Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The secret to winning lottery with Scratch off's

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Zebekyia.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #63828
August 9, 2008
179 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2016, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I think you are ignoring the analysis and research.  Of course I would think the same if I wanted to believe something to be random.  However, I'm not going to try and change your mind.  I can say after tons of research and many lessons learned there are many strategies to increase your odds and not thinking so is ignoring obvious facts.

I think the keywords in your response are 'there are many strategies to increase your odds'.

Which is true, there are always strategies to increase any odds in any given games, not just in scratch-offs.  Would that there was one strategy that was designed to guarantee a huge win. If that were the case, there'd be no need for many of us to purchase scratch off's as we would have already hit it rich.

Certainly not trying to be a naysayer but the easiest answer to the secret to winning the lottery with scratch off's would be to purchase as many tickets as one could afford, as most likely there will be a lottery winner in one of them.

Probably not the jackpot, but a lottery winner nonetheless.

United States
    Member #174527
    April 27, 2016
    1 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

excellent analysis you've put into words what I've long suspected about the nature of these games.  Concerning top prizes hitting at the beginning of a new game, I see that as just another layer in the illusion.  Even though there could be up to 8 or so different "games" in a denomination supposedly with their own prize pool I believe they are rather contiguous entities, with no more than 1-3 "pools" going at a time.

SWMcCaig's avatar - 9b740053d1be538a3bed55bad1c5746d
      Broken Arrow, OK
      United States
      Member #155206
      May 11, 2014
      1875 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2016, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure that there is no strategy that will work for scratchers. Of all the lotto games out there, scratchers are the only one where there is no strategy to increase your chances of winning. It's just pure luck if you win....just my 2 cents worth.

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for hearing about any strategy/method that people have found that will improve their chances of winning. So far though, I haven't really seen anyone post any real methods/strategies. I've read a lot of peoples opinions on distribution, etc, but no real strategy. Much less, strategies that they can show improved their winning percentage.....It's not like the pick 3 game where the numbers are finite and can definitely be won by using a specific strategy...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Igamble's avatar - spider
        nj
        United States
        Member #145657
        August 10, 2013
        979 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

What an amazing post Zebekyia !! Seriously, i have not read something so captivating here on LP for a while....Thank you for the info shared. The lottery officials who religiously read Lp must be seriously pissed off upon reading your facts and stats....

United States
          Member #167585
          July 21, 2015
          55 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2016, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Trying to post a picture, but I'm not able to get it to load.

I give up until next time :).

new york
            United States
            Member #63828
            August 9, 2008
            179 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2016, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for hearing about any strategy/method that people have found that will improve their chances of winning. So far though, I haven't really seen anyone post any real methods/strategies. I've read a lot of peoples opinions on distribution, etc, but no real strategy. Much less, strategies that they can show improved their winning percentage.....It's not like the pick 3 game where the numbers are finite and can definitely be won by using a specific strategy...

I too would love to hear from those who will post real methods or strategies and who've improved on their winning percentages based on what's written in the article.

I can only say again that the most popular method that works for just about everyone who can afford it is to simply purchase in bulk.

SARASOTA, FL
              United States
              Member #95778
              August 17, 2010
              1093 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2016, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Trying to post a picture, but I'm not able to get it to load.

I give up until next time :).

here's a photo of the back of two GR tickets. Each book produced a $1K and $500 - bought same day two different places. What do they tell you ?

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

United States
                Member #167585
                July 21, 2015
                55 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2016, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

1249 is the game number- 1179286 should be the book number 21 is the ticket number on the book and our state does not have the (009) parenthesis , so I couldn't tell you what those elude too.  I could do some research and try to figure it out. 

At least that's how I'd read the back in our state.  The rest comes down to taking the total print of your game and the total prizes along with the number of tickets per book and I could tell you if you're close to a jackpot section.  It would also help if I had been studying the game when previous jackpots were hit and if they post where the winners were sold.  That way I could drive to the store to get a better educated guess of what section the next top prize

A couple of other questions i would have for you would be around how close were the stores and how long ago did they get the books.  I'd have to live in Florida to be familiar with their distribution methods as that's what I'd try to figure out.  To me this game looks like it's been out for a few years and if it hasn't they are definitely pooling as you wouldn't expect to be in the millions of books off the front of a game.  I also don't know how many retailers the state of Florida has and the typical distribution pattern aka 3 books per store.  Just takes research.

California
                  United States
                  Member #173431
                  March 2, 2016
                  37 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2016, 12:54 am - IP Logged

One of the $20 CA Scratchers games I am playing has the parenthesis numbering too--I believe the number in the parenthesis is the number of the ticket counting backwards from the "last" ticket of the pack.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    617 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2016, 8:55 am - IP Logged

One of the $20 CA Scratchers games I am playing has the parenthesis numbering too--I believe the number in the parenthesis is the number of the ticket counting backwards from the "last" ticket of the pack.

Yep, that last number in parenthesis refers to the ticket number in the roll/pack here in Florida.

United States
                      Member #167585
                      July 21, 2015
                      55 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2016, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Good to know guys.  The next time I'm on vacation in Florida I'm definitely going on a spending spree. I like the large top prizes, so hey why not try a few :).