Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How To Validate Or Discount Any System With The 'Bankroll' Litmus Test

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 1 year ago by garyo1954.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2015, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Okay, rather than go through all the rigmarole again with all the details, I'm simply going to refer those interested in this study back to the original link and test. This actually took place, coincidentally, about a year ago this same month. The test was to apply the total cost to run a set of combos for a given amount of days...in this case, (10) ten days. I opted to apply the least cost which was the 3-way boxed hit for the $80 payout. Anything more, in terms of additional hits, would simply be gravy and add to the money reserves to increase bets if desired. All the numbers are plugged in and there's no fudging in terms of not counting plays where either no money was made, or, there were losses involved. Pick3Guy and I simply took this deal on at face value and dealt with the outcomes.

Please read and learn for your own good regarding how to apply simple math to a given set of numbers.It'll help you determine what the total cost, losses, profit, or if there's breaking even over a specific amount of time for the numbers in question to be played at minimum cost. This test will not lie to you because numbers never lie...and I'm very, very, good with math. If there are any questions on proper application of this test, do not hesitate to PM me. I will help you to see what you really need to see because all these people with systems simply aren't being honest about what their systems are really doing. They pick and choose what they want to highlight and it's usually by 'back dating' combos and EXCLUDING THE TOTAL COST PRIOR TO A HIT IN QUESTION. The test starts on Page 8...enjoy!!

LINK: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276724/8

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1679 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who don't want to read all that, here's clift's notes:

"If you are spending more than you win, your system fails the Bankroll Litmus Test."

The End

Unless....

You enjoy playing and are not trying to make a living at Pick 3.

You play out of a change bucket, which is more or less coffee money that is laying around gathering dust. Yes, I have. I've actually, truly, and without guilt, bought lottery tickets with rolls of pennies, nickels and occasionally dimes. And sometimes gotten cash dollars back (mostly with a roll of dimes, easier than going to the bank too).

You play one of the major games that play hundreds of thousands or millions. Win one jackpot you forget the the Bankroll Litmus Test.

Whatever the case, any personal satisfaction derived from playing the lottery overrides and negates the Bankroll Litmus Test.

So feel free to play as much as you want, the way you want, when you want and brag as much as you want.

Now, don't you feel better about reading the short version rather that wading through pages of the negatives about how your system fails?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #18322
      July 9, 2005
      1704 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2015, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

"If you are spending more than you win, your system fails the Bankroll Litmus Test."

The End

Unless....

You play out of a change bucket, which is more or less coffee money that is laying around gathering dust. Yes, I have. I've actually, truly, and without guilt, bought lottery tickets with rolls of pennies, nickels and occasionally dimes. And sometimes gotten cash dollars back (mostly with a roll of dimes, easier than going to the bank too).

You play one of the major games that play hundreds of thousands or millions. Win one jackpot you forget the the Bankroll Litmus Test.

Whatever the case, any personal satisfaction derived from playing the lottery overrides and negates the Bankroll Litmus Test.

So feel free to play as much as you want, the way you want, when you want and brag as much as you want.

Now, don't you feel better about reading the short version rather that wading through pages of the negatives about how your system fails?

SHORT Cliff Notes .... Makes sense to me !

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
        Member #146028
        August 22, 2013
        842 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2015, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Okay, rather than go through all the rigmarole again with all the details, I'm simply going to refer those interested in this study back to the original link and test. This actually took place, coincidentally, about a year ago this same month. The test was to apply the total cost to run a set of combos for a given amount of days...in this case, (10) ten days. I opted to apply the least cost which was the 3-way boxed hit for the $80 payout. Anything more, in terms of additional hits, would simply be gravy and add to the money reserves to increase bets if desired. All the numbers are plugged in and there's no fudging in terms of not counting plays where either no money was made, or, there were losses involved. Pick3Guy and I simply took this deal on at face value and dealt with the outcomes.

Please read and learn for your own good regarding how to apply simple math to a given set of numbers.It'll help you determine what the total cost, losses, profit, or if there's breaking even over a specific amount of time for the numbers in question to be played at minimum cost. This test will not lie to you because numbers never lie...and I'm very, very, good with math. If there are any questions on proper application of this test, do not hesitate to PM me. I will help you to see what you really need to see because all these people with systems simply aren't being honest about what their systems are really doing. They pick and choose what they want to highlight and it's usually by 'back dating' combos and EXCLUDING THE TOTAL COST PRIOR TO A HIT IN QUESTION. The test starts on Page 8...enjoy!!

LINK: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/276724/8

Congratulations, LuckyLoser

This proposal brings back memories somewhat of lotterybraker's "Dash for Cash". A small degree of tweaking needs to be done to insure the validity of one's predicted numbers. I remember before Pick3 Guy taking a lot of credit for hits that he actually didn't pay for upfront and so have others (I won't mention any names). But please encourage lakerben and Miracle to join in the fun. I'm sure they each have a lot to contribute.

BTW: I'm in, wouldn't miss it !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1648 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2015, 10:58 am - IP Logged

The End

Unless....

Garyo, thanks for the Cliffs Notes. Listen, everyone understands the 'more in but less back' deal but, the idea here was showing how to plug in numbers specific to a set of combos in question to be played...or not played, it'll still shed light on the actual outcome in terms of finances. I agree with you about some people not caring about what they spend/lose and all...they just enjoy playing but, there are people here that do care and can also appreciate being able to apply a formula to anyone's claims if they're questionable. Sure, there's the predictions board here but, this test will teach players how to apply the minimum hit required for a given number of combos played over "X" amount of days/draws. For serious players that care about their money and trusting others' claims, I see it as very important. All these 'what if' and 'if they had played their combos a certain way', they won all this grand theft money. What about the in between time those same combos were just in limbo? Was that same amount of money being spent when those combos weren't hitting anything? But, all at once when something matches, they MAX OUT WHAT THEY WOULD'VE BET ON THOSE COMBOS? I don't buy it and if you feel that's so cool to be bragging about, then so be it.

As for the test itself, it wasn't pages of the negatives about anyone's system, in case you didn't read it. However, it WAS about people being negative and saying that there could be no efficiency in playing a set of good numbers strategically for the number of days in question...and it worked flawlessly...it turned profits. Coming up with numbers is the easy part of this game but, properly measuring what they're actually doing over time financially is the challenge. I like and want to help people in my own way with this, okay, as I'm pretty decent with numbers. You also seem to be decent with numbers, and at this time, I'd like to inject and focus on your most recent thread. But, it's not the numbers I'm concerned with in the thread. Rather, it's your morals and how you feel about people in general when it comes to these games and ways of doing things regarding them. Let's have a look....OR MAYBE YOU'D LIKE TO APPLY CLIFFS NOTES TO YOUR OWN THREAD LINK THIS TIME, huh.

LINK: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/290258/2

Now, you attack me for caring about people and their money and mock my thread but, I didn't do it to you in your thread. Your thread is two pages and I want to focus EXCLUSIVELY on YOUR PERSONAL next to last post. Here are my favorite excerpts:

1) That's the way I look at putting this stuff up.If someone sees a use, great. If they don't, no harm done. The last thing I would (hopefully) ever do (intentionally) is cause someone to lose a jackpot by swaying them to change what is working for them.

2) So, how anyone would use this depends on if it fits their scheme or their way of playing. But some people are like carpenters. Give a carpenter a hammer and he'll find a use for it.

3)  People have won before without knowing any of this, and I'm sure they will again.

4) *Maybe they'll find something to add to it.*

Garyo1954, please don't mess with me, okay...and no hard feelings. Good luck on your Texas 2 step project.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

backwoods ga
            United States
            Member #155844
            May 31, 2014
            1886 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Don't worry bout them Rookies.  Let them keep loosing. I need and the state need some bodies losses.  To pay the winners.  Folks stuck in their ways.  Let them be.

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1679 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2015, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Garyo, thanks for the Cliffs Notes. Listen, everyone understands the 'more in but less back' deal but, the idea here was showing how to plug in numbers specific to a set of combos in question to be played...or not played, it'll still shed light on the actual outcome in terms of finances. I agree with you about some people not caring about what they spend/lose and all...they just enjoy playing but, there are people here that do care and can also appreciate being able to apply a formula to anyone's claims if they're questionable. Sure, there's the predictions board here but, this test will teach players how to apply the minimum hit required for a given number of combos played over "X" amount of days/draws. For serious players that care about their money and trusting others' claims, I see it as very important. All these 'what if' and 'if they had played their combos a certain way', they won all this grand theft money. What about the in between time those same combos were just in limbo? Was that same amount of money being spent when those combos weren't hitting anything? But, all at once when something matches, they MAX OUT WHAT THEY WOULD'VE BET ON THOSE COMBOS? I don't buy it and if you feel that's so cool to be bragging about, then so be it.

As for the test itself, it wasn't pages of the negatives about anyone's system, in case you didn't read it. However, it WAS about people being negative and saying that there could be no efficiency in playing a set of good numbers strategically for the number of days in question...and it worked flawlessly...it turned profits. Coming up with numbers is the easy part of this game but, properly measuring what they're actually doing over time financially is the challenge. I like and want to help people in my own way with this, okay, as I'm pretty decent with numbers. You also seem to be decent with numbers, and at this time, I'd like to inject and focus on your most recent thread. But, it's not the numbers I'm concerned with in the thread. Rather, it's your morals and how you feel about people in general when it comes to these games and ways of doing things regarding them. Let's have a look....OR MAYBE YOU'D LIKE TO APPLY CLIFFS NOTES TO YOUR OWN THREAD LINK THIS TIME, huh.

