Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MATH 5/39: Stack47, Garyo1954, RL-RANDOMLOGIC VS Jimmy4164

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged
I think the best way to solve the problem of interference in our Topics is to establish a sanctuary, so to speak, for discussion of our areas of disagreement.  It's easy enough to reference whatever posting we feel a need to question, leaving the original poster's Topic intact.

So, for starters, here we go!

We established quite a while ago that unless you win a Jackpot in the Missouri Show-Me-5 buying QuickPicks, on average, you will end up losing about 72 ¢ for every $1 ticket you buy. ( 1 )

RL-RANDOMLOGIC has graciously given us a summary of his annual winnings, averaged over many years. ( 2 )
RL said, "For the record, I win between $500.00 to $1000.00 per year more then I spend.  I play between 25 and 35 times a year and play between 8 and 15 lines."  What this averages out to is approximately $360/Yr spent on tickets with a spectacular average annual return of $1110/Yr, for about a 300% gain overall.
Which brings us to garyo1954's latest reply to RL, when RL announced he would like to establish a new Digit Thread: ( 3 )
Gary said, "RL, I would very much like to see you do that. I was getting a valuable lesson seeing what you do. I have a ton of notes, some of which I implemented into a program in an effort to replicate what you are doing. There is still much more to do and with no new information, I'm doing the best I can.  Jimmy? He's okay. His rants are underwhelming.  So do it! Let's get this ship moving."

The above facts tell us two things.  One, the average QuickPick player who spends $360 per year in the MO-SM-5, and does not hit the Jackpot, WINS about $100 per year(losing $260).  Two, when RL-RANDOMLOGIC spends $360 on tickets, he WINS $1110!  Now, my calculator tells me that 1110/100 equals 11.1, which means that RL has a selection system which allows him to outperform QuickPick players by a factor of  ELEVEN to ONE!!!

With this in mind, I have 2 questions for Gary, with special reference to "Let's get this ship moving."

1) WHERE would you like "this ship" to take you?

2) WHY would you want to leave port?

You have a system functioning right now that performs at a phenomenal, stupendous, might I suggest "unbelievable" rate!  Why would you spend one more MINUTE trying to improve on what you have, rather than go out and make a killing?

--Jimmy4164
P.S.  Gary, rather than be true to form, I really hope you apply some of that intelligence that glimmers in your sarcasm to the facts presented here.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3962 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2011, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

We established quite a while ago that unless you win a Jackpot in the Missouri Show-Me-5 buying QuickPicks, on average, you will end up losing about 72 ¢ for every $1 ticket you buy. ( 1 )

Who do you consider "WE" in the statement above, I know you are counting (you) and just wanted to

know who the others are.  The only thing you have done is just repeat the statitics for a 5-39

game provided it is "sufficiently random"

Wake up, the calculations you use are as common as air but rely on randomness.   Remove some of 

the randomness and the calculations fail.  Your on your own as I will no longer waste my time with

someone I think is as dumb as a box of rocks.  Up until Garyo made his last post I was unaware that

he was interested in the digit system.  All the members are working on it outside of LP because of you.

I will be glad to add Gary to the list and provide him the information without your interruptions and 

regurgitated  remarks.

PS. Bets are now being accepted

RL

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2011, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Also I wanted to add that as far as I know Stack is not using the digit system.  All of your

assmptions are incorrect again.  I think, like me he just does not like you, simple as that. 

RL

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2011, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

RL:  I never heard of your digit system until a few days ago.  I've gleaned what I could from your posts and done some low-level playing with the concept since then.  I used what I understand of it, along with some ideas I got from LottoLaughs thread on the Pick 5 Forum to post a few predictions on the prediction board to see how it runs.

I hope you'll go ahead with the new thread you said you might post about it.  I'd like to understand it better.

A separate thread for all the drama might be a good idea.  I'd be content not reading it.

Thanks

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2011, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

Who do you consider "WE" in the statement above, I know you are counting (you) and just wanted to

know who the others are.  The only thing you have done is just repeat the statitics for a 5-39

Wake up, the calculations you use are as common as air but rely on randomness.   Remove some of 

the randomness and the calculations fail.  Your on your own as I will no longer waste my time with

someone I think is as dumb as a box of rocks.  Up until Garyo made his last post I was unaware that

he was interested in the digit system.  All the members are working on it outside of LP because of you.

I will be glad to add Gary to the list and provide him the information without your interruptions and 

regurgitated  remarks.

RL

RL says, "Wake up, the calculations you use are as common as air but rely on randomness.   Remove some of 

the randomness and the calculations fail."

