Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you consider moving abroad if you won either jackpot?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 12 months ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2015, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Canada Perhaps- or would you stay put and ride " whatever" out?

** Have a Great rest of the week, easy on the bird & gravy Thursday. Have a wonderful weekend & stay Healthy while you at it. I know that's a lot to ask for,  but the forum has confidence that you can do it. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1408 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2015, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

When you win a big jackpot, the world is your oyster. Why would you then want to live in only one country? I'll make the States my base, but you can find me in any part of the world that my little heart desires. That's what jackpots are for.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

** Have a Great rest of the week, easy on the bird & gravy Thursday. Have a wonderful weekend & stay Healthy while you at it. I know that's a lot to ask for,  but the forum has confidence that you can do it. 

stay put.  no matter where I go - there I am.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4102 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

When you win a big jackpot, the world is your oyster. Why would you then want to live in only one country? I'll make the States my base, but you can find me in any part of the world that my little heart desires. That's what jackpots are for.

" Make the States my Base"..sounds good while you expose your palate to different foods from around the world.

Very Creative Mpm.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4102 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

stay put.  no matter where I go - there I am.

Aah, now that's Deep Maxim. 

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1408 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2015, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

" Make the States my Base"..sounds good while you expose your palate to different foods from around the world.

Very Creative Mpm.

Thumbs UpFor sure.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
              Member #169277
              October 10, 2015
              630 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't see taking up residence in any other country.   I'm not even sure how much I'd want to travel, right now I'm not very interested, but imagine that could possibly change.

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4102 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

lol..

l heard that he let it slip awhile ago that he was actually Chilean or from Venezuela.Maybe that is why it's all very confusing because when someone says l am from South America, " some" look at it as One Country. 

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40262 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2015, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Wink I would consider sending others away.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2015, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Wow, doesn't do much for credibility on your part. Puerto Rico is a US Territory and Hawaii has been a state since 1959.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2015, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Aah, now that's Deep Maxim. 

piled higher & deeper.  :)  But I really like Sully's response!

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                        Greenville, SC
                        United States
                        Member #169870
                        November 4, 2015
                        374 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2015, 3:37 am - IP Logged

It is my plan to move out of the United States.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5588 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2015, 8:23 am - IP Logged

I have often thought of moving out of the country even if I don't win a jackpot. Just not anywhere in Europe.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7295 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2015, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

You're correct, Mexico and Canada are foreign countries, but I doubt the people living in Detroit will say they are "going abroad" when going to Windsor. 

Future taxes is not a problem when jackpot winners take the cash, but what about the annuity people; could they move to another country and avoid paying US and state taxes on their payments?

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4102 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2015, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

You're correct, Mexico and Canada are foreign countries, but I doubt the people living in Detroit will say they are "going abroad" when going to Windsor. 

Future taxes is not a problem when jackpot winners take the cash, but what about the annuity people; could they move to another country and avoid paying US and state taxes on their payments?

If the country you move to has a different President than the one in your home country- you are Abroad.   * l think.