Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Lottery Proposed Play at Pump Will Accept Credit Cards

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RedStang.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23218 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2015, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

PA needs to get its head out of its butt.

I'm about fed up with the tactics they're pulling lately. Raffle too many times per

year, instant tickets out each month - 5 to 6 to choose from, restructure of games that

were fun odds-wise but which are now as bad as other big games....bringing new games

out which are similar to other states and calling it 'what the people want' and now this

garbage. The greed factor is thorough the roof.

The latest raffle was a bust for them: no sell out. Good for them.

It makes me sick they're bouncing around the idea of tickets at the pump. They don't care about

problems. They care about how to sell more tickets as do many states but when a state tries to use

what"s fun for the player in place of what's profitable for themselves and doesn't do it convincingly, it's

too clear and disappointing what the bottom line is.....money, any way they can make it.

Lottery is supposed to be fun. Effective selling involves satisfied customers, PA is falling short.

Player satisfaction is down and introduction of ways to make purchases easy just seem like another

way to hoodwink and deceive. I hate to think of the elderly with this new process...strike that...ANYONE

as a matter of fact...something new takes time to learn. Try fixing an error at the pump. In the rushed

atmosphere of get it quick, pay for it quick, get in the car and go..how many are going to say: 'Ah the heck

with the mistake....I don't have time to fix it'....? Believe me, they know this and it works to their benefit.

I for one will NEVER do a purchase at the pump. Bad, bad idea PA.

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5142 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2015, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

ALERT.....ALERT.....ALERT.....ALERTHiding Behind Computer

check your lottery CC balance now!!!!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4574 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

1; consider lottery home subscriptions

2: gift cards or reloadable cards

3: cc's too easy to steal info

4: uncle sam need not know of the 500$ winnings thru out the year. 

5: play with cash, get paid with cash. 

6: play with credit... and kiss the funds goodbye... someone will find away to get your funds... they do it already with bank cards... no thanks.

7: quick pick only. quick lose often.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
        Member #161539
        December 3, 2014
        328 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2015, 3:37 am - IP Logged

1; consider lottery home subscriptions

2: gift cards or reloadable cards

3: cc's too easy to steal info

4: uncle sam need not know of the 500$ winnings thru out the year. 

5: play with cash, get paid with cash. 

6: play with credit... and kiss the funds goodbye... someone will find away to get your funds... they do it already with bank cards... no thanks.

7: quick pick only. quick lose often.

GG ... you make a good point about small wins of $599 or is it $600 being "tax free" and anything under those amounts like $500 ... you walk out with your cash and no records.

Buying tickets at the pump or online someday ... if that happens ... what if a person had lots of "small wins" totaling $800 or $1,500 ... would you have to declare al those "small win" totals at the end of the year for taxes. Everything is recorded and there is a year-end total.

I like the "cash only" thinking and no records ... except of course for a large jackpot win.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4574 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2015, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

GG ... you make a good point about small wins of $599 or is it $600 being "tax free" and anything under those amounts like $500 ... you walk out with your cash and no records.

Buying tickets at the pump or online someday ... if that happens ... what if a person had lots of "small wins" totaling $800 or $1,500 ... would you have to declare al those "small win" totals at the end of the year for taxes. Everything is recorded and there is a year-end total.

I like the "cash only" thinking and no records ... except of course for a large jackpot win.

you are correct Crazy wombat thanks for catching that- its 600 or less. 

And yes anything over that is taxable wins by the feds. So if PA does go by way of credit deposits, a record will be kept and you can pretty much be guaranteed  Uncle Sam will expect his lions share. 

Just thought of something....If they are promoting Group pools, then that one person will get nailed if they are the ones buying the tickets thru the Gas Pump for the group....Something to think about for those that are silly enough to go into those pools..... 

My personal view is if its my money, I should get the choice of the numbers....Not a fan of QP's...

they now have a sign on our lottery machines that any misprint or malfunctions can NOT be reprinted! Augh....so tired of them coming up with new policies without taking into  consideration that malfunctions are THEIR problem, NOT the customers!!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3159 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2015, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I was going to try one of these in NC until i saw the word fee. I'd also like to know what happens if the machine screws up because you know peter patel won't come out to help you especially when it's zero outside.

United States
              Member #161539
              December 3, 2014
              328 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2015, 5:24 am - IP Logged

I was going to try one of these in NC until i saw the word fee. I'd also like to know what happens if the machine screws up because you know peter patel won't come out to help you especially when it's zero outside.

Just curious ... do you remember ... what was the fee for playing a $1 ticket?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                23218 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2015, 8:41 am - IP Logged

lol P.P won't come out when it's 78 degrees: it's your  fault and you're  trying to rip him

off. Let's not stop at Peter though, chances are Jill, Tim, Dana Steph, John..etc, won't

want to come out either because they won't know how to fix it and will have to wait for

a manager to show up....which is probably next shift or next day and by then, most people 

will just be frustrated and leave.

This seemingly easy does it purchase ability stinks in a lot of ways. A poster talked about 

fees, that's reason enough to avoid it. Another is information collection...who needs it?

A sinister picture comes to mind with this proposed plan....a smiling, happy chap, one hand

outstretched holding a lollipop and the other hand behind his back holding an axe.

Buyer Beware if this ever comes to PA.

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3159 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2015, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Just curious ... do you remember ... what was the fee for playing a $1 ticket?