Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you hide lottery tickets from your spouse?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 1 year ago by veganlife125.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
Member #106923
February 27, 2011
479 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2015, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Yes Nod What Jim said. 

You already know she'd have a problem with you spending that much on tickets. Then you compound that by hiding it from her. I'm not sure how you guys do your finances, but yeah, if I were you I'd sleep with one eye open and start the car remotely for a while after she finds out. No Nod

Maybe you can get out of this unscathed if you banked some serious hubby credits. Be excessively romantic between now and when she finds out. That might just keep you out of the woodchipper. LOL

OMG! Eek  I never thought about the wood chipper being the source of revenge!  YIKES!!!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1419 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2015, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

OMG! Eek  I never thought about the wood chipper being the source of revenge!  YIKES!!!

ScaredHell hath no fury like a .................scorned.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2015, 3:17 am - IP Logged

"am confident I can hit the jackpot."

You're what better informed people call overconfident.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1277 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2015, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Wow you people make me out to be a cad.  LOL!  Its not that big of a deal...Really.  Just thought I'd bring up the subject.  I know I'm not alone.

Never give up.  Banana

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
          Member #142777
          May 18, 2013
          263 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2015, 10:01 am - IP Logged

If my wife found out how much I spend on the lottery she'd kill me.  LOL!  I have a newly developed system and am confident I can hit the jackpot.  I play Supercash and run the same ticket 5 times every day.  6 of 6 pays out 350K, 5 X 350K = $1,750,000...Even if I hit 5 of 6 that would be $2,500!  If I hit the jackpot I'll post my strategy here.

Look. Just walk in and wave the tickets around proudly.  If you get any lip just take away the credit cards for a month or two!Big Grin 

Id like to have the power to force those words out of Mr. Hen Peck's mouth toward Mrs. Rooster and then give him control back and watch the results! Banana

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #169277
            October 10, 2015
            630 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2015, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Wow you people make me out to be a cad.  LOL!  Its not that big of a deal...Really.  Just thought I'd bring up the subject.  I know I'm not alone.

" I know I'm not alone."

And it's not just here. I've been on other hobby-related boards, and sooner or later someone says 'how do I hide the all the new _______ I'm collecting from my spouse, I don't want him/her to know how much I'm spending'. Doesn't matter if it's audio gear, flashlights (yes there are flashlight collectors), whatever. 

Those threads always remnd me that I'm happy to be single. 

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
              Member #142499
              May 13, 2013
              1203 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2015, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Nah. Being completely sincere I like this thread and I like your comments, and your wife probably will have a good sense of humor about this if you win. When I say that, I'm assuming you aren't spending your retirement or emergency savings funds on this. But just in case her sense of humor goes on hiatus when she finds out, it never hurts to bank those hubby points. Just saying...LOL

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                479 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Almost everyone has some sort of vice, per the opinion of someone else. I learned long ago not to throw stones at glass houses because, indeed, mine is also made of glass.  I do, however, occasionally throw pebbles at friends windows!   Big Smile

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162434
                  January 2, 2015
                  939 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

"am confident I can hit the jackpot."

You're what better informed people call overconfident.

Odd, comment to say when we hear all the time

'you can do anything you set your mind to"

and 100 other like phrases.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4144 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2015, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Hide tickets; Secrets dealing with money?.. Nope!. You go down that road, next thing you know you accused of having an affair.Just Don't Do it!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                      Member #141034
                      April 2, 2013
                      1419 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2015, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you spend a thousand bucks on the lottery, give her a thousand bucks in cash. If you can't afford to do that, then you have no business doing it. When she finds out{and yes she will eventually find out}, she has every right to amputate your third leg figuratively speaking.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
                        Member #142777
                        May 18, 2013
                        263 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2015, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you spend a thousand bucks on the lottery, give her a thousand bucks in cash. If you can't afford to do that, then you have no business doing it. When she finds out{and yes she will eventually find out}, she has every right to amputate your third leg figuratively speaking.

Yes mypiemaster she would always find you out.  However, when she's out spending that $1000 in the middle of the day while your at work well lets just say you will never find out.Big Grin

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1203 Posts
                          Posted: November 29, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes mypiemaster she would always find you out.  However, when she's out spending that $1000 in the middle of the day while your at work well lets just say you will never find out.Big Grin

What century do you think you're in right now? Which wife do you know of that's out spending thousands of dollars in the middle of the day while DH is at work? Your other comment was similar to this so I know this isn't a fluke. Newsflash, this isn't yesteryear. Most women have a job outside of the home now. They don't spend their days shopping on the husband's tab nor do they spend it on the couch eating bon bons. 2015 and we're still dealing with this misogynistic crap.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1203 Posts
                            Posted: November 29, 2015, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Hide tickets; Secrets dealing with money?.. Nope!. You go down that road, next thing you know you accused of having an affair.Just Don't Do it!

ROFLMAO! I didn't even think of that one. It's a good point. Hide one thing and you might get accused of hiding something else. On the plus side though, he may get a free pass when she finds out he's hiding tickets instead of another woman, so this may still work out in his favor.

United States
                              Member #142777
                              May 18, 2013
                              263 Posts
                              Posted: November 29, 2015, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

What century do you think you're in right now? Which wife do you know of that's out spending thousands of dollars in the middle of the day while DH is at work? Your other comment was similar to this so I know this isn't a fluke. Newsflash, this isn't yesteryear. Most women have a job outside of the home now. They don't spend their days shopping on the husband's tab nor do they spend it on the couch eating bon bons. 2015 and we're still dealing with this misogynistic crap.

I only took your credit card away for a month babe.  Words like "misogynistic" show competitive weakness on your part so now im docking you two months.  Pray i don't alter the deal further.   As far as wives i know alot of them but you missed the point.  It don't take a $1000 to get a room in the middle of the day.Wink

As far as time frames you referenced ill bring us back to the 1980's.  Capitalism, Higher Interest Rates, Heavy Metal Music, Real Man Stock Car Racing, Real Man Football, Savers over Spenders, Liberals Smashed, Conservatism Reigns, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Larry Bird, And Ronald Reagan Baby!   Anyone using words with "ism" were weaklings to be laughed at.Big Grin

Sounds like a job for DONALD TRUMP 2016! Banana