Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Player in Massachusetts looking for Advice

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 2 years ago by JKLivengood.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2015, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

im not familliar with these?? i will check out online...Is this something im required to do?

Just go the NYL site, registrer, choose your numbers for Lotto and/or Mega Millions and buy a subscription. Small prizes are credited to you NYL account, you will get an email  stating you have won a prize. You can log in anytime to see what you have won. For large prizes, the NYL will contact you.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

rockport
    United States
    Member #165696
    April 19, 2015
    43 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2015, 2:10 am - IP Logged

First you need some graph paper. Next write the dates down the left (long) side. To the right of the dates write the drawn #s.

Now across the top of the page write   0  1  2  3   4  5  6  7  8  9
                                   4/1 0496            X              X      X         X
                                   4/2 1257            1  X  X      1   X  1  X     1
                                   4/3 5068            X  1  1      2   X  X     X  2
                                   4/4 3249            1  2  X  X  X  1   1     1  X

Each day after the drawing, mark an X under each of the 0-9 #'s that hit.

Example. If the drawn # is 0496, you put the X under the 0 4 6 9.

If the next draws were 1257, 5068, 3249. It would look like this above.

The X's represent the hits. Now for the skips. Each day a # doesn't hit, you count the boxes between the X's.
    So the 0 has hit, skip 1, hit, skip 1.  The  4 has hit, skip 2, hit. The 9 has hit , skip 2 hit.

If you have a double you can use a X. I will high lite consecutive pairs in pink, 3 digit series (234) in orange,  4 digit series (3456) in blue.

You just follow the pattern of hits and skips to pick your #'s. And also to see what is hot or cold.

As I said you can use this for tracking anything you can think of. Good Luck!!!

I really appreciate the time you took to give me this advice. I started setting up a hit and miss chart today. I think it will help me quite a bit in the long run . I have to go back to work on the tugboat today, so I will be on the sidelines but it will be good because I will not be betting any actual money and I will compare  my numbers to the winning numbers each day. I took some pretty big hits in the last few days on the mass daily and evening numbers. I think in the beginning as I was selecting quite a few combinations I happen to hit quite a bit as I was told I would in the beginning buy a few more experience  players than myself. Do you use other tools other than that hit and miss charts? If so what do you think I should use along with this hit and miss chart?  As I said before I am only looking forward vice I am not looking for any  handouts. I have put in several hours trying to get the fundamentals down. I will start really trying to find some trends and patterns in the next couple of weeks as I will be on a tugboat going up and down the east coast. I do have Internet so I will be on the site every day. Thanks again for your advice and I'm sure we will be talking again soon thanks

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
      Winning makes me smile.
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4878 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2015, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I really appreciate the time you took to give me this advice. I started setting up a hit and miss chart today. I think it will help me quite a bit in the long run . I have to go back to work on the tugboat today, so I will be on the sidelines but it will be good because I will not be betting any actual money and I will compare  my numbers to the winning numbers each day. I took some pretty big hits in the last few days on the mass daily and evening numbers. I think in the beginning as I was selecting quite a few combinations I happen to hit quite a bit as I was told I would in the beginning buy a few more experience  players than myself. Do you use other tools other than that hit and miss charts? If so what do you think I should use along with this hit and miss chart?  As I said before I am only looking forward vice I am not looking for any  handouts. I have put in several hours trying to get the fundamentals down. I will start really trying to find some trends and patterns in the next couple of weeks as I will be on a tugboat going up and down the east coast. I do have Internet so I will be on the site every day. Thanks again for your advice and I'm sure we will be talking again soon thanks

You're quite welcome. I should have mentioned that you might want to go back at the very minimum to the beginning of April on the chart. March or even January would be better still. Keep the charts separate, one for midday one for evening. Some players combine both draws into one chart, but that is a matter of personal preference and if their state works better that way. You can always do that later if you want.
      It will take some time to do it, but it will allow you to see a few months of the games history as far as how the digits are running, the different patterns and trends that occur and how long they last.

The skip and hit charts are excellent for trying to see when things are about to occur. As far as what to track, is limited only by your imagination. Singles, doubles, triples,  series numbers, sums, root sums, pairs, even- odd #'s, low- high #'s are just a few things. As you gain experience you'll learn which ones benefit you the most with your methods. (Myself, I prefer root sums over sums. I figure it's easier tracking 9 roots than 27 or 36 sums.) Lol
      You'll even invent your own charts most likely. But they all help you learn the game and get better at it.

As far as other tools, I use LotSoftPro software. Winsumlosesum here at LP has threads on how to download it. Just put it in the search box. It's very good software. It's good that you're willing to put in the effort, some aren't. Thumbs Up
      Remember, you don't have to play every day. Just play when the time is right. Good Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2015, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Hey Guys And Gals and thanks for letting me join this great site!!

Ive read many of your posts and im impressed with all of the data and material. 

Im Chris from Rockport MA.

Im a tugboat captain i work out of Brooklyn New York But live in Rockport MAss.

and have always been interested with the daily lottery.

I recently began playing Ma. Daily 4 number and Mass Cash games.

For the Daily # ive been using the 1111 and 6666,317 and rundowns.

Im new at this but after my first week i was astonished at the results. i joined 2 different sites

to help with the number selection.I hit 4 exact 5930 4/4 Ma Midday. This obviously got me addicted..

ive hit several box wins and then started playing various pick 3 games from several diff states. My rundowns were working for Maryland,WV, And Arizona on a fairly consistent basis. But ill be honest the numbers that hit including the 4 exact were from a website that i joined. I am seeking some advice from the elders. im not looking for any handouts as im actually willing tyo start from scrath and put the time in to learn the different systems.. i love doing this and im deffinately hooked!!! lately my numbers have been so darn close.. only one digit away.. or digits i like but cant afford to play them all...   can anyone reccomend a few methods that i should use as a beginner? i see the actual winning combination on my rundown sheets every drawing.. only a few mass drawings that the winning numbers werent on the rundowns.. but always at least 3 consecutive. im frustrated now because ive been all around the winning digits but on a losinbg streak for 5 days. waiting on my first payout check drawn on a Canadian bank so im guessing it will arive before summer... lol

thanks for helping out a Newbie..

ill help anyone in anyway if i can as well..

You can subscribe to Massachusetts Lottery games:

Lucky for Life, Megabucks Doubler, 

Mega Millions and Powerball.

I like the convenience of subscriptions.

See their website.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

rockport
          United States
          Member #165696
          April 19, 2015
          43 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2015, 3:43 am - IP Logged

You're quite welcome. I should have mentioned that you might want to go back at the very minimum to the beginning of April on the chart. March or even January would be better still. Keep the charts separate, one for midday one for evening. Some players combine both draws into one chart, but that is a matter of personal preference and if their state works better that way. You can always do that later if you want.
          It will take some time to do it, but it will allow you to see a few months of the games history as far as how the digits are running, the different patterns and trends that occur and how long they last.

The skip and hit charts are excellent for trying to see when things are about to occur. As far as what to track, is limited only by your imagination. Singles, doubles, triples,  series numbers, sums, root sums, pairs, even- odd #'s, low- high #'s are just a few things. As you gain experience you'll learn which ones benefit you the most with your methods. (Myself, I prefer root sums over sums. I figure it's easier tracking 9 roots than 27 or 36 sums.) Lol
          You'll even invent your own charts most likely. But they all help you learn the game and get better at it.

As far as other tools, I use LotSoftPro software. Winsumlosesum here at LP has threads on how to download it. Just put it in the search box. It's very good software. It's good that you're willing to put in the effort, some aren't. Thumbs Up
          Remember, you don't have to play every day. Just play when the time is right. Good Luck!!!

Thanks again!! Not too many folks willing to help out new comers...

im already working on the steps you gave me to start out with...

i was only doing number workouts... Rundowns. It's all I knew!

i did hit an exact hit in my 2nd week and several box 4 number hits

but I think it had to do with the volume of numbers I was playing more than

anything else.. Prob beginners luck too! I've been ice cold for two weeks

so I'm kind of glad I'm back on the tugboat for two weeks.. This way I can 

watch and keep track of the data.. Im picking combos but not playing.

I'm gunna work hard at just watching for trends and patterns.. Already noticed

a few already!! 

I'll keep in touch.. Thanks again!!

chris...."Bigrig"

rockport
            United States
            Member #165696
            April 19, 2015
            43 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2015, 3:44 am - IP Logged

You can subscribe to Massachusetts Lottery games:

Lucky for Life, Megabucks Doubler, 

Mega Millions and Powerball.

I like the convenience of subscriptions.

See their website.

I'm gunna check it out... Thanks..

Maine
              United States
              Member #99
              January 27, 2002
              1014 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2015, 11:10 am - IP Logged

grwurston's advice is rock solid and the skip and hit chart is an excellent tool. Not many people like helping newcomers because they usually ask you to do the work for them or never even acknowledge your input, you know ...snowflakes. This is not an easy game and luck is certainly a factor. Something to consider is the anatomy of a P4 number..... (1) one or more numbers will repeat from the previous game most of the time (2) there will be a consecutive pair most of the time i.e. 12, 23, 34 etc. (3) there will be a mirror pair (1=6, 2=7, 3=8, 4=9, 5=0) most of the time (4) there will be a mirror of one of the previous numbers most of the time (5) double numbers are always possible. I say "most of the time" because you need to look back through your state"s history to see the trends and calculate the actual percentages (which I think you will find high). The important thing to know here is that if one or more of the above 5 do not occur then it is "probable" that they will occur in the next game (s). In one state I play, doubles seem to hit 2 in a row and then straights hit 2 in a row so what might happen next is "probable" . Sometimes if two numbers repeat from the last game it will start a trend of this happening for a few games. Sometimes two mirror pairs will hit together (27 50) so next game it's "probable" there will be no mirror numbers....you will see these trends etc. Hope this is helpful and happy numbers!

If it wasn't impossible I wouldn't even consider it!

rockport
                United States
                Member #165696
                April 19, 2015
                43 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2015, 11:56 am - IP Logged

grwurston's advice is rock solid and the skip and hit chart is an excellent tool. Not many people like helping newcomers because they usually ask you to do the work for them or never even acknowledge your input, you know ...snowflakes. This is not an easy game and luck is certainly a factor. Something to consider is the anatomy of a P4 number..... (1) one or more numbers will repeat from the previous game most of the time (2) there will be a consecutive pair most of the time i.e. 12, 23, 34 etc. (3) there will be a mirror pair (1=6, 2=7, 3=8, 4=9, 5=0) most of the time (4) there will be a mirror of one of the previous numbers most of the time (5) double numbers are always possible. I say "most of the time" because you need to look back through your state"s history to see the trends and calculate the actual percentages (which I think you will find high). The important thing to know here is that if one or more of the above 5 do not occur then it is "probable" that they will occur in the next game (s). In one state I play, doubles seem to hit 2 in a row and then straights hit 2 in a row so what might happen next is "probable" . Sometimes if two numbers repeat from the last game it will start a trend of this happening for a few games. Sometimes two mirror pairs will hit together (27 50) so next game it's "probable" there will be no mirror numbers....you will see these trends etc. Hope this is helpful and happy numbers!

Solid Tools ALX!!! Thanks for giving me some ideas...

im more than willing to Put in the time... It's a lot to

take in at one time but I'm sure once I develop a basic set of tools

ill start spotting more trends and patterns.. I've already figured out

from my cold streak that the same methods do not always work..

but it was unavoidable due to the fact that I only had one method ro

select my combos to play... I will always be ready to work hard 

to achieve better results and I appreciate immensely the work those

before me have done... 

Good of luck and thanks a bunch... 

"Bigrig"

Maine
                  United States
                  Member #99
                  January 27, 2002
                  1014 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2015, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Solid Tools ALX!!! Thanks for giving me some ideas...

im more than willing to Put in the time... It's a lot to

take in at one time but I'm sure once I develop a basic set of tools

ill start spotting more trends and patterns.. I've already figured out

from my cold streak that the same methods do not always work..

but it was unavoidable due to the fact that I only had one method ro

select my combos to play... I will always be ready to work hard 

to achieve better results and I appreciate immensely the work those

before me have done... 

Good of luck and thanks a bunch... 

"Bigrig"

You are very welcome. Sticking with known factors and keeping it simple and being consistent helps a lot. I hope you enjoy these tools.

Winning makes me smile.
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4878 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2015, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks ALX. I'm glad you brought up the mirrors, I hadn't thought about them in so long I almost forgot about them. LOL  Bigrig1972, this is something you could make up a chart for. Whether or not a mirror hit and which pair. If nothing else it would be a good learning tool to see how often the mirrors hit where you play. Sometimes I'll get an idea for something to track, make a chart and then find out it doesn't happen often enough to worry about. Other times, I'm like, I wish I thought of that years ago. LOL  If you were to track something and find it only happens 30% of the time, knowing it DOESN'T happen 70% can be useful info too.  Two things I like to track are sums and root sums. The sum itself and whether it is even or odd. And the root sum itself and whether it is even or odd.
                    Good  Luck!!!

Root sum 1 equals sums 1, 10, 19, 28
                                   2                   2, 11, 20, 29
                                   3                   3, 12, 21, 30
                                   4                   4, 13, 22, 31
                                   5                   5, 14, 23, 32
                                   6                   6, 15, 24, 33
                                   7                   7, 16, 25, 34
                                   8                   8, 17, 26, 35
                                   9                   9, 18, 27, 36
                                   0                   0000

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

rockport
                      United States
                      Member #165696
                      April 19, 2015
                      43 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2015, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks ALX. I'm glad you brought up the mirrors, I hadn't thought about them in so long I almost forgot about them. LOL  Bigrig1972, this is something you could make up a chart for. Whether or not a mirror hit and which pair. If nothing else it would be a good learning tool to see how often the mirrors hit where you play. Sometimes I'll get an idea for something to track, make a chart and then find out it doesn't happen often enough to worry about. Other times, I'm like, I wish I thought of that years ago. LOL  If you were to track something and find it only happens 30% of the time, knowing it DOESN'T happen 70% can be useful info too.  Two things I like to track are sums and root sums. The sum itself and whether it is even or odd. And the root sum itself and whether it is even or odd.
                      Good  Luck!!!

0                   0000

How does the sum of the numbers relate to the next drawing and or the previous drawing?

im a little miffed about the actual use of sums..

can you explain a little more about the terms..."Root sum"... 

If 2898 falls is it 2+8+9+8= 27 = 7 ?

or am I way off?

ive heard someone say date sum..

is that just the date ? 04/24= ?

can u hv me a couple examples? 

This is getting quite exciting!!!

im very greatful you guys are walking me thru a few basics..

i set up the charts like you suggested..

Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4878 Posts
                        Posted: April 25, 2015, 12:20 am - IP Logged

How does the sum of the numbers relate to the next drawing and or the previous drawing?

im a little miffed about the actual use of sums..

can you explain a little more about the terms..."Root sum"... 

If 2898 falls is it 2+8+9+8= 27 = 7 ?

or am I way off?

ive heard someone say date sum..

is that just the date ? 04/24= ?

can u hv me a couple examples? 

This is getting quite exciting!!!

im very greatful you guys are walking me thru a few basics..

i set up the charts like you suggested..

The  root sum is the sum reduced to one digit.

2898 is 2+8+9+8=27 sum is 27.  2+7=9 root sum is 9.  0128 is 0+1+2+8=11 sum is 11  1+1=2 root sum is 2

now if you used 2898 where 2+8+9+8=27 =7 then the 7 is your SLD sum last digit.

The date sums I don't know about, I don't use them.

Some people track the sums and will use all the #'s that pertain to a particular sum. I like the root sums (RS) better. It's easier to track 9 RS than 27 sums right? Some sums have more #'s than others and so are more likely to hit. There is a chart with them.
                        Here is the link with the thread for the sums chart. You can also click on lottery charts on the left for other charts
                        http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123723/488713 You'll have to type it in the search box, for some reason it's not turning blue so you can just click on it.

Winning makes me smile.
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90251
                          April 24, 2010
                          4878 Posts
                          Posted: April 25, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197649

Maine
                            United States
                            Member #99
                            January 27, 2002
                            1014 Posts
                            Posted: April 25, 2015, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Good  Luck!!!

0                   0000

The mirror pairs seem to hit about 50% (about every other game) but in MD they seem to hit 2 games in a row then take a couple of games off which is helpful. A mirror number from one of the previous game's four numbers hit about 80% of the time but knowing which one is the hard part.

Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4878 Posts
                              Posted: April 25, 2015, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

The mirror pairs seem to hit about 50% (about every other game) but in MD they seem to hit 2 games in a row then take a couple of games off which is helpful. A mirror number from one of the previous game's four numbers hit about 80% of the time but knowing which one is the hard part.

I think choosing the right mirror to hit today may be a bit of a judgment call based on which of the 4 mirrors would be most likely to hit today according to how each # is trending. (Hot or cold).  Which is I suppose, similar to what we might do with anything else. Decisions, decisions, decisions.  Thud