Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is it so difficult for some to...

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2015, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Congratulate winner's from NY, NJ, FL, CA or to a lesser degree other areas of the country? Is it not fair to assume that most of winners would be coming from there? After all, the Lion's share of the jackpot money is thrown into the hat  from players doing business there. To say they don't deserve to win this often is to say " please buy tickets but under no circumstances are you allowed to win? Who thinks like that in this day & age?

It's similar to saying Usain Bolt should be allowed to enter the 100/200 meters races* for show,  but not be allowed to at least win..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    WA
    United States
    Member #122238
    January 27, 2012
    180 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

the jackpot games are the games of chance so every state that participates gets the same chance as others. People don't congratulate because they can't accept the fact that the winner isn't them but someone else. I don't congratulate either, what is the point...becaus they are not going to read what I say or know anyways.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

" Bolt" that guy sure has the right name,

where I come from "bolt" was slang for run as fast as you can. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

the jackpot games are the games of chance so every state that participates gets the same chance as others. People don't congratulate because they can't accept the fact that the winner isn't them but someone else. I don't congratulate either, what is the point...becaus they are not going to read what I say or know anyways.

l understand what you saying,  but regardless of whether the winner is going to read your remarks is besides the point.  It's giving them a plug for pulling it off, translated" l could be next".

Case in point: We read or see images on tv of the refugee crisis in Europe & say " My heart goes out to them"..we know them not but it's the thought that counts. Maybe that's a lousy example,  but I hope you get the gist of what I am attempting to convey. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

" Bolt" that guy sure has the right name,

where I come from "bolt" was slang for run as fast as you can. LOL

I Agree!.. you nailed it. 

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Congratulate winner's from NY, NJ, FL, CA or to a lesser degree other areas of the country? Is it not fair to assume that most of winners would be coming from there? After all, the Lion's share of the jackpot money is thrown into the hat  from players doing business there. To say they don't deserve to win this often is to say " please buy tickets but under no circumstances are you allowed to win? Who thinks like that in this day & age?

It's similar to saying Usain Bolt should be allowed to enter the 100/200 meters races* for show,  but not be allowed to at least win..

Just because certain states throw in more money shouldn't assume they have more right to win that money then other non winning states.  Are you saying that those states that don't have the lottery players to throw in enough money shouldn't be allowed to win!?  Who thinks like that in this day and age?

Trump 2016!

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Just because certain states throw in more money shouldn't assume they have more right to win that money then other non winning states.  Are you saying that those states that don't have the lottery players to throw in enough money shouldn't be allowed to win!?  Who thinks like that in this day and age?

Correction: There is no such thing as a non winning State.

Two: No one is saying they have to win ALL the time. But if they contributing massively to building up these jackpots,  their ought to be some reward for their efforts. If there was a 2/ 3 way split in last night's jackpot with say NY, WA, or heaven forbid WS- would we be hearing from you?..... Doubtful. What l am saying is one player who could have been from Nebraska for all l care, picked the correct numbers last night

He/she beat the system fair & square,  just because the winner happens to hail from NY does not give you a right to promote your hostility by getting a wedgie in the process. Live with the outcome of the results my young apprentice.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2015, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

say you buy $1 wiorth of tickets, and i buy $10 worth. wouldnt i be expecting to win 10x as often as you, would it be fair to say i have a right to 10x as many wins? I see it the same with states. the states that buy more CHANCES get more wins.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1183 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2015, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't care which state wins, I only care that I haven't won. Every ticket has an equal chance of winning,  but states do not. It's statistically logical that the states with the largest ticket sales would have a higher percentage of winners, but me moving to those states doesn't make me any more likely to win.

As for the Right Honorable Usain St Leo Bolt, bitter lottery players should adopt his advice: "it doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish" "never stop believing and great things will happen". Usain had a snowball's chance in hell of being a great 100m athlete, according to statisticians and physicists. 16 gold medals later I've come to realize that if mathematicians can be so very very VERY wrong about Bolt, then they can be wrong about me winning. Bad odds are not the same thing as impossible odds.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2015, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't care which state wins, I only care that I haven't won. Every ticket has an equal chance of winning,  but states do not. It's statistically logical that the states with the largest ticket sales would have a higher percentage of winners, but me moving to those states doesn't make me any more likely to win.

As for the Right Honorable Usain St Leo Bolt, bitter lottery players should adopt his advice: "it doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish" "never stop believing and great things will happen". Usain had a snowball's chance in hell of being a great 100m athlete, according to statisticians and physicists. 16 gold medals later I've come to realize that if mathematicians can be so very very VERY wrong about Bolt, then they can be wrong about me winning. Bad odds are not the same thing as impossible odds.

Well said Teddi,  I tip my hat.

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2015, 6:10 pm - IP Logged
                      1. If those states were banned from MM & PB we'd see much larger jackpots.
                      2. If those states were banned from MM & PB, people from other states would finally have a fair shot at winning.
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4108 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged
                        1. If those states were banned from MM & PB we'd see much larger jackpots.
                        2. If those states were banned from MM & PB, people from other states would finally have a fair shot at winning.

Your post says a lot about your " State of Mind! "

Image result for worse has happened

Ah- l see our resident D*** heads are still smarting over being played, you asked for it. live with it.

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2015, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

LOL!  If every ticket has an equal chance of winning, why hasn't anywhere else except the usual places won? 

Since you bring up statistics that "states with the largest ticket sales would have more winners" rather contradicts the  "every ticket has an equal chance of winning"  excuse

The above is exactly how they trick people into thinking everyone has a fair chance.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #104962
                            January 23, 2011
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Your post says a lot about your " State of Mind! "

Image result for worse has happened

Ah- l see our resident D*** heads are still smarting over being played, you asked for it. live with it.

As does your post!  The fact that you pass people off as being D* heads...That ain't cool.  Is there anything that crosses your mind that isn't vulgar or insulting?

Trump 2016!

United States
                              Member #106134
                              February 13, 2011
                              806 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2015, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Pick one for me, they are morons to congratulate these a holes who screw us all over.  When I win I'll make sure to give each one of these states a real special shout out with my middle finger.  I'll give the same to the haters here.  When you give congrats to "winners" in these states you are condoning cheating because there's no way in hell these states can win so often.  Any winner in these states should be investigated HARD and have to prove they weren't running cheats before they can collect a prize.