Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many tickets do you need to win the Lottery?

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 2 years ago by IceFizz.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #156369
June 16, 2014
570 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2015, 4:01 am - IP Logged

i think winning thousands "back" is a great thing. Darth, i have seen some in staten isld,ny and my jersey area, win (After spending much)

However,they were really just breaking "even." I am always "way up and don't spend much like that." I love it.

I just won again tonight literally(too many times to count here, but let's just say it's pick four again and the pick three, "same number, dozen + times." I was so happy,still can't sleep,this entire week has been win win win for me(same numbers too!)Hurray!

I'm so happy,as mi previous post,even this past week demonstrate how much i have been winning,with "certain numbers,for me,that are repeat wins,every other month it seem."I love it. Good luck to you too." I believe it's all just a matter of luck and one's timing as i have not spent"near"the cost you're quoting above and i still win."Night all.

Adios

homestead
    United States
    Member #158182
    August 14, 2014
    138 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2015, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

i think winning thousands "back" is a great thing. Darth, i have seen some in staten isld,ny and my jersey area, win (After spending much)

However,they were really just breaking "even." I am always "way up and don't spend much like that." I love it.

I just won again tonight literally(too many times to count here, but let's just say it's pick four again and the pick three, "same number, dozen + times." I was so happy,still can't sleep,this entire week has been win win win for me(same numbers too!)Hurray!

I'm so happy,as mi previous post,even this past week demonstrate how much i have been winning,with "certain numbers,for me,that are repeat wins,every other month it seem."I love it. Good luck to you too." I believe it's all just a matter of luck and one's timing as i have not spent"near"the cost you're quoting above and i still win."Night all.

Adios

It is good to know that you win by playing Pick-3 and Pick-4. What is good about these games is if a person knows what they are doing they could almost match the starting prize amount offered by their respective state lotteries Pick-5 or Pick-6 games. Although they would have to wager a lot of money and be lucky that their numbers hit within a few days of playing.

I will say that William Harvey was very lucky to have taken a chance on buying $700 worth of Pick-4 lottery tickets with the same set of numbers on every ticket. This goes to show that if a person wants to win over $3 Million playing the lottery, then it might be in their favor to play the Pick-3 or Pick-4 games because the chances of winning are better than with the Pick-6 lottery games. Although, I do not think that there is anyone out there who would take a chance on wagering $700 on a Pick-4 lotto game, or ever $7K on a Pick-3 lotto game for that matter.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

l buy 2 MM tix per draw & 2 PB  tix per draw as well. Given the astronomical odds for both jackpots, buying more tixs is counter productive...imho.

***  But the Perfect answer is having the ONE Ticket with all the correct numbers.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1552 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2015, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Group HugPatriot

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I have seen people who I know go out and buy over $1K worth of Lottery tickets. Some have won no more than $3000 in total. But here is a story of a man who bought $700 worth of lotto tickets with the same numbers to win over $3.5 Million. It takes a big risk to come out ahead.

Persistants pays off

I just bet $10 ($7 straight and $3 box) on a pick-4 number, but not in the same ballpark with William Harvey, His was a one time bet that paid off and the only real difference between his bet and mine is the amount wagered.

"It takes a big risk to come out ahead"

Harvey wagered what he thought he could afford and probably not a big risk at all. I can easily afford to wager $10 and while I can't win $3.5 million on this wager $36,200 ain't bad.

homestead
            United States
            Member #158182
            August 14, 2014
            138 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2015, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I just bet $10 ($7 straight and $3 box) on a pick-4 number, but not in the same ballpark with William Harvey, His was a one time bet that paid off and the only real difference between his bet and mine is the amount wagered.

"It takes a big risk to come out ahead"

Harvey wagered what he thought he could afford and probably not a big risk at all. I can easily afford to wager $10 and while I can't win $3.5 million on this wager $36,200 ain't bad.

I am glad to see that your strategy is working out well for you...

