Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Advantage Gold

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 months ago by ProfessorChaos.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you upgraded or do you plan to upgrade?

Yes [ 22 ]  [43.14%]
No [ 12 ]  [23.53%]
I never even bought APlus [ 17 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
On The Edge of Infinity
United States
Member #160681
November 4, 2014
76 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2015, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I bought the APlus many years ago, and I like it.

But I was wondering, for many people who have never won a jackpot, what would be the point of upgrading, if you cant make it work with the first software?

Are there even any new ideas being brought to the table?

In lotto breaking even is winning- Gail Howard

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #85721
    January 21, 2010
    160 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2015, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I have heard that they are updating it all the time.  Adding new features and all.  I don't own it just yet but it is now Windows based and so like some players who like software this might be a good choice.  Check out smart luck dot com but there is also a group about it over on Facebook.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2015, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I bought the APlus many years ago, and I like it.

But I was wondering, for many people who have never won a jackpot, what would be the point of upgrading, if you cant make it work with the first software?

Are there even any new ideas being brought to the table?

A lot of software brought years ago won't work on Windows 8 and later OS so you're lucky if you like it and still use it and updated versions of it are available.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

On The Edge of Infinity
        United States
        Member #160681
        November 4, 2014
        76 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2015, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I have heard that they are updating it all the time.  Adding new features and all.  I don't own it just yet but it is now Windows based and so like some players who like software this might be a good choice.  Check out smart luck dot com but there is also a group about it over on Facebook.

I was in the facebook group about two years ago, but got kicked out so I am a little bitter.  I haven't decided to upgrade yet.  Have you checked out the free demo at her site?  Windows based is definitely the way to go.  The had a message/advertisement warning that DOS will soon be dead.  Have you made any suggestions for improvements Clifford1944?

RJOH, Windows is upgrading to windows 10 also.  I am not sure if that is free or not, but I get messages from Microsoft to reserve my free copy, and if I don't reserve I may have to pay.  I think my own VBA compiler stands up pretty well to what APlus has.  What I like about APlus, is that you can call and actually speak to a person, although I feel the customer service phone skills might need improvement to prevent alienation of us the customers and program users.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19900 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2015, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I was in the facebook group about two years ago, but got kicked out so I am a little bitter.  I haven't decided to upgrade yet.  Have you checked out the free demo at her site?  Windows based is definitely the way to go.  The had a message/advertisement warning that DOS will soon be dead.  Have you made any suggestions for improvements Clifford1944?

RJOH, Windows is upgrading to windows 10 also.  I am not sure if that is free or not, but I get messages from Microsoft to reserve my free copy, and if I don't reserve I may have to pay.  I think my own VBA compiler stands up pretty well to what APlus has.  What I like about APlus, is that you can call and actually speak to a person, although I feel the customer service phone skills might need improvement to prevent alienation of us the customers and program users.

But as you suggested if you didn't win a jackpot with the older version of this software there is no reason to think you would do better with a newer version.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Years ago I heard that the wheels were good, but not popular here. We are full system players.

I do my wheels myself, just started a more flexible input at LINK. It is still in development and so far it does straight unfiltered positional combinations.

Today I still have appreciation for a pick 6 full wheel system of 8 numbers. I have seen many players playing 7 number full wheels with forms.

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              New Mexico
              United States
              Member #86099
              January 29, 2010
              11163 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2015, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Years ago I heard that the wheels were good, but not popular here. We are full system players.

I do my wheels myself, just started a more flexible input at LINK. It is still in development and so far it does straight unfiltered positional combinations.

Today I still have appreciation for a pick 6 full wheel system of 8 numbers. I have seen many players playing 7 number full wheels with forms.

Nice link serge!

US Flag

jeeps1's avatar - disney26

United States
                Member #47
                December 11, 2001
                236 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2015, 10:07 am - IP Logged

already did like it.

Smiley

On The Edge of Infinity
                  United States
                  Member #160681
                  November 4, 2014
                  76 Posts
                  Posted: September 10, 2015, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

already did like it.

Smiley

How are you liking it?  Whats your favorite thing about it?  Any nice hits using it yet?   Has anybody that voted had any nice hits yet with the new software? Any new charts that are worth the extra $30 bucks? 

