Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Standing in line ready to purchase a lottery ticket and overhead... .

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5610 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2015, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I get PISSED when I lose, why wouldn't I?

You should see a friend I know when he loses, he flies into a rage, will start cursing and burn his losing tickets with his lighter lol.

That is definitely not normal. Obviously there is no concept of the odds involved. It's supposed to be fun. Sure being disappointed when you don't win is normal, but the odds are such that winning a jackpot is probably not gonna happen.

If I got to the point that I was mad every time I lost, I would just quit playing.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2015, 10:27 am - IP Logged

You should see a friend I know when he loses, he flies into a rage, will start cursing and burn his losing tickets with his lighter lol.

That should make No Sense whatsoever  : After all you always posting stuff stating that jackpots are " Easy to Win."

Remember this Pancho.

\

jjtheprince's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    St. Louis, MO
    United States
    Member #106134
    February 13, 2011
    417 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2015, 10:06 am - IP LoggedReplyFavorites

PSSH...Ive got tons of cred.  The fact that neither game can roll is absolute proof that both are way too easy.

Stop asking how many jackpots I've won bc it's not way too easy for me, but it's way too easy for winners.  If I ever win I will proclaim myself to be the first winner that had a real hard time winning.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2015, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Is that supposed to read My Husband & Family Nydebbie? 

I'd guess she meant her husband's family -- her inlaws.  Yes Nod

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2015, 10:38 am - IP Logged

I'd guess she meant her husband's family -- her inlaws.  Yes Nod

Playful Banter HLK....Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
          nc
          United States
          Member #99520
          October 26, 2010
          375 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2015, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Well, let's see, gave up my husband 26 yrs ago to a drunk driver, still haven't won.

gave up $2-4 a week to the lottery, still haven't won.

i know! Give up my hair...since it will grow Back when I don't win!  :)

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Mischievous Friday:

Went by the convenience store in Milpitas that sold a million dollar scratcher a month or so ago this morning. Decided to scan my losing Fantasy 5 ticket and got around to asking the guy behind the counter" Who owns this joint- his reply was who wants to know? " l said me, because I read about a" situation" at this store on a website called Lottery Post.

Have a Great Weekend People. 

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2015, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

"That is definitely not normal."

I'll bet it's completely normal in JJ's social circle.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2015, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

That is definitely not normal. Obviously there is no concept of the odds involved. It's supposed to be fun. Sure being disappointed when you don't win is normal, but the odds are such that winning a jackpot is probably not gonna happen.

If I got to the point that I was mad every time I lost, I would just quit playing.

Got to agree rcb,  the odds are too great to expect to win. Perhaps he should give playing every other draw, that way he would boy perturbed only half the time
                Naughty

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

JustJim's avatar - driver
                  SunPrairie Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #162093
                  December 21, 2014
                  126 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2015, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I'd give up reality tv....which is no biggie for me since I never watch that crap anyway....Crazy

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                    NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3706 Posts
                    Posted: April 12, 2015, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Mischievous Friday:

Went by the convenience store in Milpitas that sold a million dollar scratcher a month or so ago this morning. Decided to scan my losing Fantasy 5 ticket and got around to asking the guy behind the counter" Who owns this joint- his reply was who wants to know? " l said me, because I read about a" situation" at this store on a website called Lottery Post.

Have a Great Weekend People. 

You play Cali's Fantasy 5 'Gate?

Here's a little tidbit for you;  There's been 50 times when a set of five winning numbers has been drawn twice in more than 7,740 drawings of California Fantasy 5 since the game began on February 4, 1992.  Didja know that? 

Think I'm kidding? Check this out:  4 9 19 27 35 was drawn on  June 30th 1996, and again on August 14th, 2012. 

Kind of hard to believe isn't it?  But it's true.  Same thing has happened with New York's daily 5/39 game Take5. It's had 44 sets of five winning numbers be drawn twice in 6,580 drawings.  Georgia's Fantasy5 is another one.  26 sets of quints drawn in 6,900 drawings since the game began on October 31, 2000. 

Don't ask me why it happens because I dont have a clue why it does.  There's lottery newspaper published every other week here in NY that is looking into it.  They say they are researching it and will let their readers know why it happens as much as it does.  They say it shouldn't happen very often but because it does, they're looking into it.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      545 Posts
                      Posted: April 12, 2015, 9:37 am - IP Logged

These two guys asking each other " What are you willing to give up in order to win the jackpot? "

The Older Guy says without hesitation" My Brother in law,  apparently the sister is now supporting the family because this guy refuses to go out & look for work. It got me thinking,  what am I willing to give up,  certainly not a limb, my dogs or worse. 

What would you be willing to give up in order to win? I found it humorous at the time so this falls under" Entertainment Purposes Only".

*** Have a Great Week People & above all else: Stay Healthy. .oh yeah,  win Something while we at it.

At my store, the only thing overhead are  the nudie mags. 

But I am willing to give up California.

Mexico can take it.  Or Canada. 

Japan can have it as last resort.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                        Lavender Rocket

United States
                        Member #124616
                        March 16, 2012
                        2642 Posts
                        Posted: April 12, 2015, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Funny - I am happy when I lose, cuz I figure I am one drawing closer to my winning.  --my dh thinks my logic is off... but since he wants me to keep on cooking... :)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5610 Posts
                          Posted: April 12, 2015, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Funny - I am happy when I lose, cuz I figure I am one drawing closer to my winning.  --my dh thinks my logic is off... but since he wants me to keep on cooking... :)

It's like that in sales. Every no I hear just means I'm closer to a yes.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2015, 11:33 am - IP Logged

You play Cali's Fantasy 5 'Gate?

Here's a little tidbit for you;  There's been 50 times when a set of five winning numbers has been drawn twice in more than 7,740 drawings of California Fantasy 5 since the game began on February 4, 1992.  Didja know that? 

Think I'm kidding? Check this out:  4 9 19 27 35 was drawn on  June 30th 1996, and again on August 14th, 2012. 

Kind of hard to believe isn't it?  But it's true.  Same thing has happened with New York's daily 5/39 game Take5. It's had 44 sets of five winning numbers be drawn twice in 6,580 drawings.  Georgia's Fantasy5 is another one.  26 sets of quints drawn in 6,900 drawings since the game began on October 31, 2000. 

Don't ask me why it happens because I dont have a clue why it does.  There's lottery newspaper published every other week here in NY that is looking into it.  They say they are researching it and will let their readers know why it happens as much as it does.  They say it shouldn't happen very often but because it does, they're looking into it.

"Kind of hard to believe isn't it?  But it's true.  Same thing has happened with New York's daily 5/39 game Take5. It's had 44 sets of five winning numbers be drawn twice in 6,580 drawings.  Georgia's Fantasy5 is another one.  26 sets of quints drawn in 6,900 drawings since the game began on October 31, 2000." 

Why is that hard to believe?  Ohio Rolling Cash5(5/39) with over 3700 drawings has had eleven combinations of five repeat.  With less than 600K possible combinations repeats once in a while are more likely than in games with more than 10M possible combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                              NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3706 Posts
                              Posted: April 14, 2015, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

"Kind of hard to believe isn't it?  But it's true.  Same thing has happened with New York's daily 5/39 game Take5. It's had 44 sets of five winning numbers be drawn twice in 6,580 drawings.  Georgia's Fantasy5 is another one.  26 sets of quints drawn in 6,900 drawings since the game began on October 31, 2000." 

Why is that hard to believe?  Ohio Rolling Cash5(5/39) with over 3700 drawings has had eleven combinations of five repeat.  With less than 600K possible combinations repeats once in a while are more likely than in games with more than 10M possible combinations.

Well, many folks think it shouldn't happen due to the odds.  575,757 to 1 odds in a 5/39 matrix makes it tough for some people to accept that it happens with as much frequency as it apparently does across many states with 5/39 games.

Due to the fact that it happens as much as it does, it seems to me that it's a lot more probable than most people realize.  I'm wondering if it's a "probability thing".   Statistics and probability while similar in nature aren't the exactly the same thing.  Maybe statistics says it shouldn't happen all that much, but probability says it can and should. 

At any rate, I'm sure there's somebody in the academic world that would have an explanation as to why it happens as much as it does.  I myself have no clue, but I'd love to hear somebody with an advanced degree in math, statistics and probability explain why it does.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!