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2015, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

I am glad to see that your strategy is working out well for you...

The odds are 9999 - 1 regardless how many $1 pick-4 bets are made. It takes 25,889 MM tickets to 10,000 to 1 odds and 17,522 or $35,044 worth of PB tickets. There are several LP members who said they occasionally purchase 20 or more straight pick-3 and pick-4 tickets.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                Member #165244
                March 30, 2015
                229 Posts
                Posted: June 4, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Far as I know you only need one winning ticket

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7344 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

You're correct, but only one MM winning ticket out of 10,720 will match 3 + 1 and those odds are slightly higher than the odds against any straight pick-4 number. It difficult enough beating those odds and when I do beat those odds, I want to play a game where I can collect more than $50.

How do plain on avoiding purchasing one of 10,719 losing tickets trying to win $49?

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #165541
                    April 12, 2015
                    554 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2015, 2:35 am - IP Logged

You're correct, but only one MM winning ticket out of 10,720 will match 3 + 1 and those odds are slightly higher than the odds against any straight pick-4 number. It difficult enough beating those odds and when I do beat those odds, I want to play a game where I can collect more than $50.

How do plain on avoiding purchasing one of 10,719 losing tickets trying to win $49?

I think once you start worrying about purchasing one of 10,719,  losing tickets you are on a slippery slope.

There is a thing called LOA. (law of attraction)

I like that number perhaps for the pick 4 

To boldly go wher no man has gone before.

homestead
                      United States
                      Member #158182
                      August 14, 2014
                      138 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2015, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

It's funny that recently, I marked a MM lottery card with the numbers:

2-22-23-43-45 +12 

My mom played those numbers for the recent drawing and got 3 matching numbers plus the Megaball. Had she put in 9 and 11 in place of 43 and 45, she might have won half of the jackpot. Then again, I marked that card more than 6 months ago and gave up playing MM by that time.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7344 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I think once you start worrying about purchasing one of 10,719,  losing tickets you are on a slippery slope.

There is a thing called LOA. (law of attraction)

I like that number perhaps for the pick 4 

To boldly go wher no man has gone before.

It's not about worrying about not winning but knowing what one should expect to win by purchasing more tickets and then decide how many tickets are necessary. Buying 15 MM tickets can guarantee one of those tickets "wins" if all 15 bonus numbers are used and the odds of one ticket winning the $50 prize is now slightly better at 766 to 1. The odds of winning the jackpot is now a much better 18,492,204 to 1.

While it's true it only took one ticket to win the last MM jackpot, it was one out 47,993,444 tickets purchased. The real slippery slope is expecting to purchase that one ticket out 10,720 that wins $50 when other lottery games pay much more with less odds against for the same price.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                          Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: June 6, 2015, 9:20 am - IP Logged

There is a story online about this plumber from Staten Island NY who bought only 1 line and won Power Ball jackpot in March 2015. There is a picture of the enlarged ticket included. 

That money's gone fo ever

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            569 Posts
                            Posted: June 6, 2015, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Michael Duncan told officials he was not a regular Lottery player, and had not originally planned to play that day. But when he stopped by Rocky Top Market, 1811 Roane Street, to quench his thirst, he saw a Tennessee Lottery sign and decided he would give it a shot. He purchased a single ticket, selected numbers based on family members' ages … and the rest is history.     03/21/2015 PB winner

JBounds's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #164740
                              March 13, 2015
                              108 Posts
                              Posted: June 6, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't play MM OR PB. I don't need that amount of money. Yes, I'd give pretty much all of it away if I won it.

I only play Missouri Show Me Cash and Mo Lotto. Plus pick 3&4 here and there.  I play three lines one night a week for Show Me Cash when it gets up over a 100K.  I play Mo Lotto Twice a week with two lines but only cause it gives a you a free line. 

I don't spend alot and some day I may win, or I may never win but I gotta try at least.