Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The TN Powball winner-1.6 Billion,,the lowdown.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 8 months ago by lejardin.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
The Great Smoky Mountains
United States
Member #59921
March 31, 2008
266 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2016, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I live close to the Robinson's from Munford,TN that won 1/3 of the 1.6 Billion Jackpot. The lowdown. They fired their lawyer Mr.Townsend because he was wanting to control the money and have it sent to his bank and he wanted 10% off the top. The Robinsons still have not gotten all their money yet. They both was asked to leave their jobs because other employees were giving them a hard time.

They can't go home because people are hounding them left and right. They did buy 100 acres of land in Tipton County. They also hired a body guard. I feel so sorry for these people. But that's what happens when you go on NATIONAL TV.

They can't even go to the store without people asking for money and they are staying with some family and friends in different areas.

The post office is getting up to 5 tubs full of mail everyday from people wanting $...

NEXT TIME STAY OUT OF THE LIME LIFE AND CLAIM IT IN A TRUST NAME

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    931 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2016, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the update.  Nice to see the winners finally got their heads on rght and fired that lowlife attorney.  The first advise to have that press conference immediately was wrong in every sense of the word and when that insane lawyer included his daughter, red flags should have gone up.  Guess they finally did.  10% right off the top for what?  And to have it sent to HIS bank?  Just who does he think won that money anyway?  Wow that is actually scary to think about.

Seems like a long time to wait for their money?  Their plans sure took a 180 lol.  With all that money did they honestly think their life would not change?  What a horrible problem to have.    :> )

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1506 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2016, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

tnlottodreamer, I thank you too for the heads up. This is good news. They fired the lawyer and his daughter.

Things could have turned out much worse for them. 

They hired a bodyguard. 

5 tubs of mail a day. Free money has a strong appeal.

Once you have discovered that you have a major jackpot winning ticket then that is when your life will be changed forever. Be prepared.

Many Lottery Post posters were correct in their calls that they would have to leave their jobs.

I feel sorry for actors and actresses who go through this madness of crowds.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

tnlottodreamer,

There have been threads here on LP about going to a press conference if given the choise to do it or not. Many people have said they definitely would. Hopefully they will read the OP to this thread.

Thanks for posting it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

The Windy City
          United States
          Member #171690
          January 10, 2016
          62 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2016, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Glad to hear they fired their attorney, but they were absolute simpletons to do what they did.   When it was happening, someone here posted that this is exactly what you do not do if you win the lottery.   I couldn't agree more.  They may need a whole team of bodyguards now.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

Romancandle's avatar - moon
            Upacreek
            United States
            Member #136306
            December 8, 2012
            428 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

You live near them... In Gatlinburg?

-RC

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49642 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2016, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

There are 355.10 miles from Munford to Gatlinburg and 414.25 miles by car.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2016, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Based on another post, I believe she meant to say "I lived close Munford, TN".

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                  Member #131594
                  August 14, 2012
                  171 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2016, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I live close to the Robinson's from Munford,TN that won 1/3 of the 1.6 Billion Jackpot. The lowdown. They fired their lawyer Mr.Townsend because he was wanting to control the money and have it sent to his bank and he wanted 10% off the top. The Robinsons still have not gotten all their money yet. They both was asked to leave their jobs because other employees were giving them a hard time.

They can't go home because people are hounding them left and right. They did buy 100 acres of land in Tipton County. They also hired a body guard. I feel so sorry for these people. But that's what happens when you go on NATIONAL TV.

They can't even go to the store without people asking for money and they are staying with some family and friends in different areas.

The post office is getting up to 5 tubs full of mail everyday from people wanting $...

NEXT TIME STAY OUT OF THE LIME LIFE AND CLAIM IT IN A TRUST NAME

The TN lottery hasn't given them all their money yet?  What is the hold up?

Lotto Lucy

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                    The Great Smoky Mountains
                    United States
                    Member #59921
                    March 31, 2008
                    266 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2016, 12:22 am - IP Logged

No I don't live in Gatlinburg, but after I win I want to move there close to The Smoky Mountains.

I live in a small town right outside of Memphis....I think Todd can verify where I live according to my ip address.

My mother and father in law live in Munford. I was married there in 2006 and use to live in Munford. too.

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

United States
                      Member #164725
                      March 12, 2015
                      340 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2016, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Oh, puleez! Their lives are still a couple hundred million times better than ours. Of course, they would have to leave their jobs and home. That was a given no matter what.  They need a safer home in a different area.  They hired a body guard now they shd hire an asst to go thru the mail. Or better yet, notify all the people they do correspond with of their new address and throw away the rest.  They shd go hunker down in Hawaii or some other nice place until things calm down. Or, move into and enjoy their new home.  Their lives are great. Enough with the gloom and doom and I told you so.

Jack-in-the-Box

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                        Nutley, New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #131058
                        August 1, 2012
                        875 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2016, 11:38 am - IP Logged

The lawyer they got was sleazy as H3LL. Most people say if you win the lottery you should get a lawyer but the problem is most people don't know how to get a good lawyer. I mean, it's not like there is a how to pick a good lawyer if you win the lottery handbook.

Chicago
                          United States
                          Member #171107
                          December 31, 2015
                          77 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2016, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

The did everything wrong on there own and brought all this on themselves in end

The Florida couple seem to be handling this fine and proper

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                            Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #169723
                            October 29, 2015
                            877 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2016, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

It's a shame that happened to them. They seem like very nice people.

Too bad they got hooked up with that shyster lawyer.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

The Windy City
                              United States
                              Member #171690
                              January 10, 2016
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Oh, puleez! Their lives are still a couple hundred million times better than ours. Of course, they would have to leave their jobs and home. That was a given no matter what.  They need a safer home in a different area.  They hired a body guard now they shd hire an asst to go thru the mail. Or better yet, notify all the people they do correspond with of their new address and throw away the rest.  They shd go hunker down in Hawaii or some other nice place until things calm down. Or, move into and enjoy their new home.  Their lives are great. Enough with the gloom and doom and I told you so.

Jack-in-the-Box

If you win a huge lottery and go about it the same way they did, you'll hear the same.  Of course we are all envious, but they were not smart in the way they handled the situation.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas