Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

400 Million PB drawing on 01/06/2016. OK LPr's here's the Q?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Groppo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How many will hit the jackpot?

0 - The pot will grow. [ 6 ]  [22.22%]
1 winner [ 6 ]  [22.22%]
2 winners [ 6 ]  [22.22%]
3 winners [ 6 ]  [22.22%]
More than 3 winners [ 2 ]  [7.41%]
Lottery pool with many winners [ 1 ]  [3.70%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Arizona
United States
Member #165073
March 24, 2015
220 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2016, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Love your style Raven!  A trillion - so that would take a couple of years?

That would take at least a couple of decades. There's a limit to how much people are going to spend on any one drawing, especially when they keep on not winning, and a trillion is a VERY large number.

Suppose that people collectively spend a billion dollars per drawing - 500 million tickets, or about 2 tickets for every person in the country old enough to play. That's a lot more than have ever been sold for any historical drawing. With each drawing, the jackpot would increase by half a billion dollars. To reach a trillion at that rate would take 2000 drawings, or about 20 years, of no winners. (Incidentally, in a drawing with 500 million tickets sold, there's about an 80% chance of a winner.)

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
    Philadelphia, PA
    United States
    Member #153774
    March 24, 2014
    1168 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2016, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

This lottery makes no sense at all.  I think its going to go to $850 before a single ticket hits.  It won't go past 1 billion because on Philadelphia billboards I can't figure out how they can roll another digit.  That is controlled by the lottery commission I am sure.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #162631
      January 7, 2015
      537 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2016, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I'll be that winner in Kansas. But then again, I'd claim anonymously.

Travelintrucker,

If I ever won, it would be as far reaching, over the globe as I would be entitled to spread the word. And yes, there are those whom I'd be adamant about not receiving a single penny from me, due to their treatment of me.  Also, those whom I would award, would get a mention, ALL within the lawful realm,
      of course.

So, please, don't keep it a secret.   I've yet to hear of people being harrassed for their new found wealth, and so forth.  And besides, when you drive home with that new Caddy or Ferrari, it too is going to stir up questions, as well, anyway.

Just my 2¢ worth.

(the cent symbol I used (¢), is made, by keying in:  Alt and 0162. I used my keypad)