LINK: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/290258/2

Now, you attack me for caring about people and their money and mock my thread but, I didn't do it to you in your thread. Your thread is two pages and I want to focus EXCLUSIVELY on YOUR PERSONAL next to last post. Here are my favorite excerpts:

1) That's the way I look at putting this stuff up.If someone sees a use, great. If they don't, no harm done. The last thing I would (hopefully) ever do (intentionally) is cause someone to lose a jackpot by swaying them to change what is working for them.

2) So, how anyone would use this depends on if it fits their scheme or their way of playing. But some people are like carpenters. Give a carpenter a hammer and he'll find a use for it.

3)  People have won before without knowing any of this, and I'm sure they will again.

4) *Maybe they'll find something to add to it.*

Garyo1954, please don't mess with me, okay...and no hard feelings. Good luck on your Texas 2 step project.

L.L.

Without reading your entire windbag approach to posting.....

1) There is nothing to add to, "If you are spending more than you win, you're a loser," which is what the title of this thread says. Certainly there NOTHING THAT REQUIRES TWO THREADS with copious amount of repeated text to say that.

2) The length of a thread has nothing to do with the pertinent amount of information in it. If I get a valid, clear point in one post, I have no use in making post after post after post, or thread after thread repeating, rehashing the same stuff. 

Let me give you a little insight. A few years back I spent hours data mining lottery files for others right here. All on my time. 

One particular poster needed something, so I wrote the program, gave him the data, which led to needing additional data. This went on several times until one Friday I spent no less than 18 hours rewriting, adding subs, reformatting the output, and everything in between.

I posted the link and read a couple of other posts before crashing.

It hasn't been 5 minutes, I notice he's responded. I suspect he's posted a thank you.

To my surprise his post, mind you he hasn't even had time to download and look at what I've sent, says, "Now we need to do this."

I closed it. I said, "Never again." Never replied. Won't even answer his PMs.

I still get requests. It bothers me to say no, but I do. That plays a big part into they way people respond to other posters.

Nothing personal. It is what it is. And no matter how many pages you post, it won't change.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
                From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
                United States
                Member #49750
                February 13, 2007
                439 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2015, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I concur with Garyo1954. If you play the lottery, you are going in full-well knowing you might lose more than you will win. I, for one, play for the thrill of it and the hope that I might win. The trick is to budget and spend what you can afford. If you think you have a gambling problem, immediately quit and seek help that is all. People need to stop whining about losing money blah blah. No one is holding a gun to your head and asking you to gamble, and quit preaching to us about it either. I am an adult, I do what I want!

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2015, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Without reading your entire windbag approach to posting.....

1) There is nothing to add to, "If you are spending more than you win, you're a loser," which is what the title of this thread says. Certainly there NOTHING THAT REQUIRES TWO THREADS with copious amount of repeated text to say that.

2) The length of a thread has nothing to do with the pertinent amount of information in it. If I get a valid, clear point in one post, I have no use in making post after post after post, or thread after thread repeating, rehashing the same stuff. 

Let me give you a little insight. A few years back I spent hours data mining lottery files for others right here. All on my time. 

One particular poster needed something, so I wrote the program, gave him the data, which led to needing additional data. This went on several times until one Friday I spent no less than 18 hours rewriting, adding subs, reformatting the output, and everything in between.

I posted the link and read a couple of other posts before crashing.

It hasn't been 5 minutes, I notice he's responded. I suspect he's posted a thank you.

To my surprise his post, mind you he hasn't even had time to download and look at what I've sent, says, "Now we need to do this."

I closed it. I said, "Never again." Never replied. Won't even answer his PMs.

I still get requests. It bothers me to say no, but I do. That plays a big part into they way people respond to other posters.

Nothing personal. It is what it is. And no matter how many pages you post, it won't change.

"One particular poster needed something, so I wrote the program, gave him the data, which led to needing additional data. This went on several times until one Friday I spent no less than 18 hours rewriting, adding subs, reformatting the output, and everything in between."

Don't feel like the only member ever taken advantage of, once you write a program for someone with no regards for your time or effort, they too have no regards for your time or effort.  They will continue to hound you to do even more and come with all kinds of foolish ideas for you to pursuit as if you had nothing better to do.

