Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You have been in this Pool " forever" & decide you done- you walk away..

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maximumfun.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2015, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Never roll over any pool winnings. If you do, you are asking for trouble. Start each new pool fresh from the ground up. Thumbs Up

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1185 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2015, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

One draw after your exodus :The Pool wins BIG- The Problem we have is the following:

*You guys used to roll your previous winnings over & you convinced that part of that rollover money had your name on it.

*Do you go back to the group and try to work out something or forget about it all together.

*Or Lawyer up.

* For Entertainment Purposes Only.

****  Have a Great Week People:Above all else; Stay Healthy. 

I think it would depend on if the winning ticket was purchased using rollover funds from the previous drawing. 

Let's say I contributed to the pool for Tuesday's drawing and the pool won $100, but instead of the $100 being divvied up, the $100 is put towards buying tickets on Friday but on Friday I decide not to play anymore. If the pool then wins, could I not claim a share since my Tuesday winnings helped to pay for Friday's tickets?

Normally I would say that whenever a person leaves a pool all bets are off, but if the group leader used my share of the rollover to purchase the tickets, I think I should be given a share. Definitely not an equal share, but a share nonetheless.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2015, 3:57 am - IP Logged

One draw after your exodus :The Pool wins BIG- The Problem we have is the following:

*You guys used to roll your previous winnings over & you convinced that part of that rollover money had your name on it.

*Do you go back to the group and try to work out something or forget about it all together.

*Or Lawyer up.

* For Entertainment Purposes Only.

****  Have a Great Week People:Above all else; Stay Healthy. 

One draw after my exodus...  which means I left and it was known that I left.  For me that means that I grin (read that to mean grit my teeth) and congratulate my co-workers and never mention to my darling husband that I had even ever been a part of the winning group - because I just wouldn't want to hear him grumble for the next 38-odd years.  :)