Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Daily and Evening Pick 3 and 4 draw similarities.

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 months ago by lamaka10.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would it make any difference if each draw had very similar or matching numbers per draw?

Yes [ 18 ]  [69.23%]
No [ 8 ]  [30.77%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
Burnsville
United States
Member #107244
March 4, 2011
853 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

I have built a sheet that will compare each draw, pick 3 numbers drawn to pick 4 numbers drawn. It shows how many times that either the same numbers showed up in the pick 3 draw as it did in the pick 4 draw of the same session. Like the 1/31/2016 day draw for the pick 3 had 5-0-1 and 4-8-9-7 here in NC. I haven't tested it on each state yet and only a couple that has RNG, (although not in a while on the RNG's), but the results where somewhat surprising. 

It will test for any number that is drawn in the pick 3 and see if it shows up in the pick 4 draw of the same draws. It will also show if each numbers numeric even/odd opposite shows up in both draws as well. It will show up all matches of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and it will show all numeric opposites of 0-5, 1-2, 3-8, 4-7, 6-9 also.

The question is would it make any difference if the results where very high there where many matches to being truly random, or very low being truly random. If the results where very high that the same numbers showed up in both for each draw, how random is it?

Just a curious question? I already know the answer but will post the results, later. After some polls have run to not sway any thoughts.

To me, well, I'll leave my opinion out of it for now and then just show what I came up with and my thoughts.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
    Member #81314
    October 16, 2009
    18997 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Missouri good for it.

A few draws later.  Or a week later.

Good luck.

The Struggle is real!

Burnsville
      United States
      Member #107244
      March 4, 2011
      853 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2016, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Missouri good for it.

Good luck.

Hello Mz.

How funny I was just putting Missouri into a set of these for testing.

We'll see how it does for there.

Best of luck to you!!!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
        Member #76986
        July 10, 2009
        8036 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2016, 6:50 pm - IP Logged
          Burnsville
          United States
          Member #107244
          March 4, 2011
          853 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2016, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Hi Greenfox! See Ya!

Good to see you!

Hi Harve$t!

So good to see you! Gonna be here as much as time will allow me to. Working quite a bit.

Hope you and yours are and have been doing GREAT!!!

United States
            Member #172415
            January 23, 2016
            3795 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2016, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

NY

Burnsville
              United States
              Member #107244
              March 4, 2011
              853 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2016, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

NY

Hello LOTTOKING2016,

I'll be doing all states that have both 3 and 4 draws and uploading the books for people to download for themselves also. They'll be in Excel and will need to be excel 2010 or better for all the formatting and stuff to work. I'll put a link up in this thread for them as soon as I get that done. Right now they will account 5,000 draws and give results. Judging from the MO website though, they are gonna have to be BIGGER. LOL. They've had a ton of draws. Geesh!

Burnsville
                United States
                Member #107244
                March 4, 2011
                853 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2016, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Missouri good for it.

Good luck.

Just a little hint on the MO draws, Yall have had 6,299 up to but not including tonight. In the first 5,000 draws, there have been 15,000 pick 3 numbers drawn. 20,000 pick 4 numbers drawn. And in those first 5,000 drawings that come one right after the other, there have been 11,440 matches from one draw to the next. With 5 leading the pack as being in the pick 3 and showing up in the same draw of the pick 4. 5 has showed up in the pick 3, 565 times in the first 5,000 draws of the MO pick 3 and in the same pick 4 drawing. 5 has showed up 525 times in those same draws as it's numeric mirror of 0.

Meaning that in the first 5,000 draws that MO has had that they drew pick 3 then pick 4 right after it in the evening draws, 5 showed up in the pick 3 and pick 4 565 times. There where 525 times that 5 showed up in the pick 3 and 0 showed up as it's mirror in the same pick 4 draw.

Out of those 5,000 evening draws there, there where 4,774 draws that at least one number showed up in both draws. That's 95.48% of the time.

Out of those same 5,000 drawings, at least one number showed up in the pick 3 + it's mirror showed up in the pick 4  4,677 times. That's 93.54% of the time.

Out of the 15,000 pick 3 numbers and the 20,000 pick 4 numbers, there was 11,440 times that a number showed up in the pick 3 that also showed up in the pick 4. Ah, a little better than average. LOL.

That's just the first 5,000 draws for MO that you all had a pick 3 and 4 draw at the same time for the evening. You haven't had as many daytime draws as you have evening. Only 4,207 draws for the daytime that you had both games.

Duchess69's avatar - Lottery-051.jpg

United States
                  Member #109074
                  April 5, 2011
                  3524 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

hi greenfox throw Ga in the pot..

Keep smiling  keep Sun Smiley knowing you can't always count on me forsure that's what friends are for.....

Burnsville
                    United States
                    Member #107244
                    March 4, 2011
                    853 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2016, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

hi greenfox throw Ga in the pot..

Hi Duchess69,

How ya been? Good to hear from ya.

I'm on it. Having trouble finding some of these states that have excel downloads with past numbers but I'll figure something out.

gtpapi987's avatar - guyanaanim

United States
                      Member #172036
                      January 14, 2016
                      85 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2016, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey greenfox,

Can't wait for your excel to see the comparison for NY

Burnsville
                        United States
                        Member #107244
                        March 4, 2011
                        853 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2016, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Hey greenfox,

Can't wait for your excel to see the comparison for NY

Hello gtpapi987,

I guess it's gonna be a bit on some of these. There are a lot of states that don't have an excel download of all the draws. I got a PRO on here that's helping with that though. He's a lot more experienced with excel than I am and luckily has all draws with all states already. He has sent me the pick 3 draws for the states and when he gets time to send me the 4 draws, I'll work a set up real quick. It doesn't take long to fill them all into these books, when I get all the data gathered.

I'll do NY first since that was my first request, then GA. I was hoping to get some polls done before posting much, but maybe everyone needs to see a little more anyway, so it's all good. Be back SOON!!!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          18997 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Just a little hint on the MO draws, Yall have had 6,299 up to but not including tonight. In the first 5,000 draws, there have been 15,000 pick 3 numbers drawn. 20,000 pick 4 numbers drawn. And in those first 5,000 drawings that come one right after the other, there have been 11,440 matches from one draw to the next. With 5 leading the pack as being in the pick 3 and showing up in the same draw of the pick 4. 5 has showed up in the pick 3, 565 times in the first 5,000 draws of the MO pick 3 and in the same pick 4 drawing. 5 has showed up 525 times in those same draws as it's numeric mirror of 0.

Meaning that in the first 5,000 draws that MO has had that they drew pick 3 then pick 4 right after it in the evening draws, 5 showed up in the pick 3 and pick 4 565 times. There where 525 times that 5 showed up in the pick 3 and 0 showed up as it's mirror in the same pick 4 draw.

Out of those 5,000 evening draws there, there where 4,774 draws that at least one number showed up in both draws. That's 95.48% of the time.

Out of those same 5,000 drawings, at least one number showed up in the pick 3 + it's mirror showed up in the pick 4  4,677 times. That's 93.54% of the time.

Out of the 15,000 pick 3 numbers and the 20,000 pick 4 numbers, there was 11,440 times that a number showed up in the pick 3 that also showed up in the pick 4. Ah, a little better than average. LOL.

That's just the first 5,000 draws for MO that you all had a pick 3 and 4 draw at the same time for the evening. You haven't had as many daytime draws as you have evening. Only 4,207 draws for the daytime that you had both games.

Wow.

Thanks a lot.

My laptops are down right now.

Hope to have them uo and running soon.

Thanks for sharing.......

The Struggle is real!

Burnsville
                            United States
                            Member #107244
                            March 4, 2011
                            853 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Sorry. I went ahead and made these to accept 10,000 draws. And a HUGE THANK YOU TO winsumloosesum for his help and donation into the states draws. (Without his help and work into accumulating all the draws, this would have taken me FOREVER to get done.)

It's ready to roll now with a book that will handle data from 10,000 draws and only takes up 21mb of space.

For NY. Ya'll have had 3,493 draws that there where both Pick 3 and Pick 4 on the same day, evening.

In those 3,493 draws there have been 10,479 pick 3 numbers drawn. There have been 13,972 numbers drawn.

Out of those 3,493 draws there have been 3,278 draws that at least one number in the pick 3 has showed up in the same pick 4 drawing. That's 93.84% of the draws.

There have been 3,237 draws that a number has showed up in the pick 3 and it's opposite numeric mirror has showed up in the pick 4. That's 92.67% of the draws.

Out of all those draws, 8 has showed up the most in both with 351 times. On the numeric opposite side, 5 has showed up in the pick 3 while it's 0 counterpart has showed up 363 times. That doesn't mean that 8 or 5 has been drawn the most for New York. That just means that these two numbers have showed up the most in both draws on the same day/evening.

Out of the 10,479 pick 3 numbers drawn, and the 13,972 pick 4 numbers drawn, 7,888 of those have been matches. That's over 75% of the numbers drawn.

(That's every draw from 7/7/2006 up until and including today.)

Burnsville
                              United States
                              Member #107244
                              March 4, 2011
                              853 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2016, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Wow.

Thanks a lot.

My laptops are down right now.

Hope to have them uo and running soon.

Thanks for sharing.......

Sorry about your laptops MzDuffleBaglady! Hope you get them back soon and in great working order.

Here's the totals on the MO draws with a complete run of the games.

In Missouri, there have been a total of 4,209 daytime draws where there have been pick 3 and pick 4. (I guess that all states pretty much do like here in NC where they draw pick 3 then pick 4 directly after?)

But in those 4,209 draws, there have been a total of 12,627 pick 3 numbers drawn and a total of 16,836 from 7/6/2004. These stats take in from then until and including today's draw there.

In those 4,209 Daytime draws, there has been 3,907 games in which at least one number has shown up in both games. That's 94.32% of the draws.

There where 3,995 draws that at least one negative/positive numeric opposite has showed up in both draws. That's 94.92% of the draws.

There was a total of 9,654 times in total that a number in the Pick 3 showed up in the pick 3 and pick 4 in the daytime draw there.

5 is the leader as far as what number showed up in both draws the most at 454 times.

7 and it's numeric opposite of 4 showed up in both draws the most at 432 times. Meaning if 7 showed up in the pick 3 it showed up as 4 in the pick 4. (Or vice versa.)

3 showed up in the pick 3 with 3 or 8 showing up in the pick 4 the most amount of games at 876 times. So on average you could pick a 3 to show up in the pick 3 and either a 3 or 8 to show up in the pick 4, just guessing, an average of 1 out of 4 times. (Close to a 1/4 of the time I should say.) 4,209 draws. 876 games with 3 and 3 or 8 leaves 3,333 games.

On the evening side. There have been a total of 6,301 draws that there where both Pick 3 and Pick 4 simultaneously drawn in MO.

Of those 6,301 draws, there was 18,903 Pick 3 numbers drawn, and 25,204 Pick 4 numbers drawn.

Of those 6,301 games drawn, there where 6,033 games where a number in the pick 3 showed up in the Pick 4. That's 95.75% of the draws.

For a number and it's even/odd counterpart, there where 5,883 draws that a number in the Pick 3 and and it's opposite showed up in the pick 4. That's a 93.37%.

A 5 showed up in the Pick 3 and the Pick 4 the most at 692 times. And a 5 and it's counterpart (0) showing up the most on the opposites side a total of 672 times.

For comparison, a 0 showed up in the pick 3 and in the pick 4 588 times, with a 0 showing up in the pick 3 and it's counterpart 5 showing up in the same pick 4 draw 618 times.

Out of the 18,903 Pick 3 numbers drawn and the 25,204 Pick 4 numbers drawn there where 14,411 times that a number in the pick 3 matched a number in the same pick 4 draw.

5 in the pick 3 and 5 in the pick 4, and 5 in the pick 3 and 0 in the pick 4 showed up the most of any other combination at 1,364 games in the evening draw there.

A 5 has been picked 1,906 times in the MO. evening Pick 3 draw since 11/2/1988 and a total of 2,507 times in the evening pick 4 there.