Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you hide lottery tickets from your spouse?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 12 months ago by veganlife125.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
Member #106923
February 27, 2011
476 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2015, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Hide tickets; Secrets dealing with money?.. Nope!. You go down that road, next thing you know you accused of having an affair.Just Don't Do it!

"What's going on? Um, what do you mean hun?  You know? You know everything? But.. But.. You noticed I was hiding stuff, shredding papers and being secretive and all.  But it's not like you think.  I was doing it for us, to better our lives.  What do you mean how can an affair better our lives?  Affair?  What affair, I mean, yeah, that's it, an affair.  That is what I have been hiding from you.  I am so sorry.  Let's work this out... but first I've gotta run to the store, it's almost ten."

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4107 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

"What's going on? Um, what do you mean hun?  You know? You know everything? But.. But.. You noticed I was hiding stuff, shredding papers and being secretive and all.  But it's not like you think.  I was doing it for us, to better our lives.  What do you mean how can an affair better our lives?  Affair?  What affair, I mean, yeah, that's it, an affair.  That is what I have been hiding from you.  I am so sorry.  Let's work this out... but first I've gotta run to the store, it's almost ten."

Good One JimSmile..( Depending on where you live/ related to the following)

My first response came off a commercial for State Farm * l think.

This guy is in his pyjamas on the phone  at 2.00am, the wife is at the top of the stairs looking down on him and he says to the person on the line " You can do that? Yeah l like that". The wife shouts out " Who you talking to? ".. His response " Jake from State Farm." She takes the phone and says " What are you wearing Jake from State Farm? " His response " Khakis." What l was implying is that keeping secrets from the spouse can be  detrimental to a marriage,  especially when it involves money.You spend money that could be used for other needed essentials, you dooming a marriage. There have been cases where one partner has used the rent/ mortgage payment on lottery tickets instead, you know where I am going with this...enough said. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40421 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Wow you people make me out to be a cad.  LOL!  Its not that big of a deal...Really.  Just thought I'd bring up the subject.  I know I'm not alone.

You're alright, I confess, I hide Dove Ice Cream bars from my hubby.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        604 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

I only took your credit card away for a month babe.  Words like "misogynistic" show competitive weakness on your part so now im docking you two months.  Pray i don't alter the deal further.   As far as wives i know alot of them but you missed the point.  It don't take a $1000 to get a room in the middle of the day.Wink

As far as time frames you referenced ill bring us back to the 1980's.  Capitalism, Higher Interest Rates, Heavy Metal Music, Real Man Stock Car Racing, Real Man Football, Savers over Spenders, Liberals Smashed, Conservatism Reigns, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Larry Bird, And Ronald Reagan Baby!   Anyone using words with "ism" were weaklings to be laughed at.Big Grin

Sounds like a job for DONALD TRUMP 2016! Banana 

And here I thought vegans were zen because of all that... veganism.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4107 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

You're alright, I confess, I hide Dove Ice Cream bars from my hubby.

Dove ice cream bars Sully? -last ate one years ago. l benched those & went after Haagen dazs, it's the nuts on top that gets me going.What can l say, it pays to go nutty at times.. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40421 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Dove ice cream bars Sully? -last ate one years ago. l benched those & went after Haagen dazs, it's the nuts on top that gets me going.What can l say, it pays to go nutty at times.. 

My secret weakness, love those things.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4107 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2015, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

My secret weakness, love those things.

Any Cold Stone Creamery stores  in your neck of the woods?

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2015, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Odd, comment to say when we hear all the time

'you can do anything you set your mind to"

and 100 other like phrases.

So why haven't you won the lottery yet? Just too weak-minded, or is it because there are far more than 100 clichés and phrases that aren't true?

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1182 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:15 am - IP Logged

I only took your credit card away for a month babe.  Words like "misogynistic" show competitive weakness on your part so now im docking you two months.  Pray i don't alter the deal further.   As far as wives i know alot of them but you missed the point.  It don't take a $1000 to get a room in the middle of the day.Wink

As far as time frames you referenced ill bring us back to the 1980's.  Capitalism, Higher Interest Rates, Heavy Metal Music, Real Man Stock Car Racing, Real Man Football, Savers over Spenders, Liberals Smashed, Conservatism Reigns, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Larry Bird, And Ronald Reagan Baby!   Anyone using words with "ism" were weaklings to be laughed at.Big Grin

Sounds like a job for DONALD TRUMP 2016! Banana 

Thanks, the last line says everything I need to know about you. And now everything is made clear.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                    Green Bay
                    United States
                    Member #169391
                    October 15, 2015
                    1244 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2015, 4:30 am - IP Logged

So why haven't you won the lottery yet? Just too weak-minded, or is it because there are far more than 100 clichés and phrases that aren't true?

Tell that to Verln Adamson, he won Supercash twice.  Once in 2008 then again earlier this year.  The first time he ran his ticket 4 times then in Feb he ran it 3 times.  He claims to have a mathematical calculation that improves the odds but he won't tell anyone what it is.  Sometimes persistence is rewarded.

Never give up.  Banana

Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #162434
                      January 2, 2015
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2015, 5:43 am - IP Logged

wow, so having a simple conversation about this with you puts in you 'attack mode' - Ok, learned my lesson - no responses to KY Floyd comments. 

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

It was just a simple question. If you can do anything by putting your mind to it but haven't won the lottery yet, then what could possibly be preventing you from winning other than something to do with your mind?  Of course there are alternative explanations, and I asked about one of them. I'm thinking it has to be one of those two possibilities (I'm discounting the possibility that you can do it with mind control but just haven't bothered), but if you think there are even more possibilities I'll consider them.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Tell that to Verln Adamson, he won Supercash twice.  Once in 2008 then again earlier this year.  The first time he ran his ticket 4 times then in Feb he ran it 3 times.  He claims to have a mathematical calculation that improves the odds but he won't tell anyone what it is.  Sometimes persistence is rewarded.

"He claims to have"

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he actually believes it, but that doesn't make it true.

New York
                            United States
                            Member #157288
                            July 14, 2014
                            170 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2015, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has their vice yours may be Lotto but she has hers as well. As long as you can pay your bills I don't see the problem in playing but some might say keeping it a secret is wrong.

Use these lines when telling her:

"Honey I'm doing it for US"

"When WE win..."

Besides I guarantee she'll be the first in line when you hit and a supportive spouse is less likely to be replaced with a newer, younger, less opinionated model (I joke I Joke).

United States
                              Member #106134
                              February 13, 2011
                              806 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2015, 8:31 am - IP Logged

She doesn't like me playing at all because she knows what would happen if I ever won.

She'd get divorced so fast it would make her head spin.  Yeah, she'd probably get half but I don't care, I'd pay any amount of $ necessary to be free.