Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Substitution Works - Mega Balls

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 2 years ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2015, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I don't play Mega Millions - too many Decades (8), too many numbers (75) to track via
my Substitution w/Gap strategy workout.
I'm having some success 'guessing' what the next Bonus Ball will be in the Texas Two-Step
game. Therefore, I think the same workout will work for the Mega Ball.
So, just for the heck of it, I generated a set of tracking charts that reflect where the 15
Mega balls have been, since Jan. 2015, and where they might be headed.
If I'm interpreting the trend line in what I call the 'Star Chart', and other tracking charts, correctly, the Mega Ball
for the next Mega Millions drawing, May22, could be one of four possibilities - 1, 2, 3, or 4.
The Star Chart presents a trend line that forms numerous patterns, in lieu of numerical
combinations, when a  'dot' activated by other charts moves across a piece of graph paper.
The trend line for the four Mega Ball possibilities just completed a 'Left 3-point Diagonal.' and is moving along a path that will form a 'Right 4-point Diagonal.'
The '3-point' reference means the line moved three consecutive graph columns, whereas the 4-point means the line has crossed three consecutive graph columns. If it continues, it will complete the 'right diagonal' on the Mega Ball #1 line.
I have to point out that 4-point diagonals, in either direction, are not frequent.
But, these are fresh charts and there are not many examples to consider, as there are with the
Two-Step charts having four lines.
Mega Ball #1 has missed 26 consecutive opportunities, and is, in some workouts, a 'cold' prospect.
But, you never know.
Mega Ball #2 would make a good second choice, if my reading of the 'tea leaves' is correct.
There are other possible patterns, such as right and left steps, tea and table spoons, up and down bowls, letters M and W, to name a few, or no discernible pattern.
One more comment regarding the 'Star Chart'.
Some folks can evaluate a line of data and intuitively know what the what next item will be.
In my book, a person who can make the right choice on a relatively consistent basis is
a "Lotto Star."
As an aside, this analysis does not, repeat, does not involve 'odds', mathematical formulae or other of the popular methods used in traditional workouts.
Use at your own risk!!!

San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2015, 8:26 am - IP Logged

I'm sorry to report that I have discovered a significant error in my newly-minted Mega
    Ball workout.
    The fix has changed all of the trend lines I use to choose (guess) what the next Mega Ball could be.
    My analysis of the revised tracking charts indicates that the Mega Ball for the May 22 drawing could be 5,6,7 or 8, rather than 1,2,3 or 4.
    The movement of the 'dot' on the 'Star Chart' for this set of digits does not generate
    a recognizable pattern, such as a diagonal, step, spoon, bowl or other configuration.
    The individual trend lines for the digits shows that MB #8 has missed 8 consecutive opportunities and is, therefore, a 'cold' prospect.
    I don't play Mega Millions, but if I did, I would choose MB #6.
    Hope I didn't rain on any parades.
    Again, use at your own risk.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5615 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2015, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Frankly, if I'm not playing a QP. which I do most often, I will choose the mega ball(s) that has been drawn most often, and sometimes also play the number that was last drawn. It's not uncommon for the mega ball to repeat.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2015, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Frankly, if I'm not playing a QP. which I do most often, I will choose the mega ball(s) that has been drawn most often, and sometimes also play the number that was last drawn. It's not uncommon for the mega ball to repeat.

Thanks for your interest!
        One thing I've learned for sure is that there is a major conflict between substitution and traditional workouts.
        If I apply your theory to my workout, MB #7 would be a good choice for today's Mega Million drawing.
        Of course, the difference is I'm evaluating the behavior of 4 specific digits since Jan. 2, as opposed to the 15 you are considering for a much
        longer period of time.
        Good luck with whatever choices you make.
        I'm spending my money on Cash 5/37.
        I have 9 combinations for tonight's drawing!

Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5615 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your interest!
          One thing I've learned for sure is that there is a major conflict between substitution and traditional workouts.
          If I apply your theory to my workout, MB #7 would be a good choice for today's Mega Million drawing.
          Of course, the difference is I'm evaluating the behavior of 4 specific digits since Jan. 2, as opposed to the 15 you are considering for a much
          longer period of time.
          Good luck with whatever choices you make.
          I'm spending my money on Cash 5/37.
          I have 9 combinations for tonight's drawing!

I dabbled in Cash 5 this month and did ok. Spent $15 and won back $10. I just can't get that enthused about that game. The jackpot is so crappy for the odds. What really bugs me is that they're gonna roll out this Triple Chance game with a $100,000 jackpot with a $2 ticket cost and high odds. They could make Cash 5 a $100,000 game, still keep the cost at a buck and keep the odds the same if they tweaked it. But.... all those idiots want to do is roll out game after game and charge $2.

Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5615 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Bobby, you're spending $9 on Cash 5, if you hit you'll win $16,000 to $18,000. If you put $5 straight on Daily 4, you have 1 in 10,000 odds of hitting $25,000, and it's not parimutuel.

