Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Banned Members

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 2 years ago by addai1516.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Are the majority of banned members male or female?

MALE [ 28 ]  [60.87%]
FEMALE [ 2 ]  [4.35%]
EQUAL [ 1 ]  [2.17%]
I DON'T KNOW [ 15 ]  [32.61%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
ESR54's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
BRONX N.Y.10459
United States
Member #86575
February 6, 2010
1058 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Hello Todd, Why you ban all the good people who Work so hard on here. And a lot of Members ban me from

from there   post  or what ever. But I dont care.Because I dont know why,      Iam Block.                                 And I  DON'T CARE THANK YOU .

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1285 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2015, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I've got to say LP is pretty 'tame' compared to a lot of other boards, especially 'Christian' boards (figure that out).

A long time ago I was on one Christian board and posed a very simple question that they apparently didn't like being asked (it concerned predestination). My only post ever on that board.

The next day when I went back to see if there were any replies, I no longer existed. No such member, username not recognized, etc.

Feel the love....yeah, right.
    Scared

That's just one example, there are plenty.

I can (sort of) understand arguing over religion or politics, but I've seen some heated discussions on food/recipe forums and msg. boards.  I saw one the other day over goulash and what made it "authentic", then there was a sub-argument over using sweet or hot paprika.  Other fights have been over how to cook a steak  (sear first, then oven or oven then sear or those who think it should only be done on a grill) and one of the biggest...should beans be put in chili?

I'm working up a post for my Blogger blog about the worst forums/msg. boards on the 'net.  Not sure how I'm going to rank them, but they're Facebook, Yahoo, IMDb, YouTube and a couple others.   I think too many people take it as a personal insult and as discrediting their opinion when you don't like something they do - it's the worst on movie sites.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4806 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2015, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Hello Todd, Why you ban all the good people who Work so hard on here. And a lot of Members ban me from

from there   post  or what ever. But I dont care.Because I dont know why,      Iam Block.                                 And I  DON'T CARE THANK YOU .

This is an entertaining thread.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4111 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2015, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

They are a few notable males threatened by educated women as well. I have seen women with obvious expertise in financial matters, etc. offer advice and some males seems to be very threatened. I have even been (bizarrely) called a "fake" artist and when I pointed to a major art reference site to support what I said, I "did not know what I was talking about."  lol I can only imagine the relationship these few men have with women in their lives. Most of the ladies do not spend their lives posting dancing icons all day long.

I Agree!.. l however was responding from a Male perspective Artist77. When l read responses from Males " going after" an educated female, l immediately think that these people have female bosses * great thing- and would rather vent their anger and frustration in these Forums at the opposite sex. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1285 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2015, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Wow, the game I watched had a bunch of other players on the field, not just Brady and Wilson. 

If you ate chili every day for 50 years, maybe, but a bowl every now and then doesn't hurt.   You probably breath in more carcinogens filling up your car, putting on makeup or cleaning your house than you get from chili.  You know, there are plenty of vegetables (and their products) that aren't good for you if consumed in excess or every day:  spinach, Brazil nuts, kale, tofu, even oranges and tomatoes and many others.

I don't like beans in my chili, but like chili in my beans, go figger.  It's just the way I like it and there's no need for anyone to ridicule my own tastes in food. (or how I play the lottery)  It says more about their own character faults than it does my appetite.  (sort of like the smug, self-righteous vegans/vegetarians who feel the need to constantly preach to we meat eaters)

I've only felt threatened by a woman a few times in my life - several times by my momma when I was a young man and once by a woman with a shotgun who caught us stealing her watermelons.   I really didn't want to die for a Black Diamond melon.

I discarded my vote in this poll - it's my way of showing I don't care one way or the other about the subject and without having to down vote the thread.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
           - George Orwell

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10356 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2015, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

mikeintexas,

Oh I hear you. A lot of discussion boards are heavy on arguments.

Here's another classic I ran into on a Christian board, another poster made a really off the wall post.

So I replied just like this:

I   D    Smile    T     S    (meaning "I don't think so".)

She reported me for having called her an "IDIOT".
            Bang Head    Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
              Member #142777
              May 18, 2013
              263 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2015, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow, the game I watched had a bunch of other players on the field, not just Brady and Wilson. 

If you ate chili every day for 50 years, maybe, but a bowl every now and then doesn't hurt.   You probably breath in more carcinogens filling up your car, putting on makeup or cleaning your house than you get from chili.  You know, there are plenty of vegetables (and their products) that aren't good for you if consumed in excess or every day:  spinach, Brazil nuts, kale, tofu, even oranges and tomatoes and many others.

I don't like beans in my chili, but like chili in my beans, go figger.  It's just the way I like it and there's no need for anyone to ridicule my own tastes in food. (or how I play the lottery)  It says more about their own character faults than it does my appetite.  (sort of like the smug, self-righteous vegans/vegetarians who feel the need to constantly preach to we meat eaters)

I've only felt threatened by a woman a few times in my life - several times by my momma when I was a young man and once by a woman with a shotgun who caught us stealing her watermelons.   I really didn't want to die for a Black Diamond melon.

I discarded my vote in this poll - it's my way of showing I don't care one way or the other about the subject and without having to down vote the thread.

Cmon dude have fun with all this!  I wasn't calling you out or anything.(just nikkicute maybe for starting such a loaded topic) It's better to talk about the game or something than worry about what genders have been banned the most!  I can't speak for other vegans because i hardly ever meet one but i can tell you all my friends eat meat and they give me a hard time at the pubs or bars not the other way around haha!  They are chomping on tasty chicken wings dipped in sauce and im sitting there with a baked potato and carrot sticks.   They rag me don't worry!  Its all in fun either way.  I don't have a problem if you like meat cause at one time i had my share so i ain't preaching brother lol.

Your right it was a team game i agree never though different.   I was just glad to see the Pats win because the media hounded them for weeks over nothing because of their bias to try to throw them off their game. I didn't even watch any regular season games this year but i always try to watch the superbowl. 

Speaking of "preaching" i remember you got pretty huffed up in the last election cycle on republican politics. Which of the 15 repub candidates you think can take down Bill....i mean Hillary?  lol

Just having fun mikeintexas.  All the best.  Ive always liked most of your posts by the way. 

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1285 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I'm sure if I got "huffed up" over politics, it was because someone thought their candidate was a squeaky clean, walking clone of Jesus and the others were a bunch of crooks.  I'd estimate there's not a half-dozen honest people in Congress and I'd be hard-pressed to name more than a couple...and I wouldn't be positive about them.  I generally get huffed up when I see hypocrisy.  (and ashamed when I catch myself in it)  I can guarantee you that you have NEVER read me "preaching" on anything.  Angry? Sure.  Argumentative? That's correct, but never "preachy"...not even on Sunday.

Who said I wasn't having fun?  I enjoyed writing my post.   I never rag on anyone for being a vegan or vegetarian, only when they criticize me for not being one.  I don't eat much meat, btw, haven't had a steak in a couple of years.  I had hormone-laden, antibiotic-ridden, cruel factory farm chicken raised on GMO corn for supper.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Todd I am one of the people who calls pickone4me out on is conspiracy claims. I think his claims about MUSL rigging PB and MM for California are ludicrous and unsubstantiated. I stand by all my comments and I don't consider my comments abusive.

In the end, you are the owner of the website so you have the right to decide who stays and who goes.

That is all in fine calling someone out for that.  However this is where you took it too far.   http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/282649

Trump 2016!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                    Kunming
                    China
                    Member #57910
                    January 23, 2008
                    3626 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I don't suppress differences in opinion.  It would be pretty boring here if everyone agreed on everything.

So true! So true! Some posters here come out with some whacked out ideas! Ha..Ha. It's probably male members that get banned because of the testosterone flowing in their bodies. Ha.Ha.

Play to win!

Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #104962
                      January 23, 2011
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I can (sort of) understand arguing over religion or politics, but I've seen some heated discussions on food/recipe forums and msg. boards.  I saw one the other day over goulash and what made it "authentic", then there was a sub-argument over using sweet or hot paprika.  Other fights have been over how to cook a steak  (sear first, then oven or oven then sear or those who think it should only be done on a grill) and one of the biggest...should beans be put in chili?

I'm working up a post for my Blogger blog about the worst forums/msg. boards on the 'net.  Not sure how I'm going to rank them, but they're Facebook, Yahoo, IMDb, YouTube and a couple others.   I think too many people take it as a personal insult and as discrediting their opinion when you don't like something they do - it's the worst on movie sites.

Have you ever been on a  forum that gets really uppity with any slight hint of politics being discussed,  or if there is a disagreement.  Rules being made up on a whim.  That sort of stuff?

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:41 am - IP Logged

Did u report them to Todd?

I don't remember.  My haters dislike my views on certain things....But speaking of old posts, you can check out princerene's old comments especially the ones in the suggestion area.

Trump 2016!

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #123290
                          February 17, 2012
                          3053 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:44 am - IP Logged

That is all in fine calling someone out for that.  However this is where you took it too far.   http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/282649

PrinceRene AND pickone4me

Please do not hijack this thread with your bickeringArgue

Take it to private message!

Keep on topic or keep it moving!!!

Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1285 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2015, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Have you ever been on a  forum that gets really uppity with any slight hint of politics being discussed,  or if there is a disagreement.  Rules being made up on a whim.  That sort of stuff?

Oh yeah, it was really bad in the now-defunct MSN Groups and over-officious group mgrs. who started the debate but didn't want anyone to rebut them.   They used to ban me (and others) until a friend discovered a glitch where you could put a little snippet of code in your nickname when you signed up...it wouldn't be visible, but it kept them from banning you. 

I'm on Facebook mainly to keep up w/ younger kinfolk or distant cousins and old classmates, but if anyone puts too much political stuff or bad information on their wall, I either un-follow their posts or un-friend them and if they tick me off enough, I block them.   I don't put up with crapola in real life unless I have to, why should I do it online?

I have a blog and was called out by a fellow blogger for "not advancing the cause of conservatism".  I had to tell him his idea of conservatism and mine were different and that I had some great online, liberal friends who visited my blog and I didn't want to offend them.  My blog isn't like that, anyway, it's about this area where I live and the stuff (music, sports, TV/movies)  I like...and is unashamedly ego-centric.  (after all, it IS my blog!)  I have done a little equal opportunity ragging on candidates of both sides of the aisle, but not too much.    As I said, I don't like to talk politics or controversial subjects unless I see someone spreading lies and then I have to chime in.   You'll find videos by AC/DC or ABBA in my blog, posts about cats or chicken fried steak, but not much about Obama or Bush.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: February 5, 2015, 1:07 am - IP Logged

PrinceRene AND pickone4me

Please do not hijack this thread with your bickeringArgue

Take it to private message!

Keep on topic or keep it moving!!!

ok.  So it seems from what I have seen -

a.  you have to be overtly objectionable to get banned or

b.  offend someone who is quite literate in explaining why they are offended. 

Obviously being stupid/uninformed or not as bright as most of the members, doesn't get you banned - cuz I'm still here.