Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New York Lotto

Topic closed. 208 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 11 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Bronx, NY
United States
Member #164554
March 6, 2015
797 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2015, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

think will be around 80-85k probably closer to 80k wednesday think sales will be less since the jackpot went off

thinking 750k in sales which would make bonus just under 80k but is very hard to predict sales figures for lotto (take 5 much easier, 550-600k on sunday/monday, 700-750k on friday, and 600-650k rest of week when not on promo)

YP I was thinking the same thing the jackpot is only $2 million dollars so sales are not going to be good for the few following weeks, until the nest egg is bigger. I mean any amount of money is a blessing but $2 million after taxes is going to leave you in the hundred thousands. I believe NY state and federal taxes will stay with one million.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3708 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2015, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi GiveFive, 

Remember me? LOL

I came on the site to read any comments regarding  the NY Lotto jackpot being hit last night for the first time in nine months, and I found your post. I had three numbers on a QP, I won one dollar!  I swore I wouldn't play MM or PB after the matrix change until the jackpots get way up there until a player in a store I go to for my tickets hit the $106 million dollar MM on 9/11/15 with a QP.  This was the second time in two years the same store had a big winner, the other one was a million dollar scratch off. I only buy one ticket now just to be in the MM and PB drawing, but I got back into playing NY Lotto. I play all the numbers on one $5.00 card, and the other $5.00 goes to QP.  I read about a guy in England who played all the numbers and finally hit the big one after four years of using that strategy. 

Anyway, it was nice running into you...hope all is well.

Jacal

Hi Jacal!  I sure do remember you.  You've been missing from The LP for a long time. Nice to have you back.

Yeah, all's well with me and my family.  My son now lives in Brooklyn (he's stationed at the Coast Guard base on Staten Island) got married last year.  My middle daughter lives in Manhattan near the UN. She works in mid-town not too far from GCT.  My younger daughter graduated from college in Connecticut last May and is in Grad School in Valhalla at WMC.  My wife and I are busy busy busy!

Pretty good strategy ya got there!  Hope it works out for ya.   I don't play PB anymore, well, actually I do because I'm in a pool at work where the guy that runs it buys PB, MM and Lotto twice per week. But I aint buyin any PB or MM tix on my own.  Odds are too ridiculous now.  I still have my subscription to Lotto, but I mainly do that so that when 2nd place gets big, I'm automatically in the drawing.  Take care! G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY
      United States
      Member #167035
      June 22, 2015
      1340 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2015, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

taking the lump sum into account yes will be less than 1M after taxes

btw that 42.5M is an annuitized amount so don't be surprised if that one winner last night walks away with a net in the high teens

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3708 Posts
        Posted: October 19, 2015, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

taking the lump sum into account yes will be less than 1M after taxes

btw that 42.5M is an annuitized amount so don't be surprised if that one winner last night walks away with a net in the high teens

Thumbing your nose at 19 million, YP???

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Bronx, NY
          United States
          Member #164554
          March 6, 2015
          797 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2015, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Thumbing your nose at 19 million, YP???

G5 I was thinking the same thing $19 million. 

NY
            United States
            Member #167035
            June 22, 2015
            1340 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

G5 I was thinking the same thing $19 million. 

that still enough to retire but not enough to pass on to your kids if you young enough :D

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3708 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2015, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

that still enough to retire but not enough to pass on to your kids if you young enough :D

Ever been to Florida, YP??

The reason I ask is because I've seen all them Old Foggies down there ridin' around with a bumper sticker on their rear bumper that says "We're spending our children's inheritance".... So age might not come into play at all.  At any rate, that's what I'm gonna do!  And my kids are FULLY aware of that fact too!  LOL

Those Old Fools down there have some sense of humour too.  Years ago, my wife and I took a trip to Sarasota to visit my parents who were retired and living there.  (My parents have since gone on to that big lottery terminal in The Sky, and believe me when I tell ya, we blew threw what they left use in a New York minute!)  Anyway, we we're driving past a high rise condo, and my father says to me; "Know what the residents call that place?"

I say; "No. What?"

My father says; "Gods waiting room." 

And there were LOTS of those bumper stickers in the parking lot of that joint too!  G5

NY
                United States
                Member #167035
                June 22, 2015
                1340 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2015, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Ever been to Florida, YP??

The reason I ask is because I've seen all them Old Foggies down there ridin' around with a bumper sticker on their rear bumper that says "We're spending our children's inheritance".... So age might not come into play at all.  At any rate, that's what I'm gonna do!  And my kids are FULLY aware of that fact too!  LOL

Those Old Fools down there have some sense of humour too.  Years ago, my wife and I took a trip to Sarasota to visit my parents who were retired and living there.  (My parents have since gone on to that big lottery terminal in The Sky, and believe me when I tell ya, we blew threw what they left use in a New York minute!)  Anyway, we we're driving past a high rise condo, and my father says to me; "Know what the residents call that place?"

I say; "No. What?"

My father says; "Gods waiting room." 

And there were LOTS of those bumper stickers in the parking lot of that joint too!  G5

lots of times - have played their scratchers too - best i have done there is $20 on a $1

Bronx, NY
                  United States
                  Member #164554
                  March 6, 2015
                  797 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2015, 6:26 am - IP Logged

October 21,2015

01-07-10-12-43-48 Bonus Number 46

Bronx, NY
                    United States
                    Member #164554
                    March 6, 2015
                    797 Posts
                    Posted: October 22, 2015, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Second prize was won this week $76,620.00 congrats to the winner.

Bronx, NY
                      United States
                      Member #164554
                      March 6, 2015
                      797 Posts
                      Posted: October 22, 2015, 6:35 am - IP Logged

The NY Lotto Jackpot for October 24, 2015 will be $2,300,000.00 second prize is going to be rollover to $29,000.00.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #167035
                        June 22, 2015
                        1340 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2015, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

The NY Lotto Jackpot for October 24, 2015 will be $2,300,000.00 second prize is going to be rollover to $29,000.00.

will be more like 17-19k since sales have dropped to the 600-650k range after the jackpot was won - coverage rate is in the mid-high 2% range

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3708 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2015, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

will be more like 17-19k since sales have dropped to the 600-650k range after the jackpot was won - coverage rate is in the mid-high 2% range

Everybody says or thinks Lotto sucks.

OK. But why is that the 2nd place prize is getting hit so frequently??  It hardly ever gets big anymore. 

I'll freely admit that it's a lot easier to win 2nd place than it is to hit the JP, and also that I have a Lotto subscription because I want to be guaranteed that I'm in every drawing when 2nd place does get big, but it's kind of obvious to me that a lot of people don't share the opinion that Lotto sux.  Especially those that have hit the JP for 42.5 million, or even those who've won a paltry 2nd place prize of 70 grand.  Know what I mean???  G5

Bronx, NY
                            United States
                            Member #164554
                            March 6, 2015
                            797 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Everybody says or thinks Lotto sucks.

OK. But why is that the 2nd place prize is getting hit so frequently??  It hardly ever gets big anymore. 

I'll freely admit that it's a lot easier to win 2nd place than it is to hit the JP, and also that I have a Lotto subscription because I want to be guaranteed that I'm in every drawing when 2nd place does get big, but it's kind of obvious to me that a lot of people don't share the opinion that Lotto sux.  Especially those that have hit the JP for 42.5 million, or even those who've won a paltry 2nd place prize of 70 grand.  Know what I mean???  G5

I Agree! G5 I know what you mean.

Bronx, NY
                              United States
                              Member #164554
                              March 6, 2015
                              797 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2015, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go NY I got my qp's tonight lets Go NY.

Page 11 of 14