Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Seeing Inside Random a Parody ??

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 months ago by SilverLion.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lincoln, California
United States
Member #167130
June 27, 2015
256 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2016, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I just had a thought.

Trying to See inside Random is like trying to set up a level a surveying instrument on a floating barge in the middle of a storm at a specific point in time.  If you could do that you might see the numbers when you looked in the optical plummet or where the plummet laser pointed.

Lincoln, California
    United States
    Member #167130
    June 27, 2015
    256 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2016, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I just had another thought.

What if the Ocean is really calm.  If I am good at setting up could I be there at the right time.  Depending on the time window of course.  Momentary glimpses would require that I be 99% or more set to make level at the correct time.  Longer time frames would allow me to adjust the legs.

Lincoln, California
      United States
      Member #167130
      June 27, 2015
      256 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2016, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

And yes this sh___ is really good! LMAO

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2509 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2016, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

And i thought I had the best sh*t    Green laugh

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2016, 5:46 am - IP Logged

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            5893 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2016, 6:33 am - IP Logged

I just had a thought.

Trying to See inside Random is like trying to set up a level a surveying instrument on a floating barge in the middle of a storm at a specific point in time.  If you could do that you might see the numbers when you looked in the optical plummet or where the plummet laser pointed.

Here in Central Florida, we have a place, called the "Roost", where fireworks are launched on July 4. I did lots of level setups on the barge, not to bad keeping it level.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
              Texas
              United States
              Member #150797
              December 31, 2013
              815 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2016, 7:30 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure you can draw an analogy between the physical world and random.  Some of the examples of physical random events that we use, such as radioactive decay or atmospheric noise, occur on the "margins" of the physical world -- i.e at the molecular level or at an extreme macro universal level.  Wave action may be random, but generally seems to form a fairly consistent pattern.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22861 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2016, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I just had a thought.

Random.
                I hate that word. And exactly what games are you speaking about?
                Big games, small games or both.
                If ANY result can be expected or predicted or patterned, it is not random.
                Random can be an insult to some, a soothing word to others and an
                inescapable occurrence for others...personally I spend much time on
                studying numbers and believe consideration of the word random is
                a waste of time.
                On an ocean, on a barge with an instrument balanced on a tripod, the
                waves will still be there...the barge will rise and fall...you might have
                to try a few times to get what you're looking for but you do know what
                to expect.
                Just take the time to study and learn to expect certain things...if you
                don't, you're at a disadvantage by buying into the random fallacy.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Lincoln, California
                  United States
                  Member #167130
                  June 27, 2015
                  256 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2016, 10:54 am - IP Logged

While this My Post might seem a be way of base, there is an underlying point that I wanted to make about Balance.  Lets for the sake of stability, move our instrument onto dry land.   If we are on a relatively flat surface the tripod legs are all about the same length.   On sloping ground at least 1 leg must be longer or shorter that the other 2  and conditions most likely require them to be 3 different lengths.  By the way, We are not just talking about being level.  That sounds like what you did on the barge Carbob, but it is not enough to be level, we must be level over a point or we have no horizontal component to our survey.  We also need a Back-sight point of known location or direction to get our Bearing.  So in my daydream, I envision this tiny portal through which the numbers can be seen coming to the Stargate.   To get a glimpse through the portal the, optical plummet in the instrument must be looking at the cover on the portal.  I am trying to set up directly over the portal in both a horizontal and most critically vertical position, because I think that I have to be in perfect alignment to get the glimpse I want.   Not to get to technical or deep into surveying history in the Olden Days the only way to know that the instrument was over the point was by a plumb bob hanging from the bottom center of the instrument.  In order to set-up you had to be almost level over the point and the head of the tripod had to be almost level or you could not get the point of the plumb bob over the point.  Today the instruments have optical devices that look out of the bottom of the instrument perpendicular to the balance of the instrument or have a laser pointer that projects the line to the ground.  This completely changed the set-up process.   Instead of a physical device that had to be close to get there, now you could set up the instrument at any level and get to the balance point. 

