Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotsoft Pro 5 Users - IMPORTANT

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Technut.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
Winning makes me smile.
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
4878 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2015, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I am coming into this conversation way late, but where does one go to get LotSoft. And, am I understanding his correc that it is a "free" program?

You can read this thread to find out. I would suggest reading the entire thread before installing it to avoid problems. Yes, it is now free. However, I do not know if winsumlosesum wants to continue with it so you may want to check with him first.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/275897

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Igamble's avatar - spider
    nj
    United States
    Member #145657
    August 10, 2013
    982 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2015, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  1,000%!!! LotSoft is the BEST!!! I don't know what I would do without it. What other software is there with that much information, that also allows you to input your own stats into it that you come up with? Personally, I only play one state so updating the draws is not a problem, but a lot of people play more than one. Bottom line, as long as LotSoft is still around, it is  a very good thing.

Hy,

how  would you compare EXPERT LOTTO 5 with LOTSOFT PRO ?

for some random reason i got to use EL 5 ,and always wanted to try lot soft pro too. The expert lotto is a very, very complex tool and has many capabilities ,filters,charts ..

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
      Winning makes me smile.
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4878 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2015, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Hy,

how  would you compare EXPERT LOTTO 5 with LOTSOFT PRO ?

for some random reason i got to use EL 5 ,and always wanted to try lot soft pro too. The expert lotto is a very, very complex tool and has many capabilities ,filters,charts ..

I don't know. I've never heard of Expert Lotto 5 till just now.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

chicago illinois
        United States
        Member #1199
        February 26, 2003
        377 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2015, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Thanks Winsumloosesum. I didn't realize that you had posted this. Lotsoft really is a great program.Thanks Winsumloosesum. I didn't realize that you had posted this. Lotsoft really is a great program.

Anyone know how to install the registration code to windows 8.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2015, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Lotsoft data draw files just uploaded at 2:20 pm est.

Note: There was no Arizona Pick 3 Evening draw from Saturday February 7, 2015.

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #2218
            September 1, 2003
            5387 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2015, 7:06 am - IP Logged

Lotsoft data draw files just uploaded at 2:20 pm est.

Note: There was no Arizona Pick 3 Evening draw from Saturday February 7, 2015.

Updated Pick 3 and Pick 4 draw histories at 6:45 am this morning. 

Note: Arizona Pick 3 from Saturday was 1-7-3 and is included in this mornings update.

thedillyo's avatar - newbgf

Jamaica
              Member #75105
              May 27, 2009
              724 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2015, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I have tried a number of variations by setting up an FTP server on my computer using Filezilla without any success.

I've changed the FTP location in the props.mdb file many times only to receive an error message.

I've added a new folder to the Brinkster FTP folder and also changed the Props.mdb file and Lotsoft 5 updated as usual.

When the Brinkster server went down a few months ago Brinkster support trnasferred all the FTP file to a new server location.  We all changed the FTP location in the Props.mdb file so that we could still perfom the Live Updates.

My thoughts on Lotsoft 5 are this.  Ricky decided to make Lotsoft 5 freeware with the stipulation that any new users would need to register Lotsoft 5 and in return receive the activation codes.  Since Ricky is no longer with us (spirit only), we should keep his program alive at all costs.  Meaning find a way, either by changing the code in the program or find a way to create a Desktop FTP server on each of our computers and eliminate the server cost,  The only thing we would need to do is update the Pick 3 and Pick 4 draw histories.

In addition we don't know how long Brinkster will continue.  1 year, 5 years, 10 years???  This would be the main reason for changing the code it that is the case.

Another limitation which has not been discussed is "how many" more drawings can we add to the P3.mdb and P4.mdb files.  That is how many draws of new data will the MS Access files add until it reaches it's limit.  What would be the maximum file size if any for these Access database files?? 5 more years, 10 more years? etc.

Maybe this was the reason Ricky was programming the Pick3Whiz program which never was completed.

Hi winsumloosesum

We would need to look into this further but where the hardcoded server address is concerned if you (meaning Lotsoft users) edit your windows "Hosts" file you (winsumloosesum) won't need to mess with the hardcoded address in Lotsoft's Props.mdb file

With the windows Hosts file (every windows machine has one) you can redirect a hostname to an ip address. So it tells your PC whenever it needs to communicate with a specific hostname eg. ftps60.brinkster.com to go to another, for eg. 127.0.0.1 instead.

The process essentially re-routes all packets that would be destined to particular host to an IP address of your choice (your new FTP in this case). It should be a seamless process. 

The change to the hosts file is as simple as adding a line such the one below, where you would replace 127.0.0.1 with the target IP address.

127.0.0.1  ftps60.brinkster.com

There are many tutorials online about how to edit the windows hosts file. 

Hope this helps.

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

----Abraham Maslow

4287 9993 3909 1798 3095 0276 5339

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #2218
                September 1, 2003
                5387 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2015, 4:32 am - IP Logged

Hi winsumloosesum

We would need to look into this further but where the hardcoded server address is concerned if you (meaning Lotsoft users) edit your windows "Hosts" file you (winsumloosesum) won't need to mess with the hardcoded address in Lotsoft's Props.mdb file

With the windows Hosts file (every windows machine has one) you can redirect a hostname to an ip address. So it tells your PC whenever it needs to communicate with a specific hostname eg. ftps60.brinkster.com to go to another, for eg. 127.0.0.1 instead.

The process essentially re-routes all packets that would be destined to particular host to an IP address of your choice (your new FTP in this case). It should be a seamless process. 

The change to the hosts file is as simple as adding a line such the one below, where you would replace 127.0.0.1 with the target IP address.

127.0.0.1  ftps60.brinkster.com

There are many tutorials online about how to edit the windows hosts file. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.  Sent you a PM.

If you can perform a Live Update using your computer as an FTP this would be a great help.

Hanover, NH
                  United States
                  Member #57393
                  January 3, 2008
                  21 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2015, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Could be wrong, but i think the draws for 10th and 11th feb are the same.

Playing to win

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #2218
                    September 1, 2003
                    5387 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2015, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Could be wrong, but i think the draws for 10th and 11th feb are the same.

Your correct.  Thank you for discovering the errors.

IMPORTANT:  Make a backup copy of the P3.mdb and P4.mdb files.  These are located in the C:\Program Files\INW\Lotsoft\Data folder.  Make a new folder and name it Backup Files.  Copy and paste the P3.mdb and P4.mdb files into the backup folder.

For those who have NOT performed a Live Update today (check you state(s) game(s) for duplicates, I just corrected the draw histories around 7:40 pm est Thursday evening.  You can perform a Live Update and draws should be correct.

For those who have duplicate draws you can do 1 of 2 things:

Open each of the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games and delete the duplicate draw.

OR

Click the Live Update and select "Force Overwrite existing draws" then click "Start Live Update" button.

Important: If you have made changes to you particular states draw history, that is found errors and corrected them, by performing a "Force Overwrite" you will need go through all the draws for your particular state and make the corrections again.

Force Overwrite

Let me know if this worked!!

Hanover, NH
                      United States
                      Member #57393
                      January 3, 2008
                      21 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2015, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Your correct.  Thank you for discovering the errors.

IMPORTANT:  Make a backup copy of the P3.mdb and P4.mdb files.  These are located in the C:\Program Files\INW\Lotsoft\Data folder.  Make a new folder and name it Backup Files.  Copy and paste the P3.mdb and P4.mdb files into the backup folder.

For those who have NOT performed a Live Update today (check you state(s) game(s) for duplicates, I just corrected the draw histories around 7:40 pm est Thursday evening.  You can perform a Live Update and draws should be correct.

For those who have duplicate draws you can do 1 of 2 things:

Open each of the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games and delete the duplicate draw.

OR

Click the Live Update and select "Force Overwrite existing draws" then click "Start Live Update" button.

Important: If you have made changes to you particular states draw history, that is found errors and corrected them, by performing a "Force Overwrite" you will need go through all the draws for your particular state and make the corrections again.

Force Overwrite

Let me know if this worked!!

It worked. I used the forced overwrite option and then opened up a few states at random and checked and they all seemed fine. Thanks for your great work.

Still struggling to understand the program . It's so full of great stats that help us in turn understand better these games we play.

One more thing. I notice when it is updating it says it's updating 71 draws but I only have 61 states in my list. I don't mind manually adding the missing states but how do we let them update, since those draws must be going somewhere. if it says it's updating all 71 "states" but I only have 61.

Playing to win

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                        Ontario
                        Canada
                        Member #109243
                        April 9, 2011
                        31437 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2015, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

It worked. I used the forced overwrite option and then opened up a few states at random and checked and they all seemed fine. Thanks for your great work.

Still struggling to understand the program . It's so full of great stats that help us in turn understand better these games we play.

One more thing. I notice when it is updating it says it's updating 71 draws but I only have 61 states in my list. I don't mind manually adding the missing states but how do we let them update, since those draws must be going somewhere. if it says it's updating all 71 "states" but I only have 61.

If You Add Up All Pick 3 Draws(Midday & Evening)It Totals 71

Arizona644
                        Arkansas880316
                        California404202
                        Colorado674
                        Connecticut375100
                        Delaware837657
                        Florida931579
                        Georgia390266
                        Idaho355016
                        Illinois812836
                        Indiana178383
                        Iowa475109
                        Kansas475
                        Kentucky619043
                        Louisiana679
                        Maryland483028
                        Michigan623884
                        Minnesota004
                        Missouri257710
                        Nebraska367
                        New Jersey896139
                        New Mexico146709
                        New York329933
                        North Carolina387480
                        Ohio738136
                        Oklahoma718
                        Ontario697511
                        Pennsylvania496712
                        Puerto Rico732299
                        Québec932
                        South Carolina537050
                        Tennessee (Morning)361
                        Tennessee (Mid & Eve)501394
                        Texas (Morn & Eve)778158
                        Texas (Day & Night)180408
                        Tri-State490630
                        Virginia973968
                        Washington230
                        Washington, D.C.933069
                        West Virginia872
                        Western Canada434
                        Wisconsin605

Columbus ohio
                          United States
                          Member #162972
                          January 16, 2015
                          2 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

what program is this...does it work on pick 3 and 4?

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                            Ontario
                            Canada
                            Member #109243
                            April 9, 2011
                            31437 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2015, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

what program is this...does it work on pick 3 and 4?

Yes It Does.

It's Mainly A Statistical Tool With Lots Of Filters If That's What You're Looking For.

Hanover, NH
                              United States
                              Member #57393
                              January 3, 2008
                              21 Posts
                              Posted: February 19, 2015, 6:11 am - IP Logged

Yes It Does.

It's Mainly A Statistical Tool With Lots Of Filters If That's What You're Looking For.

It also has a number of fairly good predictive features, although, as with every attempt to predict random or pseudo random draws, one still has to have a plan and be selective.

1. My earlier comment about the number of draws is that there are 71 draws indeed, but in Lotsoft I only have 61.

2. Adding a state/country is easy. Importing draws--either manually or by text file-- is also straightforward.

3 Question is, how do you get a state you create to update through Liveupdate, assuming whatever you add is one of the 71 states/countries?

Playing to win