Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ABC 20/20 Lotto lives airing.

Topic closed. 64 replies. Last post 9 months ago by hhh1200.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #164725
March 12, 2015
341 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2016, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

If she learned all of her big spending ways from him then it is likely that they are all broke.

He had a business which she worked at before the win. I believe he continued to run the business afterwards though he may be up in years and retired. Two of the nephews went to live with him after the jackpot. I think he did/is doing just fine. I sure hope he is.  Not easy to run a small business in LACounty these days so if he could do it, he's no fool. Wink

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
    Happy California
    United States
    Member #157856
    August 2, 2014
    1511 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2016, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Cynthia Stafford entertained herself to bankruptcy. 

I agree that she was looking for another big lottery win.

Mo money, Mo problems. P diddy

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1182 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2016, 8:12 am - IP Logged

He had a business which she worked at before the win. I believe he continued to run the business afterwards though he may be up in years and retired. Two of the nephews went to live with him after the jackpot. I think he did/is doing just fine. I sure hope he is.  Not easy to run a small business in LACounty these days so if he could do it, he's no fool. Wink

He might not be a fool, but both his business acumen and hers are in question. Piecing together what Cynthia's sister and Cynthia herself has said, she was broke, broke, broke. Child services were going to take the kids (whether it's because she was destitute or an issue with prescriptions is up for debate), and it's likely she was going to lose the house they'd been in. The reason she split the jackpot was because she'd been so broke, the father had been giving her money for food. 

So how successful could his business have been if his grandchildren were going to be placed in foster care and none of them had the money to fight to keep them and Cynthia was basically impoverished. 

Now we are at after the win, if his business is going strong, why hasn't she gone back to work for him? This is the 2nd time she's been in serious financial trouble and that business hasn't helped.

Maybe they have a big chunk of their share left and they'll help her out. But I wouldn't. She's proven she can't live within her means at any level. She needs to get a job and live on that paycheck. Time for her to start being a financially responsible adult.

Tulsa
        United States
        Member #172877
        February 7, 2016
        131 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2016, 11:45 am - IP Logged

^Well said!  The fact that she lived on the poor side of the spectrum first and didn't learn anything from it makes me not feel a bit sorry for her.  On the other hand, I feel for the kids if they are still young.  Blowing through hundreds of thousands on bags, unnecessary cars and giving money away are not smart investments.  She got to live it up and now she gets to live it down.

United States
          Member #173009
          February 12, 2016
          9 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2016, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

What business?  She was selling software and about to be evicted from the house she was living in?  They put money together to buy the lottery tickets. Now, have dad and the brother been living it up too? You don't have to be in the news to blow money.  Star stuck lotto winners and their money will easily be departed.