Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you define " Luck" when it comes to winning the lottery?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 1 year ago by jjtheprince.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49767 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2015, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Something I need more of. Hyper

You have to be careful what you ask for!

Because their are three types of Luck: Good Luck, Bad Luck, and No Luck at All!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40511 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

You have to be careful what you ask for!

Because their are three types of Luck: Good Luck, Bad Luck, and No Luck at All!

Good Point, need some Good luck.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49767 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2015, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Good Point, need some Good luck.

Oh Yeah! I Agree!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #165541
        April 12, 2015
        545 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2015, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

For Entertainment Purposes Only ***

Not the dictionary' s  definition, but yours? Do you think that some people are predisposed to win the lottery or is it as some folks * meself included advocate" Being in the right place at the right time?". One of the member's signature says " Luck favors the prepared"..cute, but are we not all prepared or do you think you are totally unprepared to win? Thoughts anyone?

- Have a Great Week People & as always : Stay Healthy while you at it! 

Not the dictionary' s  definition, but yours?

Its very convenient for you to create your own rules isn't it?

I get heckled by you and your alien succubus boyfriend for using the word "abroad" correctly.

Google Merriam Websters.  Generally if you have to cross a large body of water then you are going abroad. I don't have to be going to France.

I have more credibility in my little finger as a lottery player, then you have in your entire state.  And I have more crediblity as a lottery player then the star system of your A.S.B.

I also have more luck. I am also a lot smarter and BETTER looking!!!!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2015, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot = Crazy, wacky, insane luck. 

My lucky fairy godmother is semi-retired, out sick alot and doesn't take messages.    Crazy

BobP

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #165541
            April 12, 2015
            545 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Great thread btw! I meant to give you five stars, but my mouse slipped.  Please dont take it personal.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2015, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Not the dictionary' s  definition, but yours?

Its very convenient for you to create your own rules isn't it?

I get heckled by you and your alien succubus boyfriend for using the word "abroad" correctly.

Google Merriam Websters.  Generally if you have to cross a large body of water then you are going abroad. I don't have to be going to France.

I have more credibility in my little finger as a lottery player, then you have in your entire state.  And I have more crediblity as a lottery player then the star system of your A.S.B.

I also have more luck. I am also a lot smarter and BETTER looking!!!!

It is very convenient for me to create my own rules regarding this particular topic...why? because l started this thread.Why would l want people to quote the dictionary's definition when l can look it up myself? l want to engage people in a conversation, l want to know what lies within, not for them to  cut and paste information from other sources. I know that l did not insult you although you seem to think l did.

First rule of thumb " Smart Guy" is if you want to join in a conversation whether in person or in a forum, attempt to at least get along with people instead of bragging about how smart you are, how good looking you are. People who are good looking don't have to tell people that they are- people know it.You don't read of Brad Pitt saying how much more good looking he was in his youth, neither do you read of Irina Shayk saying how beautiful she is.

l can see why some have decided to call you TinKitty.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2015, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Merriam Webster

First listed def.
                abroad
                adverb or adjective

in or to a foreign country

So if someone who says they are going abroad to Hawaii and that same person tells you they know a lot about beating the lottery........
                Green laugh

Also makes one wonder if all those people in Michigan who go from lower Michigan to the UP know they're going 'abroad', according to some, anyway.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2015, 8:27 am - IP Logged

As I have always said, there are players that it's WAY too easy to win, and others could never win.

Any jackpot winner can go up and buy more tickets and win any time at will.

Myself on the other hand, let's say PB and MM were to continue as games for the next 250,000,000 years with drawings twice a week per week.  I could hypothetically buy 100,000,000 tickets per drawing for 100,000,000 years and probably never even win a 5+0.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5603 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2015, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Merriam Webster

First listed def.
                    abroad
                    adverb or adjective

in or to a foreign country

So if someone who says they are going abroad to Hawaii and that same person tells you they know a lot about beating the lottery........
                    Green laugh

Also makes one wonder if all those people in Michigan who go from lower Michigan to the UP know they're going 'abroad', according to some, anyway.

This has become one of those threads that's entertaining to read.

ROFL

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4108 Posts
                      Posted: December 4, 2015, 9:35 am - IP Logged

As I have always said, there are players that it's WAY too easy to win, and others could never win.

Any jackpot winner can go up and buy more tickets and win any time at will.

Myself on the other hand, let's say PB and MM were to continue as games for the next 250,000,000 years with drawings twice a week per week.  I could hypothetically buy 100,000,000 tickets per drawing for 100,000,000 years and probably never even win a 5+0.

1. So you still going to be around 100,000,000 years from now Prince? You could have done the decent thing by at least telling the forum that you are immortal. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: December 4, 2015, 11:31 am - IP Logged
                        1. So you still going to be around 100,000,000 years from now Prince? You could have done the decent thing by at least telling the forum that you are immortal. 

Yes, I have decided I'm not going to die before winning which would mean I'd be immortal! LOL