Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you consider moving abroad if you won either jackpot?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 1 year ago by savagegoose.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2015, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Paradise. 

Paradise controlled by a bunch of self serving, corrupt and incompetent politicians. 

Also known as JamRock. Home to the legendary Bob Marley and the Right Honorable Usain Bolt.

Aah Teddi- Wonderful country,  it's on my travel list regardless of whether l win a substantial amount or not.You are right,  Usain Bolt is a rare breed of an athlete, especially for his height. I recall reading where so called experts were saying no one that tall should be running that fast.My Mother was an athlete in her youth and l remember her calling me to watch a late 30 something female athlete from Jamaica win medals in Sydney- The one & only Merlene Ottey.She was fast.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40511 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2015, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

My husband said there are a couple broads that need to be shipped out of the country, I think he means my sisters and I.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1183 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2015, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Aah Teddi- Wonderful country,  it's on my travel list regardless of whether l win a substantial amount or not.You are right,  Usain Bolt is a rare breed of an athlete, especially for his height. I recall reading where so called experts were saying no one that tall should be running that fast.My Mother was an athlete in her youth and l remember her calling me to watch a late 30 something female athlete from Jamaica win medals in Sydney- The one & only Merlene Ottey.She was fast.

Coach Mills is a genius. He rewrote a how a 50 year old standard of how a 200m race should be run, and the rest, as they say, is history. 

I remember the numerous American coaches, athletes, biophysics experts saying there go those crazy Jamaicans again. First they got a bobsled team, and now they're putting a 6'5" man with scoliosis in a 100m race. They had a good laugh, saying that by the time Bolt got all his bulk out of the blocks the race would be over. 

After 7 world records, 5 Olympic records and about a couple dozen meeting records, many have been training in Jamaica and/or copying Coach Mills' techniques. 

Not really the most logical thing to tell people who thrive on competition that they can't do something or that they're idiots. Because we will do something idiotic just to prove that it can be done. The fact that there's a bobsled team should have clued them in on that. ROFL

As for Merlene, she was a treasure. 9 Olympic and 14 Championship medals. 

Hopefully I'll win the lottery and be able to attend the 2016 Rio Olympics. Banana

"wi likkle but wi tallawah" = we may be small but we are strong

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        612 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2015, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I think I would travel for the first year after my check cleared and just see every part of the world I wanted to see.

Probably 1-2 weeks each and after that take a look at which place I liked most and then stay there for a longer time. Of the top of my head I could see Hawai'i and New Zealand being places like that.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          555 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I would stay in US and travel a lot.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            935 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Please tell me you are a Hockey fan.

Well actually no. I prefer water sports where if I fall off my kayak I wont hurt myself lol.  Just give me water.

Thinking of...

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2015, 6:06 am - IP Logged

I hear the tax shelters in the islands are pretty sweet this time of year, JACKPOT time of year that is.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297