Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New York Lotto

Topic closed. 208 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 9 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Bronx, NY
United States
Member #164554
March 6, 2015
774 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2015, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

45 - has not been drawn for 30 draws. 
38 - has not been drawn for 29 draws. 
52 - has not been drawn for 27 draws. 
10 - has not been drawn for 24 draws. 
18 - has not been drawn for 21 draws. 

Albany
    United States
    Member #156363
    June 16, 2014
    17 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2015, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

The reason I feel that not many people play this game is because the New York Lottery does not promote this game at all.  One has an 11 times better chance of winning this game than Mega Millions.  On a per-dollar basis, one has an almost 13 times better chance of winning this game than Powerball.

But maybe I shouldn't complain.  If only 6% of possible combinations are being sold, and I don't win, chances are nobody else will, either.  So the jackpot keeps going up.  As somebody who has a minimum requirement of $22.6 million to play this game, this means another chance for me to win big.

Bronx, NY
      United States
      Member #164554
      March 6, 2015
      774 Posts
      Posted: October 14, 2015, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

The reason I feel that not many people play this game is because the New York Lottery does not promote this game at all.  One has an 11 times better chance of winning this game than Mega Millions.  On a per-dollar basis, one has an almost 13 times better chance of winning this game than Powerball.

But maybe I shouldn't complain.  If only 6% of possible combinations are being sold, and I don't win, chances are nobody else will, either.  So the jackpot keeps going up.  As somebody who has a minimum requirement of $22.6 million to play this game, this means another chance for me to win big.

I Agree!

Bronx, NY
        United States
        Member #164554
        March 6, 2015
        774 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2015, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Playing five qp's for tonight game.

Albany
          United States
          Member #156363
          June 16, 2014
          17 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2015, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Whoops!  New York Lotto gives players an almost 13 times better chance of winning per game than Powerball, and an almost 26 times better chance of winning per dollar than Powerball.  Meanwhile, the jackpots for the upcoming Mega Millions and Powerball drawings are only about double that of New York Lotto.

I will just let the casual players of average intelligence get seduced by the names of Mega Millions and Powerball.  It will increase my chances of being the only winner of New York Lotto this Saturday.  And if I don't win, as long as only 6% of combinations are being sold, I will likely get to play for even more money on Wednesday.

NY
            United States
            Member #167035
            June 22, 2015
            1340 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2015, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

was a lot less than 6% - it is actually 4 and change percent being covered

1 mil in sales last night which means 2 million combinations at the most

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
              NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3690 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2015, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Whoops!  New York Lotto gives players an almost 13 times better chance of winning per game than Powerball, and an almost 26 times better chance of winning per dollar than Powerball.  Meanwhile, the jackpots for the upcoming Mega Millions and Powerball drawings are only about double that of New York Lotto.

I will just let the casual players of average intelligence get seduced by the names of Mega Millions and Powerball.  It will increase my chances of being the only winner of New York Lotto this Saturday.  And if I don't win, as long as only 6% of combinations are being sold, I will likely get to play for even more money on Wednesday.

I'm in a lottery pool at work.  The guy who runs it buys MM, PB and Lotto tickets twice a week every week. (That means I'm in every drawing each week for these three games.)

A few weeks ago, I suggested to him that maybe he shouldn't buy as many PB and MM tickets as he usually does, and use that money towards buying more Lotto tickets, given that Lotto is at a very high jackpot (38 million at the time) and also that it's so much easier to hit a Lotto JP than either MM or PB. 

He agreed, and sure enough when he emailed the tickets he had bought for the drawings that week, I noticed he had done as I suggested, as most of the pools money was spent on Lotto tickets. 

When I opened his email with the tickets for the following week's drawings, he had gone back to doing what he had previously been doing. (Spending the most money on MM & PB and 4 lines of Lotto.)  So when I saw him I asked why he'd done that.  His answer, "I like MM and PB better than Lotto, and so does just about everybody in our pool."  (There are 26 people in the pool.)

Now, I'm an easy going sort of guy, so I didn't say anything to him other than "Oh. OK."   I chalked it up to the fact that (IMHO) most players just don't understand, know or care about the odds.  You hit the nail squarely on the head when you said "players of average intelligence get seduced by the names of Mega Millions and Powerball".  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY
                United States
                Member #167035
                June 22, 2015
                1340 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2015, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm in a lottery pool at work.  The guy who runs it buys MM, PB and Lotto tickets twice a week every week. (That means I'm in every drawing each week for these three games.)

A few weeks ago, I suggested to him that maybe he shouldn't buy as many PB and MM tickets as he usually does, and use that money towards buying more Lotto tickets, given that Lotto is at a very high jackpot (38 million at the time) and also that it's so much easier to hit a Lotto JP than either MM or PB. 

He agreed, and sure enough when he emailed the tickets he had bought for the drawings that week, I noticed he had done as I suggested, as most of the pools money was spent on Lotto tickets. 

When I opened his email with the tickets for the following week's drawings, he had gone back to doing what he had previously been doing. (Spending the most money on MM & PB and 4 lines of Lotto.)  So when I saw him I asked why he'd done that.  His answer, "I like MM and PB better than Lotto, and so does just about everybody in our pool."  (There are 26 people in the pool.)

Now, I'm an easy going sort of guy, so I didn't say anything to him other than "Oh. OK."   I chalked it up to the fact that (IMHO) most players just don't understand, know or care about the odds.  You hit the nail squarely on the head when you said "players of average intelligence get seduced by the names of Mega Millions and Powerball".  G5

I Agree! yup but w the sales figures of lotto do not think the jackpot will be won before year end

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3690 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2015, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! yup but w the sales figures of lotto do not think the jackpot will be won before year end

I agree YP... but I can virtually guarantee you that he's NOT going to spend more than 2 bucks on Lotto each drawing no matter how long it takes for the JP to be won.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY
                    United States
                    Member #167035
                    June 22, 2015
                    1340 Posts
                    Posted: October 15, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

and i will spend zero...

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3690 Posts
                      Posted: October 15, 2015, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

and i will spend zero...

Why?  Cant you use 42 million?  Wink

As for me, I'll be in every drawing until it's won.  But not because I plan to run out and buy a ticket for every drawing. My subscription has each drawing covered until next April.  Even if the JP hasn't been won by then, I'll renew it in March. G5

Bronx, NY
                        United States
                        Member #164554
                        March 6, 2015
                        774 Posts
                        Posted: October 15, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Bronx, NY
                          United States
                          Member #164554
                          March 6, 2015
                          774 Posts
                          Posted: October 15, 2015, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I got off the lottery pool at work for the same reason now I just do my own lottery pool.

Bronx, NY
                            United States
                            Member #164554
                            March 6, 2015
                            774 Posts
                            Posted: October 15, 2015, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

10/14/2015

13-35-42-47-48-58 Bonus Number 52

Bronx, NY
                              United States