Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will a lotto win bring happiness or satisfaction in your life.

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 2 years ago by nist7seven.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
nc
United States
Member #99520
October 26, 2010
375 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2015, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Happiness doesn't come from money.  Satisfaction is from a job well done.  Will a win bring you happiness or satisfaction is up to you.  It would allow me to buy the little farm, I have always dreamed of and the far work will give me satisfaction. So, for me, yes a win would bring satisfaction. Having grown up on a farm, and lived in the city, I prefer the farm life!

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1528 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2015, 11:49 am - IP Logged

When I was younger, I used to think that making a ton of money was all that mattered in life. To be able to buy a mansion filled with a bunch of toys and tacky junk. A giant pool in the back yard and having a string of exotic cars filled the driveway. Now as I got older and matured, none of that stuff matters to me anymore.

I think I'll get more satisfaction of helping others than spending the money on materialist objects. Like expensive cars, jewellery, toys, drugs...or whatever. I've gotten rides in cars like Lamborghini's and Ferrari's, and although it's fun at first I got bored of them after a while.

Currently I have a pretty good job and do ok. And I've found exactly what  I want in life. The main reason I play is for a chance to win and help out some of my relatives and friends who are having some financial difficulty. And giving back to charity, both human and animals.

Nice SoleWinner21!

Helping others feels so good, and in honor of your last sentence... Indeed, may we all "Bless the Beasts and the Children" - Karen Carpenter

Take care...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

cbr$'s avatar - maren
      Cordova,Al.
      United States
      Member #104482
      January 15, 2011
      4910 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2015, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Happiness is a characteristic trait & a frame of mind. Only the person who already has it is can increase in their live. The only satisfaction this could bring me is knowing I've done something well & it could open up the options to give more to the causes I believe in already and to the charities  I give to already. That it.

fajardo
        United States
        Member #152445
        February 15, 2014
        47 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2015, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Money wont bring me happiness , the things I can do with that money will probably do. 

I just graduated college and I'm looking for a job , while stuff is nice what I want more than anything is the stability that having money in the bank could provide for me and my family.  Not having to worry about  rent , utilities or food would be pretty awesome.  Having seen my single mom cry because of bills have really push me to want financial stability above all.

KCMO
          United States
          Member #163681
          February 7, 2015
          56 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2015, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

People like to say otherwise but the truth is this: Money can bring happiness.  Period. Anyone claiming otherwise is delusional. Notice I didn't say money WILL bring happiness. Most people are unable to find or be able to seek out true happiness BEFORE their winning...so money will only mask the problem AND combined with most lotto winner's terrible financial management...they are likely to be less happy. 

Perfect case in point: Jack Whittaker. He is on record saying he wished he had torn up his $315mil ticket had he known what was going to happen to him and his family. But somehow I doubt he would've done that if someone from the future came to warn him of what lay ahead. No one is going to turn down a 315million windfall.

For me I can pay off my student loans, pay off my parents homes, and then be able to truly explore and further myself without needing to work.