On The Edge of Infinity
                    United States
                    Member #160681
                    November 4, 2014
                    76 Posts
                    Posted: October 8, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

In case some of you are not aware there was a death in the smart luck family.   Betty Hick the wife of one of the best computer programmers on earth recently passed.  What does this spell for the future of Advantage Gold? Only time will tell.

United States
                      Member #135920
                      November 30, 2012
                      1262 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2015, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

no point,,,

stay standard dont upgrade ,,,

waste of money,,,,

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #54181
                        August 8, 2007
                        123 Posts
                        Posted: November 12, 2015, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a great program. The team over at Smart Luck has a nice product!

Enjoying the A Plus Dos version for many years, it's nice to see the added features to the A Gold Windows Version.

I'm still tinkering around with some of short term charts.

Quick question to anyone using the A Gold program.

Starting the program, looking at the splash screen, in the column headings, SD & UG, could anyone express more information about those?

I know they are summaries with percentages, but to what?

I see the numbers assigned to the percentages, but still unclear to what that all means. 

Balance is Key

On The Edge of Infinity
                          United States
                          Member #160681
                          November 4, 2014
                          76 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a great program. The team over at Smart Luck has a nice product!

Enjoying the A Plus Dos version for many years, it's nice to see the added features to the A Gold Windows Version.

I'm still tinkering around with some of short term charts.

Quick question to anyone using the A Gold program.

Starting the program, looking at the splash screen, in the column headings, SD & UG, could anyone express more information about those?

I know they are summaries with percentages, but to what?

I see the numbers assigned to the percentages, but still unclear to what that all means. 

Greetings LJ1.  Yes the Aplus is a great product.  The SD & UG data was released originally as an upgrade with the smart luck menu, and was a precursor to the style of the A Gold program.  The SD is standard Deviation, and the UG stand for unique gap.  It is similar to the median.  Those values are generally meaningless with the entire data of the game.  Only by changing the range can you find "valuable" data.  Valuable being a very subjective term.  It has come to my attention that the Gap Summary in Aplus has not transfered over to the Gold, so it seems a bit odd to keep the unique gap value in one chart while removing the other chart.  Gails passing took me by surprise as I thought I had some very good new ideas (or modified and perfected old ideas) to bring to the table, and I would have loved to discuss with her.  I was also hoping to visit her in Vegas, but such is life. It appears from a message at the SL website that the programmer is now in charge.

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #54181
                            August 8, 2007
                            123 Posts
                            Posted: November 21, 2015, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply Professor.

The UG & SD columns are clearer now to some extent. The median is a little unclear as well. (half the skips above the avg. & half below)?  I will have to explore more of the different ranges as you say later. 

Looking at the splash screen with the columns of L1, 5, & 10 back testing with those three columns, noticing a current draw with an L1, 5, & 10 with values of say.... 0-3-3 there's a noticeable commonality of the next draw with the same results as the back tested values of the same. Maybe not all three columns match but I see two of three do. And the totals do seem to also fall into the range of the F Chart.

I'm currently working with the B Chart and that is so revealing. 

Good talking with you.

Balance is Key

On The Edge of Infinity
                              United States
                              Member #160681
                              November 4, 2014
                              76 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2015, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply Professor.

The UG & SD columns are clearer now to some extent. The median is a little unclear as well. (half the skips above the avg. & half below)?  I will have to explore more of the different ranges as you say later. 

Looking at the splash screen with the columns of L1, 5, & 10 back testing with those three columns, noticing a current draw with an L1, 5, & 10 with values of say.... 0-3-3 there's a noticeable commonality of the next draw with the same results as the back tested values of the same. Maybe not all three columns match but I see two of three do. And the totals do seem to also fall into the range of the F Chart.

I'm currently working with the B Chart and that is so revealing. 

Good talking with you.

One of the things that I like about the A+ is the ability to export data into excel.  I had help from one of the old FB members and he taught me how to do it.  It was many steps. I created a totally new revolutionary chart with it.  Chart B I also exported into excel, it has helped me greatly.  I was using the autouploader today, and there was an advertisement for a discounted upgrade.  They are enticing me! Being that it is Christmas  I will certainly upgrade for sure.  I noticed that Indiana has a bad report card.  I am very sorry that you have so many RNG in your state.  I hope that is not making pattern recognition difficult for you.  I also prefer to use a D.S.H chart in excel as I can better track my "smart picks".  I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, and likewise it is good talking to  you.