Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scenario: Your Boss,BF/GF is riding your tail big time when suddenly. ..

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 2 years ago by TBIRD881.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4144 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2015, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

You win a $200 mil jackpot... what would be your next move?

My Move: Call in sick. Others can comment on the GF / BF thingy: Since I already turned pro. 

****For Entertainment Only.  Have a Great upcoming weekend People & Stay Healthy.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1130 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2015, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I handle millions of dollars on a daily basis and am crucial to day to day operations at work, so I probably would not call in sick. That would tip everyone off because I am too reliable LOL

I think I would 'ease into' making plans for claiming etc. Would probably open a safe deposit box right away, make copies of everything etc. I do not want to claim the cash and not have a plan. As soon as the dough hits my bank account I would want to know exactly when and what it will be used for.

I actually don't think I would quit my job, or even tell anybody about the win. As stressful as work (and bosses) can be sometimes, I enjoy the challenge. And it would almost be like an undercover boss experience for me; someone puts me down and I give a royal F-you.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #165244
      March 30, 2015
      229 Posts
      Posted: June 4, 2015, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh...I would call into work using the rest of my sick days. Then go in and quit!  Wouldnt give a reason except to say I'm able to explore more opportunities in my life at this point.  Or something like that.  Though I would be nervous about quitting before actually confirming my winnings...

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4144 Posts
        Posted: June 4, 2015, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I handle millions of dollars on a daily basis and am crucial to day to day operations at work, so I probably would not call in sick. That would tip everyone off because I am too reliable LOL

I think I would 'ease into' making plans for claiming etc. Would probably open a safe deposit box right away, make copies of everything etc. I do not want to claim the cash and not have a plan. As soon as the dough hits my bank account I would want to know exactly when and what it will be used for.

I actually don't think I would quit my job, or even tell anybody about the win. As stressful as work (and bosses) can be sometimes, I enjoy the challenge. And it would almost be like an undercover boss experience for me; someone puts me down and I give a royal F-you.

Thanks for the opportunity of allowing the Forum to glance into your work regimen- pretty impressive l must add.l and most people do not handle millions of dollars on a daily basis so our situation is very different. But given a choice- l would rather handle millions of dollars that were mine than millions that just passed through my fingers LM.

** " The King was in his counting house counting out .."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4144 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2015, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh...I would call into work using the rest of my sick days. Then go in and quit!  Wouldnt give a reason except to say I'm able to explore more opportunities in my life at this point.  Or something like that.  Though I would be nervous about quitting before actually confirming my winnings...

I Agree!..If confirmed: quitting never felt so good.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1130 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2015, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the opportunity of allowing the Forum to glance into your work regimen- pretty impressive l must add.l and most people do not handle millions of dollars on a daily basis so our situation is very different. But given a choice- l would rather handle millions of dollars that were mine than millions that just passed through my fingers LM.

** " The King was in his counting house counting out .."

"But given a choice- l would rather handle millions of dollars that were mine than millions that just passed through my fingers LM."

I Agree! All meaningless just numbers on a screen unless you can actually see your name on it, spend it, and withdraw it from the ATM Wink

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4144 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2015, 1:58 am - IP Logged

l would love to experience handling that amount of money much as l would like feeling this water just wash over me...Its so surreal.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2015, 4:05 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't quit my job right away, but I would give my 2 weeks notice. I like everyone that I work with and when someone up and quits at my job, it screws everyone else over and makes more work for them.

During that 2 weeks, I can deal with my new found wealth and figure out what I'm going to do. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162434
                  January 2, 2015
                  939 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2015, 5:11 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't quit my job right away, but I would give my 2 weeks notice. I like everyone that I work with and when someone up and quits at my job, it screws everyone else over and makes more work for them.

During that 2 weeks, I can deal with my new found wealth and figure out what I'm going to do. Smile

Your very lucky if you can pull that off. Often the 'worst' in people come out when they know you have a lot of money.  Even the nicest of people turn bad when they think they are 'owed' or 'due' something.  I have seen this happen MANY times and would not give them the opportunity.  I would say goodby on good terms.  Remember your life would be changed while theirs would be the same and that creates the animosity.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                    Member #165244
                    March 30, 2015
                    229 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2015, 5:58 am - IP Logged

Your very lucky if you can pull that off. Often the 'worst' in people come out when they know you have a lot of money.  Even the nicest of people turn bad when they think they are 'owed' or 'due' something.  I have seen this happen MANY times and would not give them the opportunity.  I would say goodby on good terms.  Remember your life would be changed while theirs would be the same and that creates the animosity.

So agree with this.  I know someone who was being "harassed" constantly over a 3 million dollar win.  Co-workers friends family etc, all from different directions.  And when he said no, the ugliness came out.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      51029 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2015, 7:45 am - IP Logged

My Move: Call in sick. Others can comment on the GF / BF thingy: Since I already turned pro. 

****For Entertainment Only.  Have a Great upcoming weekend People & Stay Healthy.

Make Plans to Collect my Winnings!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        41926 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2015, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Laughing all the way to the bank helps you to forget the little annoyances. Green laugh

HyperBe Happy.

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4144 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2015, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Point Taken TSC- However l  have yet to read of any jackpot winner" giving two weeks notice" after bagging a sizeable jackpot.The $170 mil MM winner last year from Socal threw in the work towel the following day, as did that project Mgr from Minn who was part of a 3 way split jackpot . As they say" Money changes things- especially work plans"..

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4144 Posts
                            Posted: June 5, 2015, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Laughing all the way to the bank helps you to forget the little annoyances. Green laugh

Exactly. ..

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                              Cordova,Al.
                              United States
                              Member #104482
                              January 15, 2011
                              5367 Posts
                              Posted: June 5, 2015, 10:28 am - IP Logged

My next move will be order a moving company, that go cross country. I'll claim the prize on my way out of town Green laugh.