The only thing is you can hit smaller prizes on Cash 5. On Daily 4, you either win, or lose.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2015, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I dabbled in Cash 5 this month and did ok. Spent $15 and won back $10. I just can't get that enthused about that game. The jackpot is so crappy for the odds. What really bugs me is that they're gonna roll out this Triple Chance game with a $100,000 jackpot with a $2 ticket cost and high odds. They could make Cash 5 a $100,000 game, still keep the cost at a buck and keep the odds the same if they tweaked it. But.... all those idiots want to do is roll out game after game and charge $2.

Sounds like they like doing things big in Texas especially when it comes to lottery ticket prices.  I was stationed at Fort Sam in the '60 and people there didn't seem to have any more money to spend than they did in Ohio but times must have changed since then.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2015, 1:59 am - IP Logged

I'm sorry to report that I have discovered a significant error in my newly-minted Mega
                Ball workout.
                The fix has changed all of the trend lines I use to choose (guess) what the next Mega Ball could be.
                My analysis of the revised tracking charts indicates that the Mega Ball for the May 22 drawing could be 5,6,7 or 8, rather than 1,2,3 or 4.
                The movement of the 'dot' on the 'Star Chart' for this set of digits does not generate
                a recognizable pattern, such as a diagonal, step, spoon, bowl or other configuration.
                The individual trend lines for the digits shows that MB #8 has missed 8 consecutive opportunities and is, therefore, a 'cold' prospect.
                I don't play Mega Millions, but if I did, I would choose MB #6.

Any time one uses the workouts of other members they are taking a risk.  Such information make interesting discussions but are seldom informative.

Evil Looking       

Brooklyn Cornel's avatar - yocco
                  Miami, FL
                  United States
                  Member #166393
                  May 18, 2015
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2015, 2:10 am - IP Logged

Usually I also don't play mega and powerball anymore. You are right about way too many combinations which generally lead to nowhere. So its just picks 3 or 4 for me and that too online. Triple eight and lottosignals are some places where I get solace these days.

San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2015, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Well, well, well!!
                    Beginner's luck??
                    Lucky shot??
                    Lotto Star??
                    Proof that a workout using the power of substitution can work??
                    Take your pick, or add other (good and/or bad) possibilities!!

I'm certain that the great mathematically-oriented folks here are thinking that
                    one partial win doesn't prove anything. Only consistent wins are worthy
                    of consideration!!

Fair enough!
                    Let's see what develops!

I've updated my tracking and trend charts and, if I'm reading the Star Chart and several trend lines correctly, the next Mega Ball, May 26, will be a 5,6,7 or 8.
                    Personally, I favor Mega Ball #7.
                    Time will tell!!

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Bobby, you're spending $9 on Cash 5, if you hit you'll win $16,000 to $18,000. If you put $5 straight on Daily 4, you have 1 in 10,000 odds of hitting $25,000, and it's not parimutuel.

The only thing is you can hit smaller prizes on Cash 5. On Daily 4, you either win, or lose.

Hi!
                      The TLC is going to replace current Cash 5 sometime next year!
                      Yes, it's going to be a $2 game.
                      Feds need to start printing more $2 bills!!!
                      I don't usually play more than 5 sets, but, I'm using the game to develop my substitution workout that can be used for ALL lottery games, except Keno.
                      The workout, which is essentially complete, requires I select 3 numbers from each of the 4 decades - 12 total numbers.
                      I usually distribute the numbers evenly using some base alpha signatures.
                      I decided to use a free wheel last night to test a new discovery.
                      Won $4. Not bad considering the winning combo has 2 decades.
                      I won $2700 in Daily 4 once last year.
                      I'm not having much luck at Pick 3, probably because of a flaw in the workout.
                      I won $585 in Cash 5 last year, so, I'm still ahead in that game.
                      I can't play Mega Millions because I would have to wheel 24 numbers. Can't afford that level of play!!
                      Powerball is also out of my reach.
                      I'm winning often enough to make all the work worthwhile!!
                      Good luck with the games you play.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2015, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Megaball

Top 3 by frequency: 3 7 15, 49 times. 
                           The bottom 3's did less than half of that.

Followers: 5 followed by 14 happened 3 times.

Guess for next 2 drawings: 1-6-7.

/* I just missed a €>3000 payout because I didn't use the prepared numbers, I forgot to play them. */

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          Romulus,MI
                          United States
                          Member #142372
                          May 10, 2013
                          2355 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2015, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Smile From the last 50 drawings #7 is top dawg followed by 3 then 4.

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                            Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2015, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

3 repeated 3 times, I believe.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2015, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Ohio has a 5/39 game with a starting jackpot of $100,000 which rolls until someone wins and its tickets are only a dollars and it seems to be doing fine.  I guess it all depends on what TLC think players can afford and then again it also what Texas's players are willing to pay.

Evil Looking