Bare with me here, just a little bit more about the set-up.  Now to set over a point, the operator looks into the optical plummet or watches the laser point on the ground while holding 2 legs of the tripod off of the ground.  When the optical plummet or the laser point sees or hits the mark, the other 2 legs are set to the ground.  At this point the vertical axis of the instrument is pointing at the portal; but the instrument is not level. In fact it can be significantly out.  The instrument itself has 3 leveling screws at it's base for fine leveling over the point.  As a surveying instructor, I showed students how to set-up.  the instruction included this demonstration.  After the instrument was set on the tripod looking at the point, One of the legs was shortened until the instrument was 30 to 45 degrees out of level and guess what.  The instruments optical plummet or laser point was still pointed at the point.  The instrument bubble that tells me the instrument is level is pegged to one side.  Even if the fine adjustment could correct a 30 degree imbalance, by the time you leveled the instrument at this point the lazer or plummet would be far off of the portal point.  You can see the laser point move off of the point as you turn the screws on the instruments fine adjustment.  The only way to complete the process is to adjust the legs to get int the range of the fine adjustment on the instrument.  Adjusting a leg does not move the laser off of the point, it his tied to it like a hinge.  As the legs are adjusted the instrument travels in an arc with the laser pointing at the center of that arc which happens to be the portal point.  Once the legs are adjusted to a point where the instrument is near normal, the fine adjustment finishes the process.  But you are not done.  As i said any fine adjustment moves the laser point on the ground.  So the instrument is loosened from the tripod head and slide (without rotation) over the point.

So what does this have to do with the Lottery?  Other than what seams a chemical induced illusion, is there any real connection?

Here's what I think.  The 3 Tripod legs are our systems and more specifically Filters that we use to get the glimpse.   It just so happens that 3 filters is the minimum required number to get the numbers  combinations to a reasonable playable level.  So the Filters don't necessarily need to be balances, but when all are combined the head needs to be level, or the fine adjustment won't work.  Each leg can be a single filter or a combination of filters to level the head.  Picture this.  after the instrument is level over the point, replace the laser or optical plummet with a shot gun.  Now load your shell with the numbers left after the filter process and fire at the portal.  Load as many numbers in the shell as you can afford and fire away.

Good Hunting.

Lincoln, California
                    United States
                    Member #167130
                    June 27, 2015
                    256 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2016, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Not real practical but every good invention started with a good dream.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2016, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

While this My Post might seem a be way of base, there is an underlying point that I wanted to make about Balance.  Lets for the sake of stability, move our instrument onto dry land.   If we are on a relatively flat surface the tripod legs are all about the same length.   On sloping ground at least 1 leg must be longer or shorter that the other 2  and conditions most likely require them to be 3 different lengths.  By the way, We are not just talking about being level.  That sounds like what you did on the barge Carbob, but it is not enough to be level, we must be level over a point or we have no horizontal component to our survey.  We also need a Back-sight point of known location or direction to get our Bearing.  So in my daydream, I envision this tiny portal through which the numbers can be seen coming to the Stargate.   To get a glimpse through the portal the, optical plummet in the instrument must be looking at the cover on the portal.  I am trying to set up directly over the portal in both a horizontal and most critically vertical position, because I think that I have to be in perfect alignment to get the glimpse I want.   Not to get to technical or deep into surveying history in the Olden Days the only way to know that the instrument was over the point was by a plumb bob hanging from the bottom center of the instrument.  In order to set-up you had to be almost level over the point and the head of the tripod had to be almost level or you could not get the point of the plumb bob over the point.  Today the instruments have optical devices that look out of the bottom of the instrument perpendicular to the balance of the instrument or have a laser pointer that projects the line to the ground.  This completely changed the set-up process.   Instead of a physical device that had to be close to get there, now you could set up the instrument at any level and get to the balance point. 

Bare with me here, just a little bit more about the set-up.  Now to set over a point, the operator looks into the optical plummet or watches the laser point on the ground while holding 2 legs of the tripod off of the ground.  When the optical plummet or the laser point sees or hits the mark, the other 2 legs are set to the ground.  At this point the vertical axis of the instrument is pointing at the portal; but the instrument is not level. In fact it can be significantly out.  The instrument itself has 3 leveling screws at it's base for fine leveling over the point.  As a surveying instructor, I showed students how to set-up.  the instruction included this demonstration.  After the instrument was set on the tripod looking at the point, One of the legs was shortened until the instrument was 30 to 45 degrees out of level and guess what.  The instruments optical plummet or laser point was still pointed at the point.  The instrument bubble that tells me the instrument is level is pegged to one side.  Even if the fine adjustment could correct a 30 degree imbalance, by the time you leveled the instrument at this point the lazer or plummet would be far off of the portal point.  You can see the laser point move off of the point as you turn the screws on the instruments fine adjustment.  The only way to complete the process is to adjust the legs to get int the range of the fine adjustment on the instrument.  Adjusting a leg does not move the laser off of the point, it his tied to it like a hinge.  As the legs are adjusted the instrument travels in an arc with the laser pointing at the center of that arc which happens to be the portal point.  Once the legs are adjusted to a point where the instrument is near normal, the fine adjustment finishes the process.  But you are not done.  As i said any fine adjustment moves the laser point on the ground.  So the instrument is loosened from the tripod head and slide (without rotation) over the point.

So what does this have to do with the Lottery?  Other than what seams a chemical induced illusion, is there any real connection?

Here's what I think.  The 3 Tripod legs are our systems and more specifically Filters that we use to get the glimpse.   It just so happens that 3 filters is the minimum required number to get the numbers  combinations to a reasonable playable level.  So the Filters don't necessarily need to be balances, but when all are combined the head needs to be level, or the fine adjustment won't work.  Each leg can be a single filter or a combination of filters to level the head.  Picture this.  after the instrument is level over the point, replace the laser or optical plummet with a shot gun.  Now load your shell with the numbers left after the filter process and fire at the portal.  Load as many numbers in the shell as you can afford and fire away.

Good Hunting.

Holy macaroni monster, that's a lot of chars!

Let me skip that string!

The joke is that the payouts are that low that you just can win your money back or not at all.

Big winners are the bate.

Lincoln, California
                        United States
                        Member #167130
                        June 27, 2015
                        256 Posts
                        Posted: February 29, 2016, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Holy macaroni monster, that's a lot of chars!

Let me skip that string!

The joke is that the payouts are that low that you just can win your money back or not at all.

Big winners are the bate.

Yeah I know,  I take full responsibility for you missing the point again.

Tulsa
                          United States
                          Member #172877
                          February 7, 2016
                          131 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2016, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

This is still a random event in a controlled setting.  It is not random as to whether a certain number of balls fall or not at all.  We all know that for every drawing there will be 6 balls that come out no matter what because of the controlled environment.  Now, whether which numbers come out are truly random remains to be seen.

Lincoln, California
                            United States
                            Member #167130
                            June 27, 2015
                            256 Posts
                            Posted: February 29, 2016, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

This is still a random event in a controlled setting.  It is not random as to whether a certain number of balls fall or not at all.  We all know that for every drawing there will be 6 balls that come out no matter what because of the controlled environment.  Now, whether which numbers come out are truly random remains to be seen.

3 Legs, 3 Balls (Pick 3). Just a Metaphor Not Real.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2016, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I just had a thought.

Why waste your time trying to define random in way it can generate winning numbers?
                              There is about 20 years of experience here in LP strongly indicating that your are wasting brain energy that
                              could be more productive in other ways.
                              What ways?
                              TRENDS
                              All you have to do is devise some positive logging and tracking procedures that generate data streams
                              having clues that will help you make rationale guesswork about what could happen next. 
                              Your job would be evaluate the strings you, repeat, you created using your own ideas and methods.
                              After awhile, you will discover that lotteries are not as random as everyone thinks.
                              Yes, true, a lot of guesswork is involved, but, that's the name of the game.
                              You could easily make correct choices and make playing the lottery more interesting.
                              You could of course, continue down the path your are apparently on in an attempt to create a system where
                              the most work you will have to do is punch a few computer keys and get a set of winning combinations.
                              Yeah, right, good luck with that!!
                              The best system is a personal system.
                              I use the power of substitution. It works for me.
                              Maybe not for you, if you are thinking I should tell you how to do it.
                              I don't always make the right choices, but, I'm winning often enough to make it worthwhile.
                              So, get yourself a pack of graph paper and pencils.
                              Create a central data base that will reflect the information you believe you need and go from there.
                              Skip the mathematics, algorithms, hot and cold, odd and even, short or long, Vtracs, and other methods that
                              are worthless.
                              True, you may spend a lot of time and effort going down some dead end streets, but that's how you learn.
                              It can be done.
                              You just have to sit down and DO IT!!