Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You scan your PB/MM ticket and it reads " See the Clerk"..

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I never ask a clerk to check my tickets, I tell them I'm cashing it because I already know what it's worth and if it's worth more than $600 I tell them to validate it so I can go to the local bank to collect my money.

I guess if someone bought a large number of tickets and is too lazy to check them, using the scanner is better than just handing the tickets unsigned to a clerk. But if I scan a ticket and it said "see the clerk", I'm signing the ticket and checking to see how much it worth BEFORE "seeing the clerk".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19901 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2015, 5:08 am - IP Logged

I guess if someone bought a large number of tickets and is too lazy to check them, using the scanner is better than just handing the tickets unsigned to a clerk. But if I scan a ticket and it said "see the clerk", I'm signing the ticket and checking to see how much it worth BEFORE "seeing the clerk".

They could just post their picks on the prediction board and check the winner list after LP check them which works for most games except pick5's that pay for matching 2 like Ohio's Rolling Cash5.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6305 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2015, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Like others said I check my tickets online(don't trust the clerks).

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2015, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Like others said I check my tickets online(don't trust the clerks).

If you don't trust the clerks, how would you suggest we cash tickets?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2015, 2:30 am - IP Logged

If you don't trust the clerks, how would you suggest we cash tickets?

Trust but verify, check the printout that says the amount won by the ticket.  Many clerks read and trash them without every showing them to the customers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3316 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2015, 7:08 am - IP Logged

here it generally means the scanner cant tell you,. it may or may not be winner. its a pain because i play keno and they use the same scanner. although we have player cards i sometimes am to lazy to use them but recently. i was informed that i have $3 won on the card from some where. i know its spot 1 keno as thats the only thing that pays $3. so ill be using it more often obviously i cant be trusted.

min wages here doesnt seem as bad as usa so people dont seem to scam as much

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2015, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Trust but verify, check the printout that says the amount won by the ticket.  Many clerks read and trash them without every showing them to the customers.

I know you cashed tickets worth more than $600, but based on some of the comments, not many others have. And it looks like most have cashed for less than $100. But I'm still trying to figure out why someone would by a scratch-off in another state and then drive home to check it.

The only PB and MM tickets that require "seeing the clerk" are the tickets with 4 + 1 and 5 + 0 matches so the point of this thread is the reaction of a player winning a lot more than they thought. The people having problems with clerks probably don't know there are other lottery retailers.

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1744 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2015, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I know you cashed tickets worth more than $600, but based on some of the comments, not many others have. And it looks like most have cashed for less than $100. But I'm still trying to figure out why someone would by a scratch-off in another state and then drive home to check it.

The only PB and MM tickets that require "seeing the clerk" are the tickets with 4 + 1 and 5 + 0 matches so the point of this thread is the reaction of a player winning a lot more than they thought. The people having problems with clerks probably don't know there are other lottery retailers.

I would never attempt to cash a winning ticket at a convenience store anyway, b/c they might not have enough money on hand to pay out, or they might not want to, b/c they are a small operation to begin with.

Cash your winning tickets at a grocery store instead, b/c most grocery stores usually have enough money on hand to make the $$$ payout.

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                  Member #131594
                  August 14, 2012
                  171 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

l was told that the scanners NEVER make a mistake-"supposedly" they will never say " Not a winner, and after a few more scans say Winner." If they did- l can see a lawsuit. 

This happened to me just this evening.  I knew the ticket was a $21 winner before I scanned it but I always scan everything before handing it in just to make sure I didn't mess up.  I scanned it and it said " not a winner." I was mystified.  Then I scanned it again and the scanner went crazy and kept repeating "not a winner" about 10 times in a row.  I moved to another scanner and it said "Congratulation! You won $21" so I went back to the first scanner, scanned it, and the darn thing said "not a winner" blinked and then said it was worth $21.  This was a little table top scanner not the terminal that spits out the tickets.  This isn't the first time I had weirdness with the counter top scanner but I have never had a problem with the terminals.

Lotto Lucy

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4146 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2015, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

This happened to me just this evening.  I knew the ticket was a $21 winner before I scanned it but I always scan everything before handing it in just to make sure I didn't mess up.  I scanned it and it said " not a winner." I was mystified.  Then I scanned it again and the scanner went crazy and kept repeating "not a winner" about 10 times in a row.  I moved to another scanner and it said "Congratulation! You won $21" so I went back to the first scanner, scanned it, and the darn thing said "not a winner" blinked and then said it was worth $21.  This was a little table top scanner not the terminal that spits out the tickets.  This isn't the first time I had weirdness with the counter top scanner but I have never had a problem with the terminals.

The lottery Officials would probably tell you that you used the wrong scanner, that one was put together in Bangladesh.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

On The Edge of Infinity
                      United States
                      Member #160681
                      November 4, 2014
                      76 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2015, 5:50 pm - IP Logged
                      • Do you hand your ticket over to the Clerk and ask " So what is the ticket telling you & me ?"
                      • Or do you take a look at the Clerk & with a grin say "See You later" and head out to your mode of transportation - out comes your phone to confirm what the machine is telling you?
                      • For Entertainment Purposes Only.
                      • Have a Great upcoming weekend & stay Healthy People. .

Well you have one of two choices.

A) Run the other way.

B) Sign it and hand it over.

Possesion is 9/10 of the law.  Never let a winning ticket out of your hands.  Thats why I never mail in my winners.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31921 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2015, 8:16 pm - IP Logged
                        • Do you hand your ticket over to the Clerk and ask " So what is the ticket telling you & me ?"
                        • Or do you take a look at the Clerk & with a grin say "See You later" and head out to your mode of transportation - out comes your phone to confirm what the machine is telling you?
                        • For Entertainment Purposes Only.
                        • Have a Great upcoming weekend & stay Healthy People. .

For the first time last week I scanned one & it said see the sales person or "whatever" & come to find out that card had ended & was no longer available...in other words it wasn't any good at all.

I had picked it up where someone had left it quite awhile back & just ran across it so decided to scan it though it didn't look like a winner but when it said that at first I thought maybe I was mistaken & it was a big one...Big Grin Angel

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: March 24, 2015, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I would never attempt to cash a winning ticket at a convenience store anyway, b/c they might not have enough money on hand to pay out, or they might not want to, b/c they are a small operation to begin with.

Cash your winning tickets at a grocery store instead, b/c most grocery stores usually have enough money on hand to make the $$$ payout.

I Agree! and there are only three MM and PB prizes requiring a claims form so only a fool would hand ticket winning the top two prizes to a store clerk.