcrfdwgfe

Zip file containing the p3.mdb, p4.mdb, props.mdb files:

https://app.box.com/s/729j1lnl3xom8g9otxoc

Youtube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngV3IM_qe8

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #2218
                          September 1, 2003
                          5396 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:46 am - IP Logged

If we have any FTP experts that want to tackle this, here is an idea

Set up an FTP server on your own computer.  Filezilla?

This would require changing a couple lines of code in the props.mdb file located in data folder.  C:\ProgramFiles\INW\Lotsoft\data\

I believe that Ricky hardcoded Lotsoft 5 to only perform Live Updates through the Brinkster FTP server.  I tried many times to change the FTP location in the props.mdb file and also set up an FTP server on my computer without any luck.

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
                            Tn
                            United States
                            Member #54963
                            September 4, 2007
                            1166 Posts
                            Posted: January 28, 2015, 9:46 am - IP Logged

If we have any FTP experts that want to tackle this, here is an idea

Set up an FTP server on your own computer.  Filezilla?

This would require changing a couple lines of code in the props.mdb file located in data folder.  C:\ProgramFiles\INW\Lotsoft\data\

I believe that Ricky hardcoded Lotsoft 5 to only perform Live Updates through the Brinkster FTP server.  I tried many times to change the FTP location in the props.mdb file and also set up an FTP server on my computer without any luck.

That would be great for you winsum with all you do!! If you had FTP setup on your own would you think of continuing Lotsoft? Just curious.

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #2218
                              September 1, 2003
                              5396 Posts
                              Posted: January 28, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

That would be great for you winsum with all you do!! If you had FTP setup on your own would you think of continuing Lotsoft? Just curious.

If I could somehow figure out how the heck Lotsoft Pro 5 communicates with an FTP server other than Brinkster, all I would need to do is just perform the text file updates using Excel.