Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions And Powerball Odds Are Approaching The Size Of The Usa Population Of 318.9 Million.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

IS IT STUPID TO KEEP PLAYING THE LOTTERY?

YES [ 9 ]  [30.00%]
NO [ 21 ]  [70.00%]
I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Lavender Rocket

United States
Member #124616
March 16, 2012
2642 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2015, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Most states offer jackpot games with million dollars plus jackpots with odds of 1:14M or better, it just that the arrogant and greedy players fell they are entitled to win a whole lot more.  It's still dreaming to play those games but they produce more jackpot winners.

I do like the state games.  They are smaller jackpots, but a jackpot is still a jackpot.  Hurray!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2015, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Most states offer jackpot games with million dollars plus jackpots with odds of 1:14M or better, it just that the arrogant and greedy players fell they are entitled to win a whole lot more.  It's still dreaming to play those games but they produce more jackpot winners.

"It's still dreaming to play those games but they produce more jackpot winners."

Some are saying they play because "somebody is going to win", but not very many drawings produce jackpot winner. In 2014 only 11 PB drawings produced a jackpot winner.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4106 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2015, 1:13 am - IP Logged

"It's still dreaming to play those games but they produce more jackpot winners."

Some are saying they play because "somebody is going to win", but not very many drawings produce jackpot winner. In 2014 only 11 PB drawings produced a jackpot winner.

Which is exactly my thinking Stack. People going on about " One Winner"  for multi million Dollar jackpots... and if they not one of the " 11"  winner's per year ?... its lets "wait another year" and if you not a winner that year its wait another year... When are they gonna win?

More Winners per jackpot l say... come Hell or High Water.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2015, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I dream of playing them all at different times, it all depends on their odds and the size of their jackpots at the time.

I'm dreaming PB is ready to be won so I may play it this week-end, besides MM was just hit and so was Ohio's Classic Lotto the other two games I sometime play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Which is exactly my thinking Stack. People going on about " One Winner"  for multi million Dollar jackpots... and if they not one of the " 11"  winner's per year ?... its lets "wait another year" and if you not a winner that year its wait another year... When are they gonna win?

More Winners per jackpot l say... come Hell or High Water.

Some states have 5/39 "rolling cash" games that count on the jackpot not being hit every drawing. Considering the 1 in 575,757 chance doesn't produce lots of jackpot winners, we shouldn't very many winners in games with at least a 1 in 175 million chance.

PB gives about a 1 in 5 million chance of winning $1 and for wagering 50% more, players can double that with PowerPlay. Not the greatest of odds, but something to think about.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2015, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Some states have 5/39 "rolling cash" games that count on the jackpot not being hit every drawing. Considering the 1 in 575,757 chance doesn't produce lots of jackpot winners, we shouldn't very many winners in games with at least a 1 in 175 million chance.

PB gives about a 1 in 5 million chance of winning $1 and for wagering 50% more, players can double that with PowerPlay. Not the greatest of odds, but something to think about.

If players just want a hit once in a while, even if it's only $1 Rolling Cash5 (5/39) is a good game to play.  So are those "All  or Nothing" games, I raised my 30 day hit ratio on the prediction board to 10% by prediction 40 lines for one of those games yesterday.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #67870
              December 7, 2008
              154 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2015, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

what is the population of U.S. adults?  The 318.9 million in the thread title includes children, doesn't it?

I ask because only adults can play MM and PB.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7302 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

If players just want a hit once in a while, even if it's only $1 Rolling Cash5 (5/39) is a good game to play.  So are those "All  or Nothing" games, I raised my 30 day hit ratio on the prediction board to 10% by prediction 40 lines for one of those games yesterday.

I predict All or Nothing too and average about a 22% hit ratio because of the wheel I use. The 22% is a trade off because most the wins are the cost ($2) of a ticket. It's one of those games where winning the jackpot might be the only way to show a profit.

How many stars will I get?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I predict All or Nothing too and average about a 22% hit ratio because of the wheel I use. The 22% is a trade off because most the wins are the cost ($2) of a ticket. It's one of those games where winning the jackpot might be the only way to show a profit.

I didn't check the actual numbers I predicted because I used the LP RNG to produce them but the board not only showed I up my percentages for the month but I also made a profit.  If that game ever come to Ohio I'll have to study it closer to see if I could make a profit playing it.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2015, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I didn't check the actual numbers I predicted because I used the LP RNG to produce them but the board not only showed I up my percentages for the month but I also made a profit.  If that game ever come to Ohio I'll have to study it closer to see if I could make a profit playing it.

I checked Friday's prediction results and I matched 11 in Texas "All or Nothing Night" for $500, all my other matches were 4's and 8's for prizes of $2.

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

I checked Friday's prediction results and I matched 11 in Texas "All or Nothing Night" for $500, all my other matches were 4's and 8's for prizes of $2.

That's a pretty good hit. Nice job, RJOh!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2015, 1:09 am - IP Logged

That's a pretty good hit. Nice job, RJOh!

I don't play the game, I just posted some combinations I got from the LP RNG to improve my overall prediction stats after seeing that was what Stack was doing.  Besides "All or Nothing" isn't available in Ohio.  I usually play my predictions and I did play my PB predictions and match a 0+1 for $4.

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5592 Posts
                          Posted: March 8, 2015, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I don't play the game, I just posted some combinations I got from the LP RNG to improve my overall prediction stats after seeing that was what Stack was doing.  Besides "All or Nothing" isn't available in Ohio.  I usually play my predictions and I did play my PB predictions and match a 0+1 for $4.

For some reason I do better when I use LP's RNG for AoN. Can't say the same for all the other games.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: March 8, 2015, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

The overall win average is 4.5%, 100%/4.5% comes out 22.2222222 no matter how you pick your numbers, the trick is to do better than the normal overall win percentages.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7302 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2015, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

The overall win average is 4.5%, 100%/4.5% comes out 22.2222222 no matter how you pick your numbers, the trick is to do better than the normal overall win percentages.

It also means 77.78% of all the combinations win nothing so the real trick is to avoid playing those combos.

Summary

Statistic  Current Month  Last Month  Current Year  Last Year  Lifetime 
                              Picks1,0404,1609,80046,595108,484
                              Hits2329202,10210,31617,330
                                  Hit Ratio22.31%22.12%21.45%22.14%15.97%
                              Winnings$896$4,788$10,900$43,748$88,607
                                  Prize Ratio43.08%57.55%55.61%47.14%47.62%

My prize ratio is just average because of the quality of my hits.