I once explained to a member how to use "find and replace" in note pad to exchange numbers in a wheel and he wrote back and asked how would he use note pad to eliminate combinations in the new wheel that had been in previous drawings.  He acted as though programming was as easy as learning to use note pad.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1679 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2015, 1:46 am - IP Logged

"One particular poster needed something, so I wrote the program, gave him the data, which led to needing additional data. This went on several times until one Friday I spent no less than 18 hours rewriting, adding subs, reformatting the output, and everything in between."

Don't feel like the only member ever taken advantage of, once you write a program for someone with no regards for your time or effort, they too have no regards for your time or effort.  They will continue to hound you to do even more and come with all kinds of foolish ideas for you to pursuit as if you had nothing better to do.

I once explained to a member how to use "find and replace" in note pad to exchange numbers in a wheel and he wrote back and asked how would he use note pad to eliminate combinations in the new wheel that had been in previous drawings.  He acted as though programming was as easy as learning to use note pad.

That's very true RJOH. I mention it here only to give the OP some insight as to why he has an 8 page thread and (oh my!) I only have 2 page thread. I've come to understand there are trolls here who care nothing for answers to their questions, their goal is to see how far others will go to meet their criteria.

Now Lucky Loser sounds like a person who is interested in helping people. And while I don't find it palatable to start a thread calling people losers, some do enjoy self flagellation.

To each his own.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      541 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2015, 1:55 am - IP Logged

My pick 3 bankroll is currently $20 bucks for the month LL.  Can you really help me to double it?  Of course its not really $20 bucks, probably around $40 bucks as I find quarters seem to multiply in my house, and I tend to spend them.

Just for the record LL, I mostly agree with everything you say 98%.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1648 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2015, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

That's very true RJOH. I mention it here only to give the OP some insight as to why he has an 8 page thread and (oh my!) I only have 2 page thread. I've come to understand there are trolls here who care nothing for answers to their questions, their goal is to see how far others will go to meet their criteria.

Now Lucky Loser sounds like a person who is interested in helping people. And while I don't find it palatable to start a thread calling people losers, some do enjoy self flagellation.

To each his own.

Gary, I wasn't mocking the idea of your two-page thread, okay. I was basically letting readers know that the thread was two pages and that what I wanted to highlight was on the second page. The things which I highlighted were also not meant to mock or portray you in a negative regarding people, either. Rather, I was actually showing how I was in the same boat with you in terms of how you felt about what your were trying to do for people. Make sense now? This thread wasn't designed to call people losers, it's meant to direct them to the alternate thread I included to give them a formula for measuring.

Also, that thread didn't belong to me...Pick3Guy was the OP and all I did was chime on the first few pages with onlymoney to establish basics for applying costs and recovery principles. Page 8 is where I actually got in with Pick3Guy to conduct an actual study/test and it was concluded on Page 11...so (4) pages of my input regarding the deal. I honestly did it to help folks but, I'm cool with you seeing that and my posts here are 'windbag-ish'. Honestly, Gary, you actually VALIDATED what I'm doing here with INFORMING PLAYERS WITH REAL WORLD NUMBERS AND TESTING RESULTS. That, as opposed to the following link provided showing how you were handing guys their gluteus-maximuses for NOT PROVIDING ANY REAL WORLD DATA OR TESTING...except Random Logic I believe. Your 3rd, 4th, and very last post all entail the idea of TESTING and PROVING THEORIES WITH NUMBERS PLUGGED IN...and that's what I referred folks to in my original link...TESTING FOR PROOF.

Here's the thread in question...it's from 2011:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/228321

I hope it's not too much asking you to read your own posts...seriously.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                          Member #110594
                          May 8, 2011
                          885 Posts
                          Posted: June 24, 2015, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

My pick 3 bankroll is currently $20 bucks for the month LL.  Can you really help me to double it?  Of course its not really $20 bucks, probably around $40 bucks as I find quarters seem to multiply in my house, and I tend to spend them.

Want to double it guaranteed?

Fold it in half....Green laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19824 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2015, 4:22 am - IP Logged

If your claim of having the "best system ever" made in another thread is true then you're probably doing as well as can be expected already.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2015, 9:21 am - IP Logged

If your claim of having the "best system ever" made in another thread is true then you're probably doing as well as can be expected already.

The thing about it, RJOh, is that the profit turned (if any) while applying this method will be the same every time so long as the player doesn't change their combo count or the amount wagered. With a good list of combos started at the right time, and, with cooperation from the draws, a player can actually double their money. Building up the bankroll affords the player to eventually start progressive betting i.e. doubling their cost while also doubling profits. Likewise, double the amount is lost in the event of not matching anything. The math simply shows a player just how much of the state's money they're playing with at any given time...which is the objective. Allow the state to do the heavy lifting and absorb any losses as much a possible.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living