Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When I hit a jackpot I will...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 months ago by GGStarlings.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Hire a chauffeur for my eldest daughter... who is auto accident-prone.  Since high school, the past 17 years, she's had many accidents, which were mostly her fault, but not all.  This morning she hit BLACK ICE on the country road that she travels to make her commute to work.  ROLLOVER!  She is lucky to be alive.

So now I know, when anyone asks me "what would you do with a jackpot win?", I have a quick answer.  CHAUFFEUR! And the Chauffeur will drive her to my posh Jackpot Party... where we will plan on spending money in many silly ways, to celebrate her being alive.  Smile

What about you?  What would be a high priority purchase?

La Maga Della Spaziometria

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    939 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2015, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Hire a chauffeur for my eldest daughter... who is auto accident-prone.  Since high school, the past 17 years, she's had many accidents, which were mostly her fault, but not all.  This morning she hit BLACK ICE on the country road that she travels to make her commute to work.  ROLLOVER!  She is lucky to be alive.

So now I know, when anyone asks me "what would you do with a jackpot win?", I have a quick answer.  CHAUFFEUR! And the Chauffeur will drive her to my posh Jackpot Party... where we will plan on spending money in many silly ways, to celebrate her being alive.  Smile

i am glad your daughter is ok.  Black ice or any ice is pretty scary.  Watching the local news and experiencing other drivers in the Pacific Northwest, its a wonder there aren't more accidents.  Oh and then add in pot smoking drivers and you have the perfect combo for disasters.  The streets are ice laden, accidents waiting to happen.

My high priority when I win?  Get outta Dodge and hit warmer temperatures while I decide where to move, get the legal work started, set up a time and place to gather what little family I have for a celebratory dinner (complete with wish lists) lol.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
      Member #106923
      February 27, 2011
      478 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2015, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Win, I mean when, I hit the jackpot I will, of course, call Todd Northrup, invite him (and a sidekick) for an all expenses paid trip to where ever I am for the only interview I will ever give... No video, photography, or audio of me personally, unless cast in the shadows with voice alteration.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

i am glad your daughter is ok.  Black ice or any ice is pretty scary.  Watching the local news and experiencing other drivers in the Pacific Northwest, its a wonder there aren't more accidents.  Oh and then add in pot smoking drivers and you have the perfect combo for disasters.  The streets are ice laden, accidents waiting to happen.

My high priority when I win?  Get outta Dodge and hit warmer temperatures while I decide where to move, get the legal work started, set up a time and place to gather what little family I have for a celebratory dinner (complete with wish lists) lol.

Hey there, Lejardin ~  I hear you on the ice and the Pacific Northwest.  My daughter is in Oregon and in her area there is always a high black ice risk every winter. 

So pot-smoking drivers... let me add texting/ smart phone-checking drivers? 

Getting outta Dodge for a warmer climate sounds very attractive.  We're on continual temps in the teens here.  2 or 3 layers of clothing is about the way it's going around here.

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2015, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Win, I mean when, I hit the jackpot I will, of course, call Todd Northrup, invite him (and a sidekick) for an all expenses paid trip to where ever I am for the only interview I will ever give... No video, photography, or audio of me personally, unless cast in the shadows with voice alteration.

OK, but can you give us a keyword/ code word so we'll know it's you when that big interview hits the air?  Wink

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
            Member #106923
            February 27, 2011
            478 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

OK, but can you give us a keyword/ code word so we'll know it's you when that big interview hits the air?  Wink

Sure, GG.  The code will be "Yule log".  Cool

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3052 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

My mother is dead set on getting her half  of the jackpot so I will pony up her half and spend my half how I want too.-weshar75

US Flag

Idaho
                United States
                Member #76087
                June 18, 2009
                859 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Sure, GG.  The code will be "Yule log".  Cool

[grabbing notebook and pen]   YULE LOG.... 

Got it!  Thanks for that top secret code.  My lips are sealed.  Cool

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #76087
                  June 18, 2009
                  859 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

My mother is dead set on getting her half  of the jackpot so I will pony up her half and spend my half how I want too.-weshar75

US Flag

Good plan.  When Mama ain't happy.... Wink

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2659 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

sorry to read about your daughter's rollover .....

I've been in my share of fender benders and put a car on it's side once

not fun !!

my advice to you would be to peruse the toys at Govplanet or check your local craigslist and keep a sharp eye out for a bobtailed deuce or old kaiser jeep jejeje

also at The Samba classifieds  aka the other dumping ground for all things early air cooled VW you might check out the few class 5 baja bugs.... some even have built in roll cages  hehehehe

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #76087
                      June 18, 2009
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

sorry to read about your daughter's rollover .....

I've been in my share of fender benders and put a car on it's side once

not fun !!

my advice to you would be to peruse the toys at Govplanet or check your local craigslist and keep a sharp eye out for a bobtailed deuce or old kaiser jeep jejeje

also at The Samba classifieds  aka the other dumping ground for all things early air cooled VW you might check out the few class 5 baja bugs.... some even have built in roll cages  hehehehe

Built-in roll cages!  haha Shocked

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        478 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2015, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Sorry for the misspelled last name Todd.  It's all the pressure from the upcoming media.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40564 Posts
                          Posted: December 29, 2015, 6:21 am - IP Logged

I am glad your daughter is okay GG, my 16 year old is learning to drive, arrrrgh....how did they grow up so fast?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40564 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2015, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Yule Log, got that.

Dream list.

Season tickets to Detroit Red Wings.

Hired help to do all cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, leaf raking, snow shoveling, car washing, dog doo scooping, gutter cleaning, laundry technician, floor maintenance.

I'm sure there's more, but it's early.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #150797
                              December 31, 2013
                              815 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2015, 7:32 am - IP Logged

Private jet!  Not buy--just hire when I need one.

Currently we take our pets on a couple of long car trips every year and its hard on them and hard on us, but I refuse to fly 'cause they won't allow the animals in the cabin.  After my jackpot win, it will be chauffeured limo to the airport, private jet with the pets to destination, then met by another limo.  Four hours instead of 4 days.  Easy peasy, no stress.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein