Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If There Were A Lottery School, Would You Take A Class?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How interested would you be in a lottery class?

Sign Me Up Now! [ 30 ]  [46.88%]
Maybe [ 15 ]  [23.44%]
I'll Pass [ 19 ]  [29.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 64 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3685 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2015, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I think we have to keep in mind that here at the LP we are a unique community but only a small fraction (unfortunately!!) of the real lottery players out there. I don't know about you guys but no matter where I go in my city I rarely meet lottery players. And when I do, I'll quiz them about do they even know what CA hot digits are and most have no clue! I am always trying to clue people in about the Lottery Post, which in itself, is THEE best-est lottery school :) So, yes, I suppose this may be the wrong place to even take a poll like this because to most of you the idea may be "boring" since you're already here...you're already "in the know". But there are tons of players who haven't a clue about what they're playing. 

Regarding meeting lottery players LL, your experience is the same as my experience.  I find that I have to contain my enthusiasm when speaking with other players, because like you, most of them are clueless.  Most players I meet play QP's, keep their fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Here's something that happened to me that is the reason why I have to tone it down a bit when I talk with other players. I recently became aware of a situation from reading a lottery newspaper that's published every other week here in New York.  They had a column that stated that the number 42 has never been drawn in the 90+ drawings of New York's Cash For Life game. I also read (in that very same column) that if a player played the 42 in every game until it eventually comes out, there's a 1 in 18,542 chance that they could win the second place prize of $1,000 dollars a week for life!  Pretty sweet odds to win a prize like that, wouldn't you agree?  The reason this is true is because a player need match only four more winning numbers drawn from a field of 59.

My thinking was that the players I knew would like to know about this particular situation.  So I started to tell people about it.  I was astonished at the reactions I got. Nobody, not one person, cared or was interested.  Do you know what I took away from that experience?  I came away from it thinking to myself that the people I spoke to probably thought to themselves that I've become a gambling addict.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  I'm very careful with how much I play the lottery simply because I'd NEVER want to become addicted to gambling.  (or anything else for that matter!) 

It's here that I find others like me that aspire to know more.  I've learned a lot from other people that use this website, and I'm sure I'll continue to do that.  If nothing else from my lottery playing, I can say I LEARNED something that I never knew before, and that's certainly a good thing.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19815 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2015, 1:33 am - IP Logged

The entire premise was based on the reader picking 10, 15, 18, or 20 numbers, wheeling them and hopefully one of those lines would match five or six numbers. What isn't said is 5 of your 15 can be drawn and we'll only get the wheel guarantee. That 3 if 5 of 15 numbers wheel with 13 lines worked like a champ; 13 lines and one line matched 3 numbers.

Bet $13 to cash for $10!  Party

That's almost 80% return which is a lot better than the 10-20% I usually average.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2015, 9:13 am - IP Logged

That's almost 80% return which is a lot better than the 10-20% I usually average.

I never though about it before I used the 15 number wheel, but it had to match 5 numbers to guarantee one three number match. Costs a little more, but a 3 if 4 wheel could net 1 or 2 extra three number matches when the five numbers are matched.

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
        Baltimore, MD
        United States
        Member #143332
        May 30, 2013
        398 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2015, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

If everybody who played the lottery had a high winning percentage, the lottery would either end or change it's matrix to make it much more harder, because it couldn't sustain itself financially. So if there was a lottery class and the students learned how to truly play the lottery, they would only able to reap the rewards of their education for a very short period of time.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19815 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2015, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I never though about it before I used the 15 number wheel, but it had to match 5 numbers to guarantee one three number match. Costs a little more, but a 3 if 4 wheel could net 1 or 2 extra three number matches when the five numbers are matched.

True, but would having all 5 numbers in the wheel guarantee a better than 80% return?  Or would it just offer more opportunities to match 5?

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19815 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

If everybody who played the lottery had a high winning percentage, the lottery would either end or change it's matrix to make it much more harder, because it couldn't sustain itself financially. So if there was a lottery class and the students learned how to truly play the lottery, they would only able to reap the rewards of their education for a very short period of time.

You assume companies that come up with lottery games don't already know what the people taking these classes will learn.  States are using the same payout structures today that they used in their pick3 and pick4 games when they first started because players in all these years haven't learned anything that threaten these games survival.  Schemes designed to beat the odds of lottery games usually require more money than their average players are willing to spent and even then the lotteries end up making money over time.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2015, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

True, but would having all 5 numbers in the wheel guarantee a better than 80% return?  Or would it just offer more opportunities to match 5?

The odds on the 3 if 5 of 15 wheel is 13 chances in 3003 or about 0.43%. Because only one line can match three or more numbers, it's probably a 1 in 2990 chance. 

We can get much better odds using a 4 if 4 wheel because by matching 5 numbers there ar more 4 number matches. And it's also better odds because of the obvious, more lines.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5113 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2015, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

If they ever offered a class like this. I want a front row seat so I don't miss a thing. Sign me up!!!

I Agree!

Sign me up>>>>>>>look's like there is enough to fill (26) a one room schoolhouse. Psyko could sit back of D gull's and pull their pigtails and put frogs in their coat

pockets.  Maby some could shoot spit-balls at D instructor (teacher).  Oh yea-ah.......water down D ink well and dust D erasers  4-Todd.  Wow......sounds like fun and

money 2-me.  Why not turn this thing into a reality show 4 D fall season.  Let's call it......The Red and Green Schoohouse for Lottery Post Metro>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

PartyDanceParty

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                  Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2015, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

The odds on the 3 if 5 of 15 wheel is 13 chances in 3003 or about 0.43%. Because only one line can match three or more numbers, it's probably a 1 in 2990 chance. 

We can get much better odds using a 4 if 4 wheel because by matching 5 numbers there ar more 4 number matches. And it's also better odds because of the obvious, more lines.

Try this one: positional pick 5.

Wheels are mostly mathematically sabotaged. The numbers don't come all in one line. If you can perfect the matching, you can reach jackpots.

A 4 if 4 is mathematically denser than a 3 if 5. Going positional you score even better if you can decide for a successful key number.

A small simple example with one key and 5if5 is sure if you don't miss the key number. In the other case you still get multiple 4/5 if 5 are in the 7 numbers. I also have a wheeler for pick 5 + 1 bonus number. It is all about correct picking and correct spreading.

1. 01-02-03-04-05
                  2. 01-02-03-04-06
                  3. 01-02-03-04-07
                  4. 01-02-03-05-06
                  5. 01-02-03-05-07
                  6. 01-02-03-06-07
                  7. 01-02-04-05-06
                  8. 01-02-04-05-07
                  9. 01-02-04-06-07
                  10. 01-02-05-06-07
                  11. 01-03-04-05-06
                  12. 01-03-04-05-07
                  13. 01-03-04-06-07
                  14. 01-03-05-06-07
                  15. 01-04-05-06-07

Using positions the amount of ways to combine numbers is huge. ...

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5113 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

SM:

We need more instructors (teacher) in D classroom like U>>>>>>>>>>>>Thank you for serving as the first unpaid guest instructor for the LP Schoolhouse.

PartyDanceParty

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2015, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Until larger jackpot winners came from "the school" with a legit track record. I think I will stay with the current method of QP's and Chosen's

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way