Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are PB players switching now to MM to create the next Billion dollar JP?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 months ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
545 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I've switched to MM for now, it's cheaper to play & the minimum/lower jackpots for Powerball suck anyway.  $40-$50 million would do nothing for me lol

Are there any trends that you like lately jjtheprince?  I agree.  40-50 million probably would do nothing for me either.  I wouldn't even be able to buy a REALLY

nice yacht.  I could buy about 100,000 skiffs though and three trips to the moon.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #165541
    April 12, 2015
    545 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2016, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Cheers YES! Exactly my thinking!

I will keep playing both!

-  -  -  -  -

As for the billion dollar mark being reached again, for either PB or MM, isn't anything I am waiting for. 

Any million(s) is more millions than I have now! My plans wouldn't change too much if I were to win $50M or $250M.

I'd rather see jackpots won more frequently and spread all that wealth around.

For me " The more, the merrier" means the more winners, the merrier!

Could MM have the next billion dollar jackpot? I guess so, but I feel like it would take twice as long to reach the amount.

Can it be done? Sure, anything is possible.

Maybe you are right.  Thats why you have to plunk $50 dollars down instead of $25!!  We have to play more at lower odds!  Otherwise they will panic and

change the matrix again.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2016, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

MM has odds of 1:258 000 000.

But I do agree that the lower ticket cost makes a 700M$ jackpot unlikely.

$700 million is unlikely for PB, too, despite the $2 ticket price and steeper odds.

Still, until 7 weeks ago MM had the record for the biggest jackpot, and it reached that record with $1 tickets and 1 in 175 million odds. Applying that probability to the current odds an equivalent jackpot would be just a hair under $700 million for the cash value, or almost $1.1 billion for the annuity value.