Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wa State -- Lottery sales have been stopped July 01

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Angel809.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
939 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2015, 9:47 am - IP Logged

I bought 3 $10 match4 tickets today, went to check my #'s tonight and was told there was no draw ! Why would washington state sell tickets knowing there was no draw ? Somebody owes me a refund or $10,000 ! This could have been might day to win !!! :(

Welcome to Lottery Post Yogi.  Guess you answered my question why Wa State Lottery website did not update any numbers for their state Lotto Game.  I was wondering what happened.  The Lottery must be low on their priorities.  What a bunch of hogwash.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I bought 3 $10 match4 tickets today, went to check my #'s tonight and was told there was no draw ! Why would washington state sell tickets knowing there was no draw ? Somebody owes me a refund or $10,000 ! This could have been might day to win !!! :(

If you brought tickets for tonight's drawing, wouldn't you have to wait until tonight to check drawing results?  Something smells fishy about this post.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
      Member #118609
      November 4, 2011
      939 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2015, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

GOVERNOR INSLEE NEEDS THE BOOT. 

Interesting conversation with a courtesy counter clerk and this one is very knowledgeable.  She said all the stores got notification all lottery ticket sales will cease July 01 because of the budget.  The budget was worked on into the wee hours of Sunday night and submitted to the Governor's office Monday but he DIDNT SIGN IT UNTIL TUESDAY.  It takes times to get the lottery system up and running after a cease because it is a massive system.  She said once they could sell tickets they couldnt sell advance tickets, so more money lost.  One guy in line stated emphatically, he was on the golf course.  Maybe Inslee needs to meet up with the guy in the White House. 

The clerks opinion is INSLEE shut down because of the budget.  She said doesnt he know how much money the state lost just on that one night?  She turned down a LOT of customers and she was just one of thousands of retailers.

United States
        Member #152892
        February 28, 2014
        28 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2015, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Just got back from my retailer, she had a slip of paper printed out from the lottery that said the advanced draws should be back up and running everywhere by july 26th. So basically about 3 weeks from now, man was this a colossal failure... 

PS, as I'm typing this, my local news has picked up on the powerball matrix change. Going into the commercial, they said it will be harder to win. Interesting...

United States
          Member #167359
          July 8, 2015
          25 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2015, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Wow, no press releases, conferences, . A heads up would be appreciated.Bang Head

Oh man. That is crazy  .

peace 1