Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

System Question

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 months ago by Tialuvslotto.

Page 2 of 2
51
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Offline
Posted: January 29, 2016, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Interesting.  Not sure what you mean by N-String.  My original question on this post was looking for an elimination processes.  My example is just to illustrate one method.  Any Process or formula can be used.  The real question for me is when a process is only 10-15% successful in predicting a draw, is it also 85%-90% successful in predicting a number will not hit?

I know that just picking a number in a position has a 10% chance of being correct.  The idea makes me think about a process where you pick a number, declare it 90% likely not to hit, pick a second number (1-9) and so on.  By the idea you could get to the number by about the 4th or 5th pick.   I know this does not work any better than just picking a number.  Each selection has the same odds.  The only difference is that a formula or process produces a number based on a set of criteria that we track.  We all look for hits.  If a process is hits a number in a column 15% of the time vs the actual odds of the number hitting (10%) do you use it as a predictor or an eliminator. 

I see the elimination process as another tool to work into the Steps for Number predictions.  Lets say you have 4 or 5 processes or formulas that you use in your workout.  You back test them and determine their hit percentages.  We mostly look for hits; but most of the time they miss.  So why not track your results and start looking for trends with your success and failure rates.  Then change your predictions based on a combination of success and failure.

Successful Elimination of  just 1 number from each position still does not give you a winning formula, just slightly better odds of winning.

I have talked about a comprehensive workout using many different formulas, combinations, Ranking, Repeats, ......?  I always looked for hits.  I have seen that I never get them all using a 1 criteria for each number even if the criteria for each number is different, 1 is not enough.  I envision a setup that brings the various systems or formulas into a matrix with on-off switches that are flipped based on prediction from my previous success / failure.

If you eliminate the wrong numbers, you end up with a smaller chance to win.

Say that you flip a coin, and you eliminate head while it turns out to be head, you killed your chance to win.

schtroumpf

    Avatar
    Lincoln, California
    United States
    Member #167130
    June 27, 2015
    256 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: January 29, 2016, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

    This is an interesting question, AllenB, and one worth pursuing.  The problem for me is that all my spreadsheets are set up "backwards", i.e. looking for what will hit!

    One place that I would look for a number that will not show is among numbers that have not been hitting recently.  If a digit has not hit for 7 games there is a 73% chance that it will not hit in the next game and a 27% chance that it will hit.  These streaks continue to decay at 27% per game, with the average streak being 2 games (2 out after the criterion of 7 no-hits is met).  But, half the time these digits will continue to miss for protracted periods, up to a maximum of 20 or more games.  When you find one of these digits you are truly playing a Pick 3 of 9 game.

    I have looked at this also.  Columns in Excel set up to track hit % over Variable game blocks (number of games) have not yet found a way to predict from the array of percentages in the matrix.  It looks like you may have a way that could work.  Are the percentages you show above historical values or are you computing these by another formula.

      Avatar
      Lincoln, California
      United States
      Member #167130
      June 27, 2015
      256 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: January 29, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

      If you eliminate the wrong numbers, you end up with a smaller chance to win.

      Say that you flip a coin, and you eliminate head while it turns out to be head, you killed your chance to win.

      schtroumpf

      Dude, you a warring me out.  Do you ever get into the actual discussion or do you just drop your leaflets on coin toss, your server, over active filters?  If I listen to you,  I can't play.

        Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
        Texas
        United States
        Member #150797
        December 31, 2013
        815 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: January 29, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

        I have looked at this also.  Columns in Excel set up to track hit % over Variable game blocks (number of games) have not yet found a way to predict from the array of percentages in the matrix.  It looks like you may have a way that could work.  Are the percentages you show above historical values or are you computing these by another formula.

        These are historical values.

        "There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

        ~Robert A. Heinlein

          Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
          Texas
          United States
          Member #150797
          December 31, 2013
          815 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: January 29, 2016, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

          Dude, you a warring me out.  Do you ever get into the actual discussion or do you just drop your leaflets on coin toss, your server, over active filters?  If I listen to you,  I can't play.

          You can always block him.

          "There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

          ~Robert A. Heinlein