Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just Curious...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 1 year ago by dr65.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

No problem, Candy-Lane, happens often, things can be interpreted different ways.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
    Member #167255
    July 2, 2015
    102 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2015, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

For me, will rent a suite in a very nice hotel for a couple months until the publicity dies down.  Would be moving to a new home anyway. Whether to cross the state border or not will depend on finding my dream location!  There are certain requirements needed.  Might travel a little bit to see all the national parks.  But most travel will be in the state that I will reside in, mostly from home to town and back.  .... Dont really care to travel but will geocache!!

Hi zinniagirl,Smile

I see you live in beautiful North Carolina!  Are you a Tar Heel?

You could have a place in the mountains and a house on the beach!  I lived in NC for 10 years and have two sisters who still do.  One lives on the se coast in a coastal town very near the big lottery winner. My other sister divides her time between Pinehurst, NC and Naples, Fl.

I can see why you wouldn't care to move outside of your state! Go Tar Heels!

United States
      Member #167255
      July 2, 2015
      102 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi Zephbe, Smile

A boring lottery winner? How can you even say that after admitting to be a foodie?  Imagine how much fun it would be to travel all around the US in search of the best burger/hotdog/pizza etc...!

Every year pick a different food and travel all over the US in search for the best burger one year, pizza the next, and so on...

You sound far from boring in my book!

Btw: The UK (England, Scotland, and Wales) always safe for Americans to travel to. US, UK, Canada are all strong allies.

North Wales is part of the UK. Most of the time you would be fine there. Although every now and then they have a little fighting that goes on....It goes way back.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2015, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Probably staying put. I would only relocate to another state that has no state income tax. Not moving out of the country, spending my money in the USA. There are enough places to visit and enjoy,especially in a RV. 

Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
          Member #165244
          March 30, 2015
          227 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2015, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe I would move, unless it got to be so overwhelming because of the wins.  But I would travel a lot so it may look like I moved. Ha..maybe even invest in a "Food Truck"...make money while traveling...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            935 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2015, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Hi Candy-Lane:

Well, Western USA (california) is where I was born and raised and I spent most of my life on the western coast.  I spent many years in Hawaii and is where I want to be and when I win the lottery, is exactly where I will go.  In California there is so much to do and see and would take days to see all it has to offer from beautiful San Diego to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm amusement parks, to Alvarado Street and Chinatown in Los Angeles, the beaches, Malibu, Ventura, Santa Barbara, the missions, San Francisco, Ghirardelhi Square, the Sierras and Big Sur, the National Parks, Hearst Castle, just so much and all under wonderful weather almost any month of the year.  To which I can say I took for granted.  I am in Eastern Washington now and I am not a fan of snow, ice and cold, in fact I dread it, seven months of cold is way too long for me.  I avoided Seattle for years, because of traffic and congestion but last year I went to see it and found I loved it.  But to visit not to live.

Lived in Las Vegas and hated it so I wont comment further except to say you wont ever catch me there lol.

So where did your cruise take you when it couldnt include Israel?  I have never taken a cruise I am not sure if I would, the jury is still out on that one lol.  There are a lot of places now on the "dont go" list which is a shame.  But there are a lot of places to see right here in America and lots I have not been.  I have heard that Montreal is a beautiful place but I have only seen the west side.

Hey if we win the lottery and go to Monaco we would fit right in?  Or maybe we would be "marginally" wealthy compared to the truly rich? hahahahahahahaaha.  So you have been lucky enough to experience the five star hotels and see Germany and Switzerland, how wonderful, I want to be able to see it before I kick.  I watched a travel show last night on Switzerland what a beautiful place, the scenery is unbelievable.

Yes I mean London as the whole country of England sorry.  The architecture and cathedrals are my interest too.  Like architecture in New Orleans!  If one would think of that State architecturally speaking!  Each State has something unique however.

Toys? My wants is a comfortable life, living debt free, privacy and secure on some acreage, with some farm animals, living off the grid and my pet dog.  I would like a new(er) Mercedes Benz, maybe a S550, a new puppy pal for my puppy I have now..... For my splurge?  Definitely a Bentley Continental Flying Spur Sedan although it probably wouldnt get much use lol.....maybe as an investment?  This sounds cheesy but my joy would being able to help family and friends.   Tithing my 10% would help my church and there are so many charities like animal shelters, veterans, etc.  My wants and needs have changed as I have gotten older.  I would like to think I could live life like I just outlined and that money would not corrupt me.  Overall it is just "stuff" and it becomes an albatross around your neck.

