Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fun things to do at the lotto counter...

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 8 months ago by mikeintexas.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4528 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2016, 4:50 pm - IP Logged
  • Point frantically out the window and swear that you just saw elvis!
  • Hum the barney song 
  • Spin around in different directions and tell the clerk you are trying to unwind from the day
  • tell the clerk you will only buy the even numbered tickets from the roll of instants. 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1246 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

welfare only allows me to get 1% milk now. OMG it's so watery.   

Who passed that law.  SMH

Hey darryl...If you have money for the lottery, you have money for whole milk.

Never give up.  Banana

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2016, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Hey Coin...Remember not long ago a kid in Florida found a filled-out lotto ticket on the counter, played it, and won a million bucks.  Ya never know.

Yeah, I remember that LiveInGreenBay.....right place, right time, right move on his part.

Where I live someone or maybe some college kids leave fortune cookie fortunes with numbers on them at the lotto counter but it hasn't worked yet.

Bang Head

TheGameGrl....

"Spin around in different directions and tell the clerk you are trying to unwind from the day"

Green laugh

For the humorless here,

Native Americans have a saying that the first thing a person says after they die is, "Why was I so serious". Just something to think about.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2016, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Skeptical humor is whar you find it

and tooo many people seem happiest fishing for excuses to whine

Oh, I thought it was just another reason tick off clerks so they will be more rude. My bad.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
          Cordova,Al.
          United States
          Member #104482
          January 15, 2011
          4919 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2016, 8:08 am - IP Logged
          • Point frantically out the window and swear that you just saw elvis!
          • Hum the barney song 
          • Spin around in different directions and tell the clerk you are trying to unwind from the day
          • tell the clerk you will only buy the even numbered tickets from the roll of instants. 
          Okay, TheGameGrl, has me Green laugh over here. LOL. "spin around in different
          directions and tell the clerk you are trying to unwind from the day." This
          I would love to have seen. Hum the barney song! 
          Here is a few other songs to hum in line + "HAPPY SONG" , "Low Rider", 
          "Staying  Alive"  +   last but not least. This one is bound to get you choked 
          or raise a eyebrow or too. Hum the song "Let Talk About Sex". Smile
            hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Oh, I thought it was just another reason tick off clerks so they will be more rude. My bad.

Skeptical never had a problem with rude clerks myself ,but then half the time I get my ticket/s from the machine

me thinks you might have better luck if U gave them a spare smile once in a while or gave them something to laugh about

PlanB's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
              Somewhere in TX
              United States
              Member #105994
              February 10, 2011
              125 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Hand the clerk a play slip for a quick pick. Then tell them if you deal me the winning jackpot numbers I promise you'll never see me again.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2016, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

stand on the back of a long queue and yell " cmon people i cant wait all day, i got a million dollar winner here " and wave ssome ticket you want to scan

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2016, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Fun thing to do CT? .. Hmm, let me think.How about if you the 3rd person in line with another 8 behind you- fill in MM/PB slips for them, hand it out to each with the usual " One for you, one for you etc and end with the " People l know you folks lead busy lives so this makes it easier for you to get back to doing what really matters instead of waiting here in line.. You can thank me later.Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7314 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2016, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical never had a problem with rude clerks myself ,but then half the time I get my ticket/s from the machine

me thinks you might have better luck if U gave them a spare smile once in a while or gave them something to laugh about

I've bought lottery tickets in several states and a couple of stores actually had "lottery lines", but I had to wait until "the lottery counter clerk" showed up. It never occurred to me find some fun things to do while waiting.

However to stay on topic, CT can take longer than necessary telling the clerks jokes (or whatever else he thinks is fun) so the mean looking guy behind him who is playing 4 minute Keno gets shut out and then CT can have a laugh with the mean looking guy while the numbers he wanted to play are being drawn.

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10351 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2016, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

Well once again it was a boo boo to open your comment since I have you blocked.

You assume much, for one thing Illinois does not have Keno, for another I never said anything about joking with the clerks, I just mentioned putting a filled out play slip back in the rack.

I've mentioned strokers here on the board several times, believe me I'm not one....but you certainly are with your replies.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

The Windy City
                        United States
                        Member #171690
                        January 10, 2016
                        62 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2016, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

hide all the widdle pencils

Frickin' hate when there's no pencils, and the clerk is too busy ringing up doughnuts and a diet pepsi for a 300 pounder.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7314 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2016, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

Well once again it was a boo boo to open your comment since I have you blocked.

You assume much, for one thing Illinois does not have Keno, for another I never said anything about joking with the clerks, I just mentioned putting a filled out play slip back in the rack.

I've mentioned strokers here on the board several times, believe me I'm not one....but you certainly are with your replies.

"You assume much, for one thing Illinois does not have Keno"

Illinois probabaly doesn't have very many "lotto counters" either, but that didn't stop you from childishly suggesting "having fun" on one.

"for another I never said anything about joking with the clerks, I just mentioned putting a filled out play slip back in the rack."

Correct, you suggested writing on a play slip and putting it back in the rack where a real lottery player will find it and throw it away. Do you hide, wait, and watch the reactions of real lottery players?

Are you going through your second childhood or have you never got out of your first?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2016, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Frickin' hate when there's no pencils, and the clerk is too busy ringing up doughnuts and a diet pepsi for a 300 pounder.

Think of Coin Toss next time there are no pencils.

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10351 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2016, 12:41 am - IP Logged

Like I said before Stack, you just aren't worth anymore keystrokes.

C YA.

Lep