Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are lotteries games of chance or intelligence?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 2 years ago by music*.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I was making it clear that post was not my post as I have said many time in my PMs to follow LP members "I do not follow or play Pick3 and Pick4 games".

Instead of getting upset RJ- look at it as having a secret admirer whose trying to get your attention. I mean you have been here for quite a while and all that mileage adds up to someone of the opposite sex taking a liking to you. Big Smile

It's just another Feather in your cap dude..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7297 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I was making it clear that post was not my post as I have said many time in my PMs to follow LP members "I do not follow or play Pick3 and Pick4 games".

I thought you were getting those PMs too. My guess there are a lot more people here hoping to get numbers than are posting.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2015, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Instead of getting upset RJ- look at it as having a secret admirer whose trying to get your attention. I mean you have been here for quite a while and all that mileage adds up to someone of the opposite sex taking a liking to you. Big Smile

It's just another Feather in your cap dude..

I received a PM from samgirl explaining her intentions so that is all cleared up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2015, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I thought you were getting those PMs too. My guess there are a lot more people here hoping to get numbers than are posting.

The problem is pick3 predictors only have a thousand possible combinations to post regardless of the number people looking for combinations to play.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2015, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Can we say that those who think lotteries are a game of intelligence don't have a chance?

Scared

J/K, Couldn't resist!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4104 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2015, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I received a PM from samgirl explaining her intentions so that is all cleared up.

All " cleared Up" huh- do you get to keep the feather though? Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2015, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Can we say that those who think lotteries are a game of intelligence don't have a chance?

Scared

J/K, Couldn't resist!

There is no "we" at LP, every member only speaks for himself/herself.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #132100
                August 26, 2012
                1076 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2015, 12:48 am - IP Logged

I think both with the recent rash of wins in both MM and PB at relative low jackpot levels.

I think that all or at least most people who win jackpot kinds of games win by chance, I think that is is most and not all, those who win big jackpots probably have come out way ahead of have they have spent on playing the lottery in their life-time.

For most people, no matter the lottery game or games played, they all are games of chance.

--------

I know somebody who doesn't have a computer and who doesn't know anything about computers, but plays the pick 3 game everyday and wins boxed and or straight every once in a while, because of his straight wins he says that in the long run he has won very much more than what he has lost, since he buy many or several lottery tickets each time that he plays, some of the times when he wins straight he wins thousands of Dollars.

To him, the pick 3 game is probably more a game of intelligence than a game of chance.

People who come ahead of the pick 3 game like he does, are probably rare, but they are out there.

In my own experience, lottery games are both: Games of chance and games of intelligence, but as I said "To most people, lottery games are games of chance"

If a person can't win often enough by use of their intelligence in some way even if they are just playing numbers predicted by other(s), then the game or games are of chance.

Some people are intelligent enough to know whose numbers to play and when to play them, so if they win more than they lose, then to them the lottery games might be games of intelligence.

----------------

If people say that lottery games are games of chance, they are more right than they are wrong, because to most people lottery games are games of chance.

The proof is that "the house" always wins.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2015, 11:17 am - IP Logged

There is no "we" at LP, every member only speaks for himself/herself.

RJOh,

Some Native American tribes have a belief that the very first thing a person says after they die is, "Why was I so serious."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                    Happy California
                    United States
                    Member #157856
                    August 2, 2014
                    1506 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2015, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!