Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When I hit a jackpot I will...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 months ago by GGStarlings.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2015, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Glad your daughter is ok GG!  I had a rollover once too.  T-boned by a woman who was arrested at the scene because they found pot in the car.  I don't know if she was high or not.  But she was uninsured.  I walked away unharmed thank goodness, but I still had to deal with all the stress.

Hmmm something outrageous I'd do if I won a jackpot.  Buy a loge box on the 50 yard line to watch the Broncos?  That's not very outrageous, is it.  I can't think of anything completely stupid that I really want to do or have.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
    Greenville, SC
    United States
    Member #169870
    November 4, 2015
    374 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2015, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I saw a really bad trucking accident happen right in front of me and I was almost a part of it. Never seen a truck jackknife or rollover. I saw them both in the same accident. A set of doubles jacked knife off to the right past the shoulder and the other truck rolled over at least once and covered up most of I-39 (Illinois). I had to go a little off the road on the left side to get by. We were on black ice but you couldn't tell. Barely got by that one couldn't hit the breaks. Me and my student at the time got out to help out. I'm still traumatized from the accident. Not happy about driving this winter. This is my first winter since that accident which happened in 2013. I was at home most of 2014.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2015, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Private jet!  Not buy--just hire when I need one.

Currently we take our pets on a couple of long car trips every year and its hard on them and hard on us, but I refuse to fly 'cause they won't allow the animals in the cabin.  After my jackpot win, it will be chauffeured limo to the airport, private jet with the pets to destination, then met by another limo.  Four hours instead of 4 days.  Easy peasy, no stress.

Yup, I would join Netjets or something like that, but have the limo take me to a rental car, I like driving.

Yup, I'd have my dogs w/me also !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2015, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I am glad your daughter is okay GG, my 16 year old is learning to drive, arrrrgh....how did they grow up so fast?

Thanks Sully.  Good luck with that 16 year old!  I have a 17 year old son, will graduate this coming spring, and he still has no desire to drive.  To that I just think - ???   When I was 16 I couldn't wait to get a car.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2015, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Yule Log, got that.

Dream list.

Season tickets to Detroit Red Wings.

Hired help to do all cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, leaf raking, snow shoveling, car washing, dog doo scooping, gutter cleaning, laundry technician, floor maintenance.

I'm sure there's more, but it's early.

Hired Help - YES!  Yes and DOUBLE YES on that.  Housework, yard work, the multitude of tasks that keep me jumping up from my lottery desk.  I just want to work on charts.  Did Mozart have to be troubled with such daily distractions?

Unhappy

Idaho
            United States
            Member #76087
            June 18, 2009
            859 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2015, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Private jet!  Not buy--just hire when I need one.

Currently we take our pets on a couple of long car trips every year and its hard on them and hard on us, but I refuse to fly 'cause they won't allow the animals in the cabin.  After my jackpot win, it will be chauffeured limo to the airport, private jet with the pets to destination, then met by another limo.  Four hours instead of 4 days.  Easy peasy, no stress.

Ohhhh, PRIVATE JET - yes!!  Wouldn't that be grand.  Four hours instead of 4 days really does sound better. Cheers

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              935 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2015, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Hey there, Lejardin ~  I hear you on the ice and the Pacific Northwest.  My daughter is in Oregon and in her area there is always a high black ice risk every winter. 

So pot-smoking drivers... let me add texting/ smart phone-checking drivers? 

Getting outta Dodge for a warmer climate sounds very attractive.  We're on continual temps in the teens here.  2 or 3 layers of clothing is about the way it's going around here.

You are so right GG, hand held cell phone calls and texting is illegal but sure doesnt stop people.  It takes hitting your own family for people to wake up otherwise "it always happens to someone else" syndrome.

I was told I would probably like Boise instead of eastern Washington and that the winters arent so bad lol.  Continual temps  Thumbs Down in the teens.....ugh....we are to get single digits for the low sometime this week for about a week and I am NOT looking forward to that.

Sun Smiley  Bright side, today I went to a craft store while I was out on errands and it was so good to see "Spring" products replacing Christmas.   I know the stores work ahead of the "seasons" and we are a week into winter but it brightened up my snow and cold weary day!    Snowman

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                Member #118609
                November 4, 2011
                935 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2015, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

My mother is dead set on getting her half  of the jackpot so I will pony up her half and spend my half how I want too.-weshar75

US Flag

Weshar did your mother have a change of heart?  I thought a little while back she was  against you buying any more lottery tickets?

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #76087
                  June 18, 2009
                  859 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

You are so right GG, hand held cell phone calls and texting is illegal but sure doesnt stop people.  It takes hitting your own family for people to wake up otherwise "it always happens to someone else" syndrome.

I was told I would probably like Boise instead of eastern Washington and that the winters arent so bad lol.  Continual temps  Thumbs Down in the teens.....ugh....we are to get single digits for the low sometime this week for about a week and I am NOT looking forward to that.

Sun Smiley  Bright side, today I went to a craft store while I was out on errands and it was so good to see "Spring" products replacing Christmas.   I know the stores work ahead of the "seasons" and we are a week into winter but it brightened up my snow and cold weary day!    Snowman

Oh, Spring products, nice!  Sun Smiley

So you're in Eastern Washington?  Perhaps we could trade places?  I want -desperately- to be playing Washington's Match 4 game.  I SO WISH Idaho could adopt a game like that, and I even wrote a letter to the lottery commission about it once, but no.... they had to create a lame game like "Weekly Grand". 

I plan on moving back to Washington as soon as I can, as my husband died last year and my son turns 18 next summer.  Husband and son were 2 reasons I had to stay here, but things have changed and are changing.  I want to get back to Washington to be closer to family (Eastern OR) and play the fine array of Washington lottery games. Smile

Temperature-wise, we are in low 20's all of this week and teens at night.  Continuously cold.  There's really not that much of a difference between Eastern Washington and Western Idaho unless you're farther up north.  Spokane and that area... I would not like the winters there.

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #76087
                    June 18, 2009
                    859 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2015, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Glad your daughter is ok GG!  I had a rollover once too.  T-boned by a woman who was arrested at the scene because they found pot in the car.  I don't know if she was high or not.  But she was uninsured.  I walked away unharmed thank goodness, but I still had to deal with all the stress.

Hmmm something outrageous I'd do if I won a jackpot.  Buy a loge box on the 50 yard line to watch the Broncos?  That's not very outrageous, is it.  I can't think of anything completely stupid that I really want to do or have.

Hey there, HoLeeKau, sorry to hear you had a rollover once.  I think that would be so scary.  And it happens so suddenly, that what do you do?  Glad you were uninjured! 

I guess my first thought would be spinal injury, head, neck?  My daughter showed me her picture from the hospital, blood all over her face and in her hair... horrifying, like something I would see in a movie?  I mean, we're so desensitized from all the movies we see, all that make-believe. It was shocking to see that pic, and I was even more grateful she came out all right (except 8 stitches on head) after seeing that.  And it also reminded me that there are things in this world that money can't buy.

However, with money I would hire a chauffeur or pay for professional stunt driving lessons.  ha

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #76087
                      June 18, 2009
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: December 29, 2015, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I saw a really bad trucking accident happen right in front of me and I was almost a part of it. Never seen a truck jackknife or rollover. I saw them both in the same accident. A set of doubles jacked knife off to the right past the shoulder and the other truck rolled over at least once and covered up most of I-39 (Illinois). I had to go a little off the road on the left side to get by. We were on black ice but you couldn't tell. Barely got by that one couldn't hit the breaks. Me and my student at the time got out to help out. I'm still traumatized from the accident. Not happy about driving this winter. This is my first winter since that accident which happened in 2013. I was at home most of 2014.

Those kinds of accidents are so scary, and I can understand why you would still feel traumatized from it.  Even if you didn't get hurt, yourself, you saw it up close, too close for comfort.  Driving is so risky in winter.  I wish you a safe driving season.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11119 Posts
                        Posted: December 29, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

It's cold here in Albuquerque teens at night.  Abq used to be a great place to live but now it's full of crime. Carjackings,home invasions, crime everyday. The town is full of drug addicts terrorizing the public. I would probably move to Santa Fe or Taos if I won the big one.  But I have the grandkids and family here.  I have a huge labador in the back and alarms etc..

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                          Texas Panhandle
                          United States
                          Member #136843
                          December 20, 2012
                          1280 Posts
                          Posted: December 29, 2015, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I guess the intent of the question was what sort of extravagance we'd indulge in when we hit the jackpot.  I once read that Justin Bieber wears a pair of underwear one time, throwing them away afterwards,  ditto for Chris Brown and Iggy Azalea says she does the same thing.  That's borderline decadence to me.  I'm pretty sure I'll never do that, seems like such a waste. 

"When I hit a jackpot I will..."  Probably change my underwear because I'll probably have to after seeing that all my numbers matched. 

I'll throw THAT pair away, though.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1183 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2015, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I guess the intent of the question was what sort of extravagance we'd indulge in when we hit the jackpot.  I once read that Justin Bieber wears a pair of underwear one time, throwing them away afterwards,  ditto for Chris Brown and Iggy Azalea says she does the same thing.  That's borderline decadence to me.  I'm pretty sure I'll never do that, seems like such a waste. 

"When I hit a jackpot I will..."  Probably change my underwear because I'll probably have to after seeing that all my numbers matched. 

I'll throw THAT pair away, though.

ROFLMAO. Good point. Didn't think about that. I'll have to remember not to sit on the bed when I read the numbers. 

As for wearing one pair of underwear and then tossing it...that's not decadence. That's just idiocy. When you've experienced the pleasure of putting on a bra or undies that fits perfectly, that doesn't start pinching or moving in places it shouldn't after working a 12 hour shift, those are the unmentionables you keep until they disintegrate...no matter how much money you have. Perfect underwear is like the perfect pair of shoes. A person with sense knows NEVER to throw those away.

True decadence is buying as many as you can, in every color they're made.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #76087
                              June 18, 2009
                              859 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2015, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

It's cold here in Albuquerque teens at night.  Abq used to be a great place to live but now it's full of crime. Carjackings,home invasions, crime everyday. The town is full of drug addicts terrorizing the public. I would probably move to Santa Fe or Taos if I won the big one.  But I have the grandkids and family here.  I have a huge labador in the back and alarms etc..

Hey Lakerben, I have a friend in Albuquerque and he was telling me about that huge snowstorm that came in over the weekend, and how cold it got.

Too bad about the spike in crime.  Yes, if you're going to stay there then it's good to have a dog and some alarms.