RL-RANDOMLOGIC:  Anyone reading this can see that you are evading the real issues.

Would you please tell us what the average Missouri QuickPick player is averaging in terms of ROI,

since you apparently think they are not averaging 28 Cents on the Dollar (without a Jackpot)?

I'm really curious about your opinion.  Do you believe they are doing better or worse than expected?

I'm sure you have all the data necessary to tell us in your database.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1665 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2011, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Hola Compadre Jimboo-boo!!!!

Fixed the tire today. Mowed. Don't know where the ship is going Jimmy, but when my doctor put me on prune juice, I told him I was still going to have pineapples. That's all anybody really wants to know about my system. Trust me.

Spent some time with my neighbors this evening. They are both nurses. At least that is their story. He's a psych nurse. I think she may be his patient. They told me once Alzheimers patients sometimes forget to live!!!! Lost my wife, they say she had Alzheimers.

You got us a new thread. The other one was getting too long. Too much work to read 5 pages everytime I opened it. Glad to see it. Hope you get your Monte Carlo running so you can post that too.

Due to Parkinsons, my wife couldn't put her makeup on properly. Looked like a clown. So one afternoon I got the airbrush, made her clown face. Took her to the carnival, gave her a handful of balloons. Left her on midway. Saddest thing I ever saw.

She sold three balloons before I could get away!!!!!

Three days later, when she still hadn't come home, I realized they were right. She did have Alzheimers!

So I don't want Alzheimers. Some people play Sudoku or do crossword puzzles to keep their mind active. I play lottery. Never seen anybody cash in on Sudoku, have you?

Yep. I do want to test RL's system. If it works, I'll have more money to buy lawn tractor tires and feed dogs. Maybe I'll go to the carnival and buy a balloon.Smile

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2011, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Fixed the tire today. Mowed. Don't know where the ship is going Jimmy, but when my doctor put me on prune juice, I told him I was still going to have pineapples. That's all anybody really wants to know about my system. Trust me.

Spent some time with my neighbors this evening. They are both nurses. At least that is their story. He's a psych nurse. I think she may be his patient. They told me once Alzheimers patients sometimes forget to live!!!! Lost my wife, they say she had Alzheimers.

You got us a new thread. The other one was getting too long. Too much work to read 5 pages everytime I opened it. Glad to see it. Hope you get your Monte Carlo running so you can post that too.

Due to Parkinsons, my wife couldn't put her makeup on properly. Looked like a clown. So one afternoon I got the airbrush, made her clown face. Took her to the carnival, gave her a handful of balloons. Left her on midway. Saddest thing I ever saw.

Three days later, when she still hadn't come home, I realized they were right. She did have Alzheimers!

So I don't want Alzheimers. Some people play Sudoku or do crossword puzzles to keep their mind active. I play lottery. Never seen anybody cash in on Sudoku, have you?

Yep. I do want to test RL's system. If it works, I'll have more money to buy lawn tractor tires and feed dogs. Maybe I'll go to the carnival and buy a balloon.Smile

Well Gary, I guess I overestimated you in my earlier posts.  All along I thought you were a clown, and here it turns out you are only the makeup man.

This Thread is about math, so I'm sorry you didn't have time to address my 2nd question above - maybe next time.

It's puzzling when you say, "Yep. I do want to test RL's system.  If it works, I'll have more money to buy lawn tractor tires and feed dogs."  Based on your previous accolades for RL and his Digit Distribution Method (DDM), I suspect most people here were assuming you already knew that DDM was a winning system.  Apparently not, as now you're hedging with, "IF it works."  Well, IF it works, with RL's claimed 1100% edge, you definitely should be able to buy something nice for yourself.  Who knows, with an 11/1 edge over the QuickPickers, you might be able to afford tuition for clown school!  Clown

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2011, 1:29 am - IP Logged

garyo1954

I am really not sure what you just said? 

However, I might point out while some humor about diseases can work, there are many older people reading this forum and what you posted may not sound like humor to them.

You've posted this way in the past, maybe you don't want people understanding what you say?  Perhaps just try some kind of regular post that is understandable in the future? 

RL

It's obvious that if you are making a profit, you are doing better than you should.  How much better than the "crowd" are you doing?  Other than those that win the jackpot or second prize, I am sure they are deep in the hole.  You are the first (that I am aware of) making a profit - that is why I've been following what I can of your method.

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2011, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

regurgitated  remarks.

RL

RL-RANDOMLOGIC, when you said, "Wake up, the calculations you use are as common as air but rely on randomness.   Remove some of  the randomness and the calculations fail,"  it reminded me that you don't believe the Missouri computerized (5/39) Lotto is sufficiently random, and possibly why you are able to second guess it.  But, when I look back at what you said here last May,

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/214856/1663662

"This program was designed and worked best when MO. still had the ball drop lottery.  I hate RGN, Don't trust them.   Check this against power ball and mega millions too you will find it works just as good.  Some times depending on the trends it may seem run astray but it always comes home."

...I'm puzzled.

Does this mean something has changed in Missouri, or in the states where they use ball drop machines?

Or, has your program changed?

Just wondering...

--Jimmy4164

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3962 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2011, 2:22 am - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC, when you said, "Wake up, the calculations you use are as common as air but rely on randomness.   Remove some of  the randomness and the calculations fail,"  it reminded me that you don't believe the Missouri computerized (5/39) Lotto is sufficiently random, and possibly why you are able to second guess it.  But, when I look back at what you said here last May,

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/214856/1663662

"This program was designed and worked best when MO. still had the ball drop lottery.  I hate RGN, Don't trust them.   Check this against power ball and mega millions too you will find it works just as good.  Some times depending on the trends it may seem run astray but it always comes home."

...I'm puzzled.

Does this mean something has changed in Missouri, or in the states where they use ball drop machines?

Or, has your program changed?

Just wondering...

--Jimmy4164

Jimbo.

The less then random is unrelated to the methods used to draw the numbers.  When I first started

using this system Show Me Cash was a 5-30 and they used a ball droper.  If you think that my claim

of winning 2 to 4 2nd level prizes each year having only invested a few hundred dollars is impossible

then you don't want to hear my results from that game. 

THIS IS MY LAST POST.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1665 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2011, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

TC, 1954 in my handle is not a winning number and I'm not an older person, I'm a senior. I'm a member of the Aggravating and Aging Retired People! I'll never be Miss Congeniality, although I may win the Cantankerous of the Year award. Yes, there is some innuendo, undercurrent, and a few double entendres springing from my petrified brain.

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1665 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2011, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

JIMMAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Your overestimation is astounding! Honestly, mathematically speaking, I make up about 50% of all facts I post. It's new statistics. I would make up more but I need the paint to finish these fishing lures.

Oh, I did answer #2. The ship must leave port to avoid accumulating barnacles. There is a study detailing Sudoku and Alzheimers. It must be true. I read it on the internet. 

I do believe RL's evaluation of his DDM. Given that you state, "I suspect most people here already......knew that DDM was a winning system", I can't help but be thrilled at the possibility!

IF is such a small word to be so big. The inherent factors in Texas Cash 5 is: I've never played. As many people here point out, the pot is in the $22,000 range. No rollover. Even three months with no winner it remains $22,000. Of course, it is played nighly in Texas which affected the payout tremendously. That factored into Cash 5 becoming the least desirable of all the games offered, IMO.

The second part of the if is the Texas anamoly. Once Texas became known as a high ball lottery, the commission moved to replace what was working with a 5 ball, 1 bonus ball matrix. In the three years of that itineration, the Texas Lottery produced 18 winners. Players realized what an exercise in futility that was and when the money went elsewhere, the commission returned to the original idea.

Like prunes and pineapples, we take the good with the bad, or vice vera. I believe believing is a virtue. It offers hope and dreams. It takes us away from the reality of the moment and places us in a position to control our destiny. A dream is futile only until it becomes reality.

Naturally being a poor gambler requires a indefatigable calculation. But there is calculation, or at least plainning, in almost everything we do. Most people have cookbooks. What is a cookbook except a plan for adding so much of this and that to arrive at the proper recipe?

In such a sense, this is no different than devising a plan for the lottery.

ROI is overrated in much of what we do. It has it's place in finance, but looking at the lottery as an investment is much like trying to determine the happiness we get from giving flowers and gifts throughout the year.

What would be the ROI in that?

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2011, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Jimbo.

The less then random is unrelated to the methods used to draw the numbers.  When I first started

using this system Show Me Cash was a 5-30 and they used a ball droper.  If you think that my claim

of winning 2 to 4 2nd level prizes each year having only invested a few hundred dollars is impossible

then you don't want to hear my results from that game. 

THIS IS MY LAST POST.

Since RL has left the building, perhaps someone else can step up.

Here is what we are to currently understand about the workings of the DDM (Digit Distribution Method.)

Although back in May, 2010 RL informed a skeptical disciple that his system worked best with ball drop machines, he now concedes it doesn't really matter; it will work with any Draw method. (See Above)

It's very clear now - IT'S ALL ABOUT DIGITS, and has nothing to do with historical results.  I can stop complaining about conflicts between RL's claims and what most mere mortals experience in their dealings with Probability and Random Stochastic Processes.

OK.  But that leaves us with one LINGERING question...

WILL THIS SYSTEM WORK WITH ANY ARBITRARY NUMBER(Digit) SYSTEM?

If the answer is YES, I've provided some information below to help with an explanation of how this might be TRUE.  Please take note: I don't expect the settings in RL's program to be compatable with anything but a Base-10 counting system.  It would require a rewrite for another base.  Remember, counting in Base 10 using [0-9] is a completely arbitrary state of affairs.

I assume TRUTH is the ultimate goal here.  CORRECT?

Pay particular attention to the Base Twenty system, still used today by some people.  I wonder what revised DDM tables would tell us to do with the digit " 1 " ?

Click here for help with the RED question above.

--Jimmy4164

P.S.  If you don't TRULY understand or care about the significance of the red question above, please don't reply.

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1665 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2011, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Here is what we are to currently understand about the workings of the DDM (Digit Distribution Method.)

Although back in May, 2010 RL informed a skeptical disciple that his system worked best with ball drop machines, he now concedes it doesn't really matter; it will work with any Draw method. (See Above)

It's very clear now - IT'S ALL ABOUT DIGITS, and has nothing to do with historical results.  I can stop complaining about conflicts between RL's claims and what most mere mortals experience in their dealings with Probability and Random Stochastic Processes.

If the answer is YES, I've provided some information below to help with an explanation of how this might be TRUE.  Please take note: I don't expect the settings in RL's program to be compatable with anything but a Base-10 counting system.  It would require a rewrite for another base.  Remember, counting in Base 10 using [0-9] is a completely arbitrary state of affairs.

Pay particular attention to the Base Twenty system, still used today by some people.  I wonder what revised DDM tables would tell us to do with the digit " 1 " ?

--Jimmy4164

P.S.  If you don't TRULY understand or care about the significance of the red question above, please don't reply.

Are you planning to enter the Yup'ik lottery, Jimmy?  Not that it bothers me, but the grand prize with parmutuel betting works out to, oh, 120 Yu'pik base dollars before taxes!!!!! Are you crazy?

Now, I failed to respond to the first post because, *ahem* let's just say there is a lack of research done on the Yup'ik. According to the Journal of American Indian Education, Volume 33, Number 3, May 1994, whereas the Yu'pik used a base 20 system, it consists of a subbase 5, i.e. left hand, right hand, left foot, right foot. I suggest this might be a new idea to you. Let me assure you, however, the real surpise in Yup'ik lottery is all the balls were blank.

That's right Jimmy. The Yup'ik had no symbolic representation for their number set. Imagine a lottery like that? Might be hard to collect, huh? Another precipice that might give way is Yup'ik is only base 20 up 400. From there is has strong Russian leaning and base 10. The mathematics of even buying a block of 500 tickets would be a chore! Mathematics is hard enough when you have no symbols to add or subtract!!!! Now you gotta wanna BUY something!!!!!! 

I don't know about you, but this seems rigged to me!!!! A lottery with blank balls and 1/2 price tickets after 400th purchase?????

Naturally, all these inconvenieces of having NO MATH SYSTEM, since you have no symbolic representation for a number set troubled civilized man. (Wasn't bothering the Yup'ik though.) So civilized man introduced the Mayan, base 20, subbase 5 set, as a model in which to create their own.  I'll leave you to google the Mayan system where you can determine how the lines and dots relate to your proposed base 20 system.

Although your question in RED is moot at this point, the answer is YES, RL's system could be adapted to any base 20 game since there is a direct correlation between base 10 and base 20.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19817 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2011, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

--Jimmy4164

Please take note: I don't expect the settings in RL's program to be compatable with anything but a Base-10 counting system.

It couldn't be any other way since all US lotteries use a base-10 numbering system and their numbers are the only ones that count when you play their games.

My system also use digit counts to eliminate combinations but it only a part of the total elimination process.  For example when I pick some lines for tonights' MegaMillion game, each combination will have 4-8 different digits, 8-10 total digits and cover 3-5 decades.  I also will limit the sums of their 5 core numbers to 74-310 and the gap between the numbers to 1-34 with a range of the lowest to the highest numbers to 16-54 because 95% of previous winning combinations have those same limits.  I also will use some other data that covers 95% of past winners.

The ultimate goal of any lottery system is to win a jackpot and until it does, debating its potential to win doesn't mean much.  I look forward to a day when a lottery winner posing for pictures will be wearing a LP cap and/or LP shirt and proudly say "I'm a LP member" and maybe then I'll starting thinking "Now there's a LP member who knows of what he speaks".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking