Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The TN Powball winner-1.6 Billion,,the lowdown.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 months ago by lejardin.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
Green Bay
United States
Member #169391
October 15, 2015
1246 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2016, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

LOL... I will continue dreaming big, but I would be more than ecstatic to win a $15M mega millions.

To tell you the truth, I'd be happier than a pig in sheeet with a million after taxes.  Like the Lynyrd Skynyrd song says....I'm a simple man.

Never give up.  Banana

The Windy City
    United States
    Member #171690
    January 10, 2016
    62 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2016, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

To tell you the truth, I'd be happier than a pig in sheeet with a million after taxes.  Like the Lynyrd Skynyrd song says....I'm a simple man.

I might need a wee bit more than a million to retire, but not too much more. 

Skynyrd is one of my favorite bands.   Tragic ending for them boys.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2016, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Dont be an idiot. 

Lots of winners do press conferences and again their names and locale are public record. How many people create blind trusts who dont have money or who are not prosecutors? Again, records are easily accessible on the Internet and anyone can find out where you live.  Setting up a blind trust after the fact is meaningless. They had to find a new house and then buy it thru a blind trust. It doesnt  matter how much mail you get. You throw it all away. The best time for a lottery winner to quit their job is any time they want. I'm sorry you are jealous but putting down these people will not improve your life.  Just remember that they are millions of times happier than you. 

Banana

I can only conclude that despite all of the information that's available you still don't know much about the difference between an ounce of prevention and a pound of cure.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
        Member #142499
        May 13, 2013
        1183 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2016, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Let this be a lesson to you all...If you win a lottery, let it be a small one.

Big or small, I'll be happy with a lottery win. I just won $7 and it made my day. However, instead of wishing for a small lottery win wouldn't it be better to simply know how to prepare yourself for a big win? Seems to me that that would be a better wish. I don't want people to win small payouts just because there are idiots who walk among us who might win a jackpot. 

The lesson is, if you win a lottery, know how to manage it.

United States
          Member #169911
          November 6, 2015
          57 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2016, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

How do you know this?  Link?  I knew this was going to happen to them. 

Stay anonymous as much as possible and enjoy your winnings.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Rochester
            United States
            Member #103282
            January 1, 2011
            603 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2016, 7:43 am - IP Logged

From the very beginning that whole situation was goofy. Bash  It's a known thing when big money comes into peoples lives that problems follow almost immediately. Here in New York and a few other states they make the people come forward publicly for their claim. But, the trick is to set up your escape long before then. Granted, there will always be leeches around, but when you are in a settled, safe location you're better able to handle situations. Their lawyer has big dreams, in his head. 10% is impossible to make claims on I think.

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              938 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2016, 11:44 am - IP Logged

I have been wondering about that goofball lawyer and his business.  Who would ever seek his advice?  What could have been a long standing client, his greed cost him and he ended up with nothing, just what he deserved.  I wonder if we have seen the last of him?

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2016, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

"his greed cost him and he ended up with nothing"

He may have ended up with a lot less than he could have, but he didn't orchestrate that dog and pony show for free. If they were dumb enough to go along I think it's a very safe bet that they were dumb enough to pay him more than he deserved for what little work he did.

We also don't actually know for sure that he's not going to get more. I haven't seen anything to confirm that they've parted ways other than the first post in this thread. There's a possibility that there's actually a credible news source  behind it, but until somebody posts a link it's just an unfounded rumor. Of course common sense says that they should have fired him, but common sense also says they should have done that before following his advice and going on TV before going to the lottery office.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                  Member #118609
                  November 4, 2011
                  938 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2016, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

My mistake, he must have received some sort of payment. i meant what could have been a long term client ended abruptly.  At least it should have ended if the winners were smart.

Maybe we have not seen the last of him?  What kind of agreement was signed?