Yacht would be lovely to have but the maintenance would be very expensive.  I think you can charter a yacht as needed?  As for the water, I certainly understand and agree, there is NOTHING better, over or on the water. 

Good for you for planning a west coast trip.  Oregon too is very pretty but havent really spent much time there.  My opinion is it too is very nice, on the rainy side, which I do not mind at all, We NEED the rain.  But having almost 365 days a year like Seattle would get old for me and be quite depressing.

Good luck on your dreams and trip planning!  It is always nice to think of winning isnt it?  May we be succsessful.  Guess it is too late to wish you a win for tonite!  So here's to all our dreams coming true in the future if we didnt win tonite!

Wow, sorry for running off on this message I guess I got carried away hahahahahhaha.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2015, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Yes Nod no need to apologize sounds like a dream to me ....

but I prefer cats to dogs and can live without the Bentley and your idea of the purr-fect Mercedes

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                Member #118609
                November 4, 2011
                935 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2015, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Yes Nod no need to apologize sounds like a dream to me ....

but I prefer cats to dogs and can live without the Bentley and your idea of the purr-fect Mercedes

Thanks.  It sure is a dream and one I wish to come true.

Realize your best pal is a cat(s).  Do you have a favorite car you would want? Nd would you have any travel plans?  To where and what mode of transportation?

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2659 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2015, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks.  It sure is a dream and one I wish to come true.

Realize your best pal is a cat(s).  Do you have a favorite car you would want? Nd would you have any travel plans?  To where and what mode of transportation?

the truck/s, station wagons and file it under other toys that the few and many wouldn't normally bother with,

only to travel the less taken paths etc etc etc

new jersey
                    United States
                    Member #150815
                    December 31, 2013
                    513 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2015, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

i  will  let  u  know  what  i  would  do  if  i  win  the  big  one,  thks

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      606 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2015, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

If you plan to move to Europe, chose Monaco or Leichtenstein. There's hardly any taxes there.

There is very little else, either. Liechtenstein is tiny and unless the Czech Republic returns the land the annexed/confiscated from the royal family it will stay a tiny enclave. There's nothing there, there

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Liechtenstein_topographic_map-de_Version_Tschubby.png

Now Monaco, while a boring playground for the rich has proximity to Nice.

Why not chose Switzerland? Canton Zug has very low taxes and is, I think, the richest, too.

United States
                        Member #167255
                        July 2, 2015
                        102 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Correction: I meant to say, Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

The UK consists of  all of Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland (think Belfast).

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi! Smile 

Everyone says that you when you win the Powerball/MegaMillion Jackpot, you have to move.  I understand why and, if I win, I plan to move to another state within the US.  As a I have dual nationality, I will also live somewhere within the EU. It's not that I'm being secretive, it's just that I haven't decided exactly where yet.

If you hit it big in the lottery, how far would you want (or be willing), to move?  Somewhere within the state you currently reside, one or two states over, or clear across the country? Why?

Anyone plan to move abroad? If so, where? Why?

I sometimes think it would be fun to spend a year traveling the world while deciding where to anchor down. Does that sound like fun to anyone else? A couple of my relatives told me that just the idea of traveling for a year, did not sound the least bit appealing to them.

I am also curious about big travel plans anyone may have.  If you win big, you would be able to vacation anywhere!

You would be able to travel as much as you wanted.  Where you go? How would you get there? Where would you stay?

How long would you stay? Where would you travel to next? After that?

I'm always ready for a new adventure! 

Thanks! Smile

Have fun paying excessive amounts of taxes if you ever win.

Trump 2016!

United States
                            Member #167255
                            July 2, 2015
                            102 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2015, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi Candy-Lane:

Well, Western USA (california) is where I was born and raised and I spent most of my life on the western coast.  I spent many years in Hawaii and is where I want to be and when I win the lottery, is exactly where I will go.  In California there is so much to do and see and would take days to see all it has to offer from beautiful San Diego to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm amusement parks, to Alvarado Street and Chinatown in Los Angeles, the beaches, Malibu, Ventura, Santa Barbara, the missions, San Francisco, Ghirardelhi Square, the Sierras and Big Sur, the National Parks, Hearst Castle, just so much and all under wonderful weather almost any month of the year.  To which I can say I took for granted.  I am in Eastern Washington now and I am not a fan of snow, ice and cold, in fact I dread it, seven months of cold is way too long for me.  I avoided Seattle for years, because of traffic and congestion but last year I went to see it and found I loved it.  But to visit not to live.

