Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You scan your PB/MM ticket and it reads " See the Clerk"..

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2015, 2:34 pm - IP Logged
  • Do you hand your ticket over to the Clerk and ask " So what is the ticket telling you & me ?"
  • Or do you take a look at the Clerk & with a grin say "See You later" and head out to your mode of transportation - out comes your phone to confirm what the machine is telling you?
  • For Entertainment Purposes Only.
  • Have a Great upcoming weekend & stay Healthy People. .

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

NYC
    United States
    Member #161115
    November 17, 2014
    126 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2015, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I would hide the ticket in my socks and dash out the door. The check the numbers at home.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #133462
      September 30, 2012
      5946 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2015, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

See the clerk = Lawsuit

I check my tickets immediately after the drawing. I do not need a machine to confirm any winnings. When my wins are small, I make it very clear that this ticket is a winner, the amount of the win and lean over the counter in an intimidating way watching every move until the cash hits my hands. 7 - 11 staff knows the routine very well.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2015, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I've never had a clerk check my tickets to see if it's a winner. I always know how much I've won before I hand the clerk my tickets and if I ever win a big one I plan on going to the main office and not stopping at a store.

But on the other hand, it would be cool to see the looks on everyones face when they realize you just won a big jackpot.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Think's avatar - lightbulb
          Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2015, 3:35 pm - IP Logged
          • Do you hand your ticket over to the Clerk and ask " So what is the ticket telling you & me ?"
          • Or do you take a look at the Clerk & with a grin say "See You later" and head out to your mode of transportation - out comes your phone to confirm what the machine is telling you?

This has happened to me numerous times and each time I cuss at the GD scanner.  For what they get in revenue and what they pay for those scanners they sure should work a lot better.  I then scan it a second, third, and a fourth time and it finally comes up "sorry, not a winner".

I don't get excited because I know the scanners are for crap. (Around here anyway)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

See the clerk = Lawsuit

I check my tickets immediately after the drawing. I do not need a machine to confirm any winnings. When my wins are small, I make it very clear that this ticket is a winner, the amount of the win and lean over the counter in an intimidating way watching every move until the cash hits my hands. 7 - 11 staff knows the routine very well.

LOL

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I would hide the ticket in my socks and dash out the door. The check the numbers at home.

Smile

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I've never had a clerk check my tickets to see if it's a winner. I always know how much I've won before I hand the clerk my tickets and if I ever win a big one I plan on going to the main office and not stopping at a store.

But on the other hand, it would be cool to see the looks on everyones face when they realize you just won a big jackpot.

I Agree!..

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

This has happened to me numerous times and each time I cuss at the GD scanner.  For what they get in revenue and what they pay for those scanners they sure should work a lot better.  I then scan it a second, third, and a fourth time and it finally comes up "sorry, not a winner".

I don't get excited because I know the scanners are for crap. (Around here anyway)

l was told that the scanners NEVER make a mistake-"supposedly" they will never say " Not a winner, and after a few more scans say Winner." If they did- l can see a lawsuit. 

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
                    NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
                    United States
                    Member #106371
                    February 17, 2011
                    9702 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

See the clerk = Lawsuit

ROFL

PETS#=105-215

Litebets27's avatar - power
                      Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #10465
                      January 14, 2005
                      6065 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2015, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Ask for a print out of the PB/MM #s,

leave the store.

compare the numbers while in your car.

Sign the back of the ticket. 

Make plans!!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19826 Posts
                        Posted: March 19, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I never ask a clerk to check my tickets, I tell them I'm cashing it because I already know what it's worth and if it's worth more than $600 I tell them to validate it so I can go to the local bank to collect my money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                          Cordova,Al.
                          United States
                          Member #104482
                          January 15, 2011
                          4910 Posts
                          Posted: March 19, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I scan my ticket first, when it said see clerk. He scan it & hand it back. Tell me congratulation and hand me some paper work. Then he told I had to go to main Lottery office to get the ticket cashed. So the Lottery office cut me check had my picture taking with a over size check. I believe that would been the end of that. People started coming out the wood work. cbr$ 

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2015, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

No clerk.. no touchy the ticket...drive home..check tickets on line at least 3 to maybe as many as 10 times.
                            Call spouse into room....do a lil dance and repeat this rhyme:

Honey I love ya forever,,,,,,,,no matter what!
                            I am soon telling tha' boss at work..... to kiss my flat scrawny butt.
                            Our retirement train has now come in ...and it's close in sight.
                            We gotta drive to Austin next month...ta spend the night.
                            Cause we are about to roll in doe.....no more payments to make !
                            So take of yer top and give the girls a shake ! !
                            Don't tell the kids,,,,,,,,, your friends or mine...
                            We will just be on permanent vacation...... all of the time !!
                            I wanna thank ya Jesus...and say a little AMEN...
                            Maybe ask God .......if I could win it again !!
                            Probably not gonna happen ........ and that's okay
                            I will becoming a millionaire.... in a few short days !!!!

Banana

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                              Marquette, MI
                              United States
                              Member #20541
                              August 20, 2005
                              705 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

l was told that the scanners NEVER make a mistake-"supposedly" they will never say " Not a winner, and after a few more scans say Winner." If they did- l can see a lawsuit. 

No you got that backwards.  They say  to see the clerk and after 3 or 4 scans they will say not a winner.