Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is it so difficult for some to...

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maximumfun.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4105 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

As does your post!  The fact that you pass people off as being D* heads...That ain't cool.  Is there anything that crosses your mind that isn't vulgar or insulting?

l have no idea how good your memory is- but here goes....

You were the one who asked me a few weeks back to put you on ignore so that l did not have to " respond to your posts". Perhaps you recall / or hope not to remember your calling out democrats as being gullible etc. When l responded to your post, you got all upset . So what did l do- l decided to ignore any of the threads you start, honoring your request. Yet lo and behold, no sooner do l start a thread when you make an appearance, and believe you me, l have no problem with that, just as long as you are able to handle a response, but you want to cherry pick posts. Sorry, but if you lived in the real world, you would understand that you have to take the good along with the bad.  Frankly- l did not call you by name... a D* head, you responded to that because your conscience is working...for once. Btw- what l find insulting is having a " Hater's list".. there are quite a few members who have explained to you ad nauseam that having an opinion does not constitute hate.. but in your world apparently it does.

In truth, if l ever bumped into you and you identified yourself as " Pickone4me" l wouldn't mind sharing a Cheers  with you just to see if you function as off balanced in real life as you do here. As for the beer thing, you would be doing all the talking and  paying for the drinks as well. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

The answer to the question on the Op is envy, greed, and in some cases downright stupidity.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

LOL!  If every ticket has an equal chance of winning, why hasn't anywhere else except the usual places won? 

Since you bring up statistics that "states with the largest ticket sales would have more winners" rather contradicts the  "every ticket has an equal chance of winning"  excuse

The above is exactly how they trick people into thinking everyone has a fair chance.

ill try explain it. how many  combinations in the big draws  , ill use 200 mill as an example.  not correct but close enough.
      how many tickets are sold in   some states say  a high pop state vs a small pop state?  say 30 million sold vs 1 million sold.

now if a bell curve of those  picks  was drawn shown any sort of distribution there would be some  combinations that matched or had 5 numbers , and the  state selling 30 million tickets would  cover MORE combinations than state selling 1 million combinations. infacts the state selling 1 million in my example, would have a 1 in 200 chance of covering the winning numbers. and the state selling 30 million would have a 30 in 200 chance.

add to that some other high pop selling states and most of the time those states are going to collect the top prize.

all our draws here in australia are national now,. and my home state hardly ever gets a show as well,. im just peeved i didnt win. i dont care where the maggot who won lives. its just how games of chance work.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2015, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

The answer to the question on the Op is envy, greed, and in some cases downright stupidity.

I Agree!... But as the old saying goes Coin " You can take a horse to the water but you can't make it drink". One can throw out all the facts but...well you get the point. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2015, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

ill try explain it. how many  combinations in the big draws  , ill use 200 mill as an example.  not correct but close enough.
          how many tickets are sold in   some states say  a high pop state vs a small pop state?  say 30 million sold vs 1 million sold.

now if a bell curve of those  picks  was drawn shown any sort of distribution there would be some  combinations that matched or had 5 numbers , and the  state selling 30 million tickets would  cover MORE combinations than state selling 1 million combinations. infacts the state selling 1 million in my example, would have a 1 in 200 chance of covering the winning numbers. and the state selling 30 million would have a 30 in 200 chance.

add to that some other high pop selling states and most of the time those states are going to collect the top prize.

all our draws here in australia are national now,. and my home state hardly ever gets a show as well,. im just peeved i didnt win. i dont care where the maggot who won lives. its just how games of chance work.

Careful Savagegoose : Making sense can put you on fasttrack to getting on the " Hater's List."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5591 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2015, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Careful Savagegoose : Making sense can put you on fasttrack to getting on the " Hater's List."

Heck, if you make it on the "hater list" take pride in the fact you understand simple math.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
              Texas
              United States
              Member #150797
              December 31, 2013
              815 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2015, 7:41 am - IP Logged

With all that negativity, no wonder the Jackpot doesn't want to go to Wisconsin!

Have you ever heard of Positive Thinking and the Law of Attraction?  Being a winner starts inside your head.  Being a whiner starts there too.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                Member #164603
                March 8, 2015
                604 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2015, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

What are these cheats and how can I obtain a copy?

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10347 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2015, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

They are unicorns, Sie sind nicht echt

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40341 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Your post says a lot about your " State of Mind! "

Image result for worse has happened

Ah- l see our resident D*** heads are still smarting over being played, you asked for it. live with it.

rotflmao, love that caption.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4105 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2015, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Heck, if you make it on the "hater list" take pride in the fact you understand simple math.

l was surprised to find myself on the list before you buckeye, l guess your run in with him was not seen as a threat. Anyways don't despair, your wish could be granted soon enough. Just keep doing what you doing.....

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10347 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2015, 12:42 am - IP Logged

No matter what states the next PB and MM jackpots are won in, maybe the people who played them be travelers from NY, NJ, FL, CA!

Wink

Lep

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3854 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2015, 8:11 am - IP Logged

No matter what states the next PB and MM jackpots are won in, maybe the people who played them be travelers from NY, NJ, FL, CA!

Wink

I was thinking of traveling to Delaware today.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10347 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

There you go haymaker, plus you can be anonymous!

Lep

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2015, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

There you go haymaker, plus you can be anonymous!

Yea, I made the trip,

I got 6 advance draw PB W/PP my last PB tix.

Then after looking at the football parlay card and saying pass on that,

I returned to the counter and asked for 10 advance draw MM W/MP.

My wife didn't hear what I asked for but said "I want the same thing"

she doesn't play the MP but she has it now, so we have 2 lines for each of the next 10 draws.

Anonymous...yea...I'll take it.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.