Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Camelot Pay These "Jackpot Winners"?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Teddi.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Should lottery players be penalized for technical glitches

Yes - not the lottery's fault there was a glitch [ 4 ]  [14.29%]
No - not the couple's fault there was a glitch [ 9 ]  [32.14%]
Not sure but they should be given a consolation [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
This was probably user error, they deserve nothing [ 9 ]  [32.14%]
The app company should be made to pay the couple [ 6 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
Member #142499
May 13, 2013
1200 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2016, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

This! Apps, by and large, are garbage. And it's not just recreational sites with faulty apps, many banks and credit card apps are glitchy too. A common issue is lack of detail / delayed updating. Also, version and hardware differences which can cause apps to act wonky. I use a well known, large on-line bank, and their website updates account balances nearly immediately while their app often doesn't.

As for the couple, they'll likely come up empty. What works against their argument is the lack of funds they had when first attempting to purchase the ticket. Regardless, lotteries and other gambling establishments near never pay out when there's even a question of a ticket / machine being faulty.

You're right about that. When it's the machine's fault, even when the machine is owned by the company in question, they never pay. LP News has posted quite a few of those situations. I can't remember seeing a single time where anything was given to the player when it was the machine that was in the wrong.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.