Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Millionaire Raffle- St. Patrick's Day Edition

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 9 months ago by dr65.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3817 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2016, 6:35 am - IP Logged

A spokesman for the lottery reaffirmed that all prizes will be awarded to no matter how many tickets are sold which is good because sales are 30,000 behind the Halloween raffle .  230000 tickets sold to date with 3 days remaining. Looks like around 310000 should sell.

This is making me think I ought to take a ride across I-84 and buy some more tickets.  I only have ONE the cost of which I split with a co-worker.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Pa
    United States
    Member #162117
    December 22, 2014
    99 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2016, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Coworker bought a ticket this AM, 243000 range,  so selling at 13000 per day with 2.5 days remaining. 310000 looks reasonable for sales. 1 in 78000 odds of hitting it big. 35000 tickets behind the Halloween drawing and growing.  If the lottery changes their mind and switches back to the raffle twice a year, I could see why with the slow sales.  The lottery is at their break even point later today with the number of tickets sold vs payout, which should be a million dollars in profit.   I plan on entering the second chance drawing with the loser tickets, never did it before.  Also,  looks like the PA government wants income tax on lottery winnings in PA,  so anyone who hits it big will likely have to pay up more retroactively when the budget finally gets signed.

Chicago
      United States
      Member #171107
      December 31, 2015
      83 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2016, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

So I take it raffles are struggling all over?

Illinois Halloween Raffle didn't hit sales they planned this year but many blamed it on the budget fiasco

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
        Oregon
        United States
        Member #168137
        August 17, 2015
        125 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2016, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

LepGood luck to everyoneLep

Ive got 1 ticket for Oregons St Patricks Day Raffle. Maybe 3rd times a charm? I always seem to get curious when its already sold out, and rarely participate. So this time I tried to get one pretty quick after sales started.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3817 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2016, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Coworker bought a ticket this AM, 243000 range,  so selling at 13000 per day with 2.5 days remaining. 310000 looks reasonable for sales. 1 in 78000 odds of hitting it big. 35000 tickets behind the Halloween drawing and growing.  If the lottery changes their mind and switches back to the raffle twice a year, I could see why with the slow sales.  The lottery is at their break even point later today with the number of tickets sold vs payout, which should be a million dollars in profit.   I plan on entering the second chance drawing with the loser tickets, never did it before.  Also,  looks like the PA government wants income tax on lottery winnings in PA,  so anyone who hits it big will likely have to pay up more retroactively when the budget finally gets signed.

I just bought three tickets. 

They're selling at a wicked pace because the timestamp on all three is 15:57, but the spread between the number on the first ticket and last ticket is 14!

2712XX range.  They should easily make it to 300k to 310K sold. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            23237 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2016, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I just bought three tickets. 

They're selling at a wicked pace because the timestamp on all three is 15:57, but the spread between the number on the first ticket and last ticket is 14!

2712XX range.  They should easily make it to 300k to 310K sold. G5

17 hours ago, I got one and it was at nearly 260,000 so 9 hours later, they sold 11,000.

I'd rather they not sell out and this will be the only one I buy. Gl everyone!

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3817 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2016, 7:41 am - IP Logged

17 hours ago, I got one and it was at nearly 260,000 so 9 hours later, they sold 11,000.

I'd rather they not sell out and this will be the only one I buy. Gl everyone!

I too would rather they don't sell out.  I doubt they're going to. 

I bought my first ticket (I split the cost of it with my friend at work) in mid to late February, and we were content to buy only one.  That's because I run a pool at work with a total of eight guys, and the pool buys 16 tickets for both the New Years and July 4th raffles.   

But when I read in this forum how sluggish ticket sales had been, our thinking changed.  We kind of figured PA might not continue having four raffles per year, and might/could go back to having only two.  Given that, we thought the St Patrick's Day raffle might be the last time we'd ever see such low odds to win a million dollars. So we decided to split the cost of two more.

The third ticket I bought yesterday was for another guy.  He wanted his own ticket.  He's in the pool too, but he said he wanted to fly solo this time around.  I swear, if he wins a million bucks with the ticket I bought for him, I'm gonna die!  G5

Pa
                United States
                Member #162117
                December 22, 2014
                99 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

About an hour and a half to the results,  barring a mess up like last time. Curious to see if over 315000 were sold.

Pa
                  United States
                  Member #162117
                  December 22, 2014
                  99 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2016, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

The four $1 million top-prize raffle ticket numbers selected were: 64525, 121846, 187015, and 291226.

The four $100,000 second-tier prize raffle ticket numbers selected were: 23678, 58112, 115824, and 165025.

Looks like someone who waited until the day of sales won a million bucks.

309,639 tickets were sold (62%, worst ever in 23 drawings), 1.1 million dollars in profit for the lottery.  Odds of hitting 1 million or 100K were 1 in 77,410.

Wyomissing, PA
                    United States
                    Member #161050
                    November 15, 2014
                    301 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2016, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Only bought one ticket this time, and actually won something. Hit for $100. Not a huge win, but still surprised to see my number match. The better than normal odds of winning a prize paid off for many: 1 in ~51.6 verses 1 in ~83.3.

In the most recent PA Bulletin, there's no mention of any new raffle. Furthermore, the press release tonight makes no mention either. Seems the PA raffle is done. Time will tell. It's possible, PA will switch back to twice per year, in which case, the next raffle would go on sale around May.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                      P A
                      United States
                      Member #117331
                      October 3, 2011
                      7085 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2016, 12:27 am - IP Logged

nothing on my ticket 

but won $2500 today on 070 for pick 3 lol

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3817 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2016, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Only bought one ticket this time, and actually won something. Hit for $100. Not a huge win, but still surprised to see my number match. The better than normal odds of winning a prize paid off for many: 1 in ~51.6 verses 1 in ~83.3.

In the most recent PA Bulletin, there's no mention of any new raffle. Furthermore, the press release tonight makes no mention either. Seems the PA raffle is done. Time will tell. It's possible, PA will switch back to twice per year, in which case, the next raffle would go on sale around May.

I kind of figured sales of tickets for this raffle may not do so well.  I hope PA sticks with having two raffles per year.  IMHO raffles are the only way to fly.   Nada on my tickets. G5

Pa
                          United States
                          Member #162117
                          December 22, 2014
                          99 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2016, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Congrats on the win!  I noticed in the last time in the PA Bulletin that the date of the bulletin was only 2 days prior to the start of the beginning of the raffle.  I believe there were about 10 days or so from the new years drawing to the start of the St. Patricks day drawing, so maybe in a week or so we will know if there is another raffle.  The lottery still made over a million dollars, so they aren't hurting, but they probably see the writing on the wall and will go back to 2 per year or restructure the prizes or reduce the tickets sold to 400,000.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                            A long and winding road
                            United States
                            Member #17084
                            June 10, 2005
                            4579 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2016, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

5 of us at work bought three tickets each. Only two of us were willing to split it if it was the million dollar win. 

None of us won a dime. Its timing and location. 

i like that someone suggested a re vamping of prize payout provided it lowers the ticket output from 500,000 tickets  to 350,000.

Maybe make it 3 winners for 1 million , and more 1 k tickets. :) 

or they could make it a 10$ ticket with 500,000$ grand prize. Ohh the possibilities!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Pa
                              United States
                              Member #162117
                              December 22, 2014
                              99 Posts
                              Posted: March 25, 2016, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Million dollar winners were sold in Franklin,  Blair,  Carbon,  and Venango Counties.  Surprised to see these relatively rural counties hit it big.