Lived in Las Vegas and hated it so I wont comment further except to say you wont ever catch me there lol.

So where did your cruise take you when it couldnt include Israel?  I have never taken a cruise I am not sure if I would, the jury is still out on that one lol.  There are a lot of places now on the "dont go" list which is a shame.  But there are a lot of places to see right here in America and lots I have not been.  I have heard that Montreal is a beautiful place but I have only seen the west side.

Hey if we win the lottery and go to Monaco we would fit right in?  Or maybe we would be "marginally" wealthy compared to the truly rich? hahahahahahahaaha.  So you have been lucky enough to experience the five star hotels and see Germany and Switzerland, how wonderful, I want to be able to see it before I kick.  I watched a travel show last night on Switzerland what a beautiful place, the scenery is unbelievable.

Yes I mean London as the whole country of England sorry.  The architecture and cathedrals are my interest too.  Like architecture in New Orleans!  If one would think of that State architecturally speaking!  Each State has something unique however.

Toys? My wants is a comfortable life, living debt free, privacy and secure on some acreage, with some farm animals, living off the grid and my pet dog.  I would like a new(er) Mercedes Benz, maybe a S550, a new puppy pal for my puppy I have now..... For my splurge?  Definitely a Bentley Continental Flying Spur Sedan although it probably wouldnt get much use lol.....maybe as an investment?  This sounds cheesy but my joy would being able to help family and friends.   Tithing my 10% would help my church and there are so many charities like animal shelters, veterans, etc.  My wants and needs have changed as I have gotten older.  I would like to think I could live life like I just outlined and that money would not corrupt me.  Overall it is just "stuff" and it becomes an albatross around your neck.

Yacht would be lovely to have but the maintenance would be very expensive.  I think you can charter a yacht as needed?  As for the water, I certainly understand and agree, there is NOTHING better, over or on the water. 

Good for you for planning a west coast trip.  Oregon too is very pretty but havent really spent much time there.  My opinion is it too is very nice, on the rainy side, which I do not mind at all, We NEED the rain.  But having almost 365 days a year like Seattle would get old for me and be quite depressing.

Good luck on your dreams and trip planning!  It is always nice to think of winning isnt it?  May we be succsessful.  Guess it is too late to wish you a win for tonite!  So here's to all our dreams coming true in the future if we didnt win tonite!

Wow, sorry for running off on this message I guess I got carried away hahahahahhaha.

Hi lejardin, Smile

Sorry? Are you kidding? I enjoyed reading your post! I could have kept reading. My mind is made up! I am planning to hit the west coast next summer! It is something I have been thinking about doing for a couple of years now. I didn't realise there was so much do and see.  When I think west coast, I think LA and Hollywood, Celebrities. Most people seem to worship celebrities and seek fame.  I have absolutely zero interest in either. I very rarely watch TV.  It was 2004 when I saw the first Seinfeld and Frasier show.  Last winter was long and brutal! I  watched House of Cards and then spent 1 week watching Parks and Rec. non stop on  hulu and netflex.  In fact, that series still runs continuous ( 24/7) in my house (seriously)!

The cruise I was on went on that couldn't go to Israel was originally a 3 week cruise. It was a Mediterranean cruise that began in Spain and also covered France, Italy, Monaco, Malta, Turkey, Greece and Islands . We had to end in Venice, Italy after 2 weeks. Week 3 was to include Egypt and Israel. Due to the political climate the cruise line was forced to cancel the third week.

I highly recommend cruises but only if it is a luxury cruise line. I wouldn't trust just any ol company. I mean, once the ship embarks you are stuck on board. There are no exits! They also have better port of calls. You can have the time of your life on a cruise if you choose the right cruise line.  I plan to take one around the world when I win the lottery or hit retirement  age. - whichever comes first.

You will fit in Monaco just as you are. Monaco is filled with tourists.  I think the best way to fit in anywhere is to just be yourself!

As much as I love being on the water, owning a small yacht would be more practical than to charter one.   I want to operate and, not hire a crew.

You sound like a really terrific person (most defiantly not "cheesy")!

I hope you win big and all your dreams come true. Just remember this:

A happy wife is a happy life!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                              Member #164603
                              March 8, 2015
                              606 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2015, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Have fun paying excessive amounts of taxes if you ever win.

Why would she have to pay excessive taxes?