Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions And Powerball Jackpot Won Back To Back In New York.

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #62147
June 19, 2008
83 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2015, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

It's no secret MM and PB are rigged by the powers-that-be so that NY and CA have a lion's share of the jackpot winners.  Do the math.  Look at history.  And don't give me the "bigger population" excuse.  The population difference is not as great as the ratio of winners' in NY/CA to other states.

I stopped playing the jackpot games a year ago and only play scratch-offs.  I've won $450 since, and haven't thrown any money away on these rigged jackpot games.

Someday, a person with more time and money than I have will take legal action against this illegal scam and win.  Then NY and CA will have to break off into their own jackpot game, and the rest of the states will get their own.  That's the only way this stops.

Meanwhile, you non-NY and non-CA players can keep throwing your money away on something that you have NO CHANCE of winning.

Droptop6969's avatar - DSCF1040
    209 Modesto, California
    United States
    Member #162967
    January 15, 2015
    40 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2015, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

It's no secret MM and PB are rigged by the powers-that-be so that NY and CA have a lion's share of the jackpot winners.  Do the math.  Look at history.  And don't give me the "bigger population" excuse.  The population difference is not as great as the ratio of winners' in NY/CA to other states.

I stopped playing the jackpot games a year ago and only play scratch-offs.  I've won $450 since, and haven't thrown any money away on these rigged jackpot games.

Someday, a person with more time and money than I have will take legal action against this illegal scam and win.  Then NY and CA will have to break off into their own jackpot game, and the rest of the states will get their own.  That's the only way this stops.

Meanwhile, you non-NY and non-CA players can keep throwing your money away on something that you have NO CHANCE of winning.

Pass me what you're smokin LOL

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
      NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12110 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2015, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY is blaming Mega Millions and Powerball low sales to JACKPOT FATIGUE. Lottery players are tired of losing money on these games.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/powerball-lottery-sales-plunge-a--jackpot-fatigue--sets-in-154923928.html

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
        NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        12110 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2015, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't matter what State Wins, it's all about being in the right spot at the right time...

Which random spot and time? Oh I see. I already sent my order to the universe for a lottery jackpot win. How about you my friend?

Green laughGreen laughGreen laugh

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10391 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2015, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

MaximumMillions,

I lived in Germany in the 1970s, in Hessen. I was stationed in Friedberg and lived in Bad Nauheim.

A neighbor was the weatherman on the local TV station and hit the Hessen lotto. He didn't seem to get pestered like many stories here on LP about winners.

This will sound silly but I learned to count in German by watching the drawings on Saturday nights. Of course, it was Hessen German, so zwanzish instead of zwanzig, etc....

At that time I think the 6/49 was the only game.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2015, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Found this info from the Ca-lottery.

The California Lottery is a $5 billion enterprise based in Sacramento. It is one of the few state agencies that is a revenue generator, not accepting taxpayer dollars. Its mission is to provide supplemental funding to California schools while simultaneously supporting local communities. In FY 2013-14, the Lottery created 89 new millionaires. Ninety-five cents of every dollar spent by our players goes back to local communities in the form of contributions to public schools and colleges, prizes and Lottery retailer compensation. The California Lottery urges its customers to play responsibly and within their budgets. If you feel you have a gambling problem, or know someone who does, you can get help at 1-800-GAMBLER.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
              Member #164603
              March 8, 2015
              644 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2015, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

MaximumMillions,

I lived in Germany in the 1970s, in Hessen. I was stationed in Friedberg and lived in Bad Nauheim.

A neighbor was the weatherman on the local TV station and hit the Hessen lotto. He didn't seem to get pestered like many stories here on LP about winners.

This will sound silly but I learned to count in German by watching the drawings on Saturday nights. Of course, it was Hessen German, so zwanzish instead of zwanzig, etc....

At that time I think the 6/49 was the only game.

Haha, regional dialects in Germany are there own beast, it's not just a drawl or a twang it's like a completely different language and it's always fun when you are somewhere and they talk in a completely different way and you have to translate it in your head.

Maybe he didn't get pestered because he used his right to anonymity? Also depends on what he won.

There was also Glücksspirale at that time, still exists, you win 2 mil € and it's paid to you like a pension, lately they've allowed for a lump sum too.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2015, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

"It's no secret MM and PB are rigged by the powers-that-be so that NY and CA have a lion's share of the jackpot winners.  Do the math.  Look at history.  And don't give me the "bigger population" excuse.  The population difference is not as great as the ratio of winners' in NY/CA to other states."

The population doesn't matter as much as the number of tickets these states buy.  It's the same in each state, the areas that buy the most tickets win the most.  What amazes me are the dumb statements people post at LP and expect them to be taken seriously.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2015, 11:53 am - IP Logged

"It's no secret MM and PB are rigged by the powers-that-be so that NY and CA have a lion's share of the jackpot winners.  Do the math.  Look at history.  And don't give me the "bigger population" excuse.  The population difference is not as great as the ratio of winners' in NY/CA to other states."

The population doesn't matter as much as the number of tickets these states buy.  It's the same in each state, the areas that buy the most tickets win the most.  What amazes me are the dumb statements people post at LP and expect them to be taken seriously.

Dude,  even the MM/PB FAQ page contradicts it's self.  Then go look at the winners page.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2015, 11:57 am - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY is blaming Mega Millions and Powerball low sales to JACKPOT FATIGUE. Lottery players are tired of losing money on these games.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/powerball-lottery-sales-plunge-a--jackpot-fatigue--sets-in-154923928.html

No, lottery players are tired of their money flowing to states like california and new york.  California needs those jackpot wins to support all those illegal immigrants.

Trump 2016!

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1720 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2015, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I can't remember if I read this some where, but are all the lottery store terminals connected to a main lottery mainframe?  ( one big computer )

209 Modesto, California
                        United States
                        Member #162967
                        January 15, 2015
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2015, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

No, lottery players are tired of their money flowing to states like california and new york.  California needs those jackpot wins to support all those illegal immigrants.

Jealousy is the 1st form of flattery ya dope LOL

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2015, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Jealousy is the 1st form of flattery ya dope LOL

Jealous of Commiefornia...Ha ha.  Nope not at all.  You can keep your illegals if you voted democrat in 2008 and 2012.  Look up mark dice on youtube.  He also lives in california,  and shows how stupid californians really are.

Trump 2016!

209 Modesto, California
                            United States
                            Member #162967
                            January 15, 2015
                            40 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2015, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Jealous of Commiefornia...Ha ha.  Nope not at all.  You can keep your illegals if you voted democrat in 2008 and 2012.  Look up mark dice on youtube.  He also lives in california,  and shows how stupid californians really are.

Its 76 degrees today in California,  How is it in the trailerparkLOL state?

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3502 Posts
                              Posted: March 18, 2015, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Seems like you would have a better chance/feeling of winning the jackpot if a person moved to a state that has more jackpot winners.

Exactly. You should make a list of all the combinations that have been drawn in the last year or two and ask your state lottery why they didn't let you play them.