Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Puerto Rico Conspiracy theories

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

It's going to be funny when we learn the PR winner was someone vacationing from California.

Now that's funny Big Grin

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

weehawken nj
    United States
    Member #158095
    August 11, 2014
    1 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2015, 5:59 am - IP Logged

Conspiracy? try making an appointment to watch a live New Jersey drawing! here's the number 609-599-5801 Good luck!

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
      Member #158848
      September 5, 2014
      294 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2015, 6:57 am - IP Logged

It's a conspiracy by the liberals to help Puerto Rico become the 51st state. Puerto Rico will be another blue state once they are part of the union which means more electoral votes will go to the dems for the presidential election in 2016. Banana

Your frequent appeals to ridicule are not credible arguments. You have an unsubstantiated opinion, as do the conspiracy theorists. Neither side can prove they're right.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nor am I claiming there was any wrongdoing in the recent Powerball drawing. However, lottery cheating scandals are commonplace throughout history, including in recent years.

There are numerous documented cases of lottery machines being rigged, people being paid to cheat etcetera. Considering the enormous amounts of money involved in lotteries, it's actually naive to completely dismiss the idea that there could be cheating going on.

Government bureaucrats and private employees around the world frequently conspire to cheat and steal from their employers and the public. Anybody who reads or watches the news knows that. So why is it so unbelievable to some that lottery officials would also cheat and steal, especially when there are plenty of documented cases of them having previously done so?

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1530 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2015, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I agree with you scratch$.  lottery is a business and run by humans, so cheating is very possible.

California
          United States
          Member #141204
          April 7, 2013
          280 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2015, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Your frequent appeals to ridicule are not credible arguments. You have an unsubstantiated opinion, as do the conspiracy theorists. Neither side can prove they're right.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nor am I claiming there was any wrongdoing in the recent Powerball drawing. However, lottery cheating scandals are commonplace throughout history, including in recent years.

There are numerous documented cases of lottery machines being rigged, people being paid to cheat etcetera. Considering the enormous amounts of money involved in lotteries, it's actually naive to completely dismiss the idea that there could be cheating going on.

Government bureaucrats and private employees around the world frequently conspire to cheat and steal from their employers and the public. Anybody who reads or watches the news knows that. So why is it so unbelievable to some that lottery officials would also cheat and steal, especially when there are plenty of documented cases of them having previously done so?

That post wasn't meant to be a credible argument as indicated by the emoticon. There are times I like to have cogent and rational arguments and then there are times I like to have fun on the forums and make jokes. Having fun on a discussion forum, imagine that.

I've never made the claim the lottery is perfect and I never will. Some of the claims that have been made in these forums as to how MUSL is rigging PB and MM in favor of California is ludicrous and those are the batsh!t crazy claims that I was satirizing in my post. I mean there is a guy here who thinks the jackpots don't roll until MUSL uses computerized terminals to make sure no winning tickets were sold in California. Once MUSL uses computerized terminals to make sure no winning tickets were sold in CA then and only then do the jackpots roll.  Those are the type of claims I ridicule because they deserve to be ridiculed. 

Since you take issue with my comment, let me turn the tables on you and ask how exactly you propose to improve the, in your eyes, less than ideal situation when it comes to the lottery's credibility? What steps do you think MUSL ought to take that they are not already taking to help protect the integrity of the multi-state lottery games, PB and MM?

BC
            Canada
            Member #164095
            February 18, 2015
            3 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2015, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

As I have always believed, it's rigged one way or another.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
              Member #158848
              September 5, 2014
              294 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2015, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Here's an LP article for those who bash so-called "conspiracy-theorists", and believe that no MUSL employee would ever do anything wrong:

MUSL Employee Arrested in Hot Lotto Jackpot Mystery

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/285100

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions