Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scenario: Your Boss,BF/GF is riding your tail big time when suddenly. ..

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 1 year ago by TBIRD881.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Arizona
United States
Member #165073
March 24, 2015
220 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2015, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Your very lucky if you can pull that off. Often the 'worst' in people come out when they know you have a lot of money.  Even the nicest of people turn bad when they think they are 'owed' or 'due' something.  I have seen this happen MANY times and would not give them the opportunity.  I would say goodby on good terms.  Remember your life would be changed while theirs would be the same and that creates the animosity.

That's why you time things so they don't find out you won until after you've left.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4104 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

My next move will be order a moving company, that go cross country. I'll claim the prize on my way out of town Green laugh.

As the British like to say "  Brilliant ".

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4104 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2015, 11:06 am - IP Logged

That's why you time things so they don't find out you won until after you've left.

Once again.." Brilliant."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4104 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2015, 11:15 am - IP Logged

l recall reading an account of a lottery winner a few years back who said that when her Co workers found out she had won, they would often invite her along for lunch/ dinner- order up all kinds of good stuff and leave the bill for her to pay, she said she quit going out with them.Another coworker gave her this sad story about her house being in foreclosure and just to give herself peace of mind, she did her own detective work and found out that the house was paid off.When she confronted her " friend"..The response was something like " You couldn't take my word for it,  you had to go spy on me?" She quit her job and doesn't keep in contact with them anymore or perhaps to a lesser degree than before.Sad but true.l think she also said that she budgets pretty well and even buys stuff at Thrift Stores. I " think" she walked away with under $10 mil after taxes.Anyone else remember this account? 

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3854 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

l recall reading an account of a lottery winner a few years back who said that when her Co workers found out she had won, they would often invite her along for lunch/ dinner- order up all kinds of good stuff and leave the bill for her to pay, she said she quit going out with them.Another coworker gave her this sad story about her house being in foreclosure and just to give herself peace of mind, she did her own detective work and found out that the house was paid off.When she confronted her " friend"..The response was something like " You couldn't take my word for it,  you had to go spy on me?" She quit her job and doesn't keep in contact with them anymore or perhaps to a lesser degree than before.Sad but true.l think she also said that she budgets pretty well and even buys stuff at Thrift Stores. I " think" she walked away with under $10 mil after taxes.Anyone else remember this account? 

Yea, I do kinda remember the phony foreclosure story.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1509 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2015, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Sandra Hayes from Missouri . possibly from St. Louis,MO

Paul White from Hamm Lake, Minnisotta

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              699 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

That's kind of my situation now with work. I'm being asked to do things I don't agree with or can't be done and it's really getting to me. I've been in my current job for 10 years and department 14 years, while my manager was hired from the outside with little experience in what we do, has only been there a couple of years, and is running our department into the ground.

I'd probably call in sick so I can start planning my exit. I'd arrange for the money to be claimed in the most private manner possible according to my state's laws, make a financial plan for the money and after it's claimed and my income starts coming in, I'd probably wait a little while until the excitement dies down, then give my notice. What I'd probably do after I leave is take some time off to do what I want to do, then start volunteering a few times a week, so I can have "work" to go to everyday so I'll still feel productive.

I've been trying to get out of my job for a while now and so far, not much luck snagging interviews. It was once a great place to work but with the change in management, it has all gone downhill.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #165541
                April 12, 2015
                541 Posts
                Posted: June 6, 2015, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

You win a $200 mil jackpot... what would be your next move?

My Move: Call in sick. Others can comment on the GF / BF thingy: Since I already turned pro. 

****For Entertainment Only.  Have a Great upcoming weekend People & Stay Healthy.

I would buy my boss/gf bf thingy a nice going away present.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4104 Posts
                  Posted: June 6, 2015, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I would buy my boss/gf bf thingy a nice going away present.

Right- like a BMW each huh, Silverlion?

mrbg's avatar - NofVcy
                    Nashville,TN
                    United States
                    Member #79101
                    August 26, 2009
                    10965 Posts
                    Posted: June 6, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

GET THE HELL OUTTA DODGE!!!!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5591 Posts
                      Posted: June 7, 2015, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Man, I've thought about this on and off for a long time.

There are times, like yesterday, if I won a jackpot, I would be gone from my job so fast I wouldn't even bother to say bye. I like the people I work with, it's the occasional idiotic customer that drives me insane.

But, the smart thing would be to bide my time, get my affairs in order, and make a graceful exit, so no one would suspect I won.

Oh well, back to reality. Gotta win it first.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4104 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2015, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

That's kind of my situation now with work. I'm being asked to do things I don't agree with or can't be done and it's really getting to me. I've been in my current job for 10 years and department 14 years, while my manager was hired from the outside with little experience in what we do, has only been there a couple of years, and is running our department into the ground.

I'd probably call in sick so I can start planning my exit. I'd arrange for the money to be claimed in the most private manner possible according to my state's laws, make a financial plan for the money and after it's claimed and my income starts coming in, I'd probably wait a little while until the excitement dies down, then give my notice. What I'd probably do after I leave is take some time off to do what I want to do, then start volunteering a few times a week, so I can have "work" to go to everyday so I'll still feel productive.

I've been trying to get out of my job for a while now and so far, not much luck snagging interviews. It was once a great place to work but with the change in management, it has all gone downhill.

Whoa- Sounds like you working in a Gulag Prisoner 6. But l know what you mean. Buddy of mine is in a similar situation. His new manager ran a candy factory & knows as much about computers as Gumby does about being a Jedi. Hope you win soon.

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4104 Posts
                          Posted: June 7, 2015, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Man, I've thought about this on and off for a long time.

There are times, like yesterday, if I won a jackpot, I would be gone from my job so fast I wouldn't even bother to say bye. I like the people I work with, it's the occasional idiotic customer that drives me insane.

But, the smart thing would be to bide my time, get my affairs in order, and make a graceful exit, so no one would suspect I won.

Oh well, back to reality. Gotta win it first.

Hoping you win it soon as well rcb. The old adage " Patience is a virtue" can wear thin, especially if you have been playing for a long time without winning some serious Crown.

* Hang in there. .

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #165541
                            April 12, 2015
                            541 Posts
                            Posted: June 7, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Right- like a BMW each huh, Silverlion?

I said a going away present.  Not an engagement gift.

Baton Rouge, LA
                              United States
                              Member #4602
                              May 7, 2004
                              699 Posts
                              Posted: June 7, 2015, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Whoa- Sounds like you working in a Gulag Prisoner 6. But l know what you mean. Buddy of mine is in a similar situation. His new manager ran a candy factory & knows as much about computers as Gumby does about being a Jedi. Hope you win soon.

Thanks for the good wishes. The whole office is becoming a total mess due to lack of leadership. I'm looking for either a win or another job, whichever comes first.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"