Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

KA-BOOM! 4th of July PA Millionaire Raffle! It's On!

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 5 months ago by dr65.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Pa
United States
Member #162117
December 22, 2014
85 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2016, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Approx dates of millionaire raffle tickets sold:

96061- June 10

147664- June 18

204958- June 26

350091- July 8 (1 day before drawing)

Sales started May 3rd (67 day ticket window), so if you bought any tickets the first month you didn't have a chance of hitting anything big, not even a measly grand. I stated that earlier that buying early doesnt seem to pay off, and it was true again, likewise some people on here like to buy with less that two weeks remaining and that appeared to work out again, but I think the timing of the sales and the amount sold per day does tend to skew the results, with 2,000 tickets per day selling during the first month and during the last few days it is usually over 20,000 tickets per day.  The PA lottery still did not update their winners page from the Halloween raffle, I find that rather odd even if not all the winners came forward yet.

Looking at the $100K winners, results were heavily favored if you played after July 2nd, which was a week before the drawing.  All of the $100K tickets ended up being sold in a 6 day window, which seems odd, but with sales exploding with 10 days left, it is easy to see why they were skewed, but the first $100K ticket sold after 2/3 of the total tickets were already sold.  Just goes to show how random the drawings can be.  People do get hung up on buying them late because the numbers may tend to favor those who play late but high volume tends to skew the results but in the end all the numbers drawn are random.  If I recall correctly, during the last raffle a 1 million dollar ticket sold on the last day or second to last day of the drawing and it happened again this raffle.

The $1000 tickets have the spacing between numbers that I would expect, they were not totally skewed to one end of the drawing like the $100K winners were. Although the first $1,000 dollar winner wasn't sold until June 8, just about a month before the drawing...

I think the mega millions drawing ate into the raffle sales big time during the last couple of days.  Early sales were actually quicker than the last raffle by a fair margin.  Interesting to see if there will be another Halloween raffle again after three consecutive non sell out raffles.  My initial guess 3 weeks before the drawing was for 375000 to sell, but then I raised it by how fast the tickets were a head of the st Patrick's day raffle, but sales didn't peak nearly as high as previous raffles during the last week of sales.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3707 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2016, 7:16 am - IP Logged

Approx dates of millionaire raffle tickets sold:

96061- June 10

147664- June 18

204958- June 26

350091- July 8 (1 day before drawing)

Sales started May 3rd (67 day ticket window), so if you bought any tickets the first month you didn't have a chance of hitting anything big, not even a measly grand. I stated that earlier that buying early doesnt seem to pay off, and it was true again, likewise some people on here like to buy with less that two weeks remaining and that appeared to work out again, but I think the timing of the sales and the amount sold per day does tend to skew the results, with 2,000 tickets per day selling during the first month and during the last few days it is usually over 20,000 tickets per day.  The PA lottery still did not update their winners page from the Halloween raffle, I find that rather odd even if not all the winners came forward yet.

Looking at the $100K winners, results were heavily favored if you played after July 2nd, which was a week before the drawing.  All of the $100K tickets ended up being sold in a 6 day window, which seems odd, but with sales exploding with 10 days left, it is easy to see why they were skewed, but the first $100K ticket sold after 2/3 of the total tickets were already sold.  Just goes to show how random the drawings can be.  People do get hung up on buying them late because the numbers may tend to favor those who play late but high volume tends to skew the results but in the end all the numbers drawn are random.  If I recall correctly, during the last raffle a 1 million dollar ticket sold on the last day or second to last day of the drawing and it happened again this raffle.

The $1000 tickets have the spacing between numbers that I would expect, they were not totally skewed to one end of the drawing like the $100K winners were. Although the first $1,000 dollar winner wasn't sold until June 8, just about a month before the drawing...

I think the mega millions drawing ate into the raffle sales big time during the last couple of days.  Early sales were actually quicker than the last raffle by a fair margin.  Interesting to see if there will be another Halloween raffle again after three consecutive non sell out raffles.  My initial guess 3 weeks before the drawing was for 375000 to sell, but then I raised it by how fast the tickets were a head of the st Patrick's day raffle, but sales didn't peak nearly as high as previous raffles during the last week of sales.

I cant add much to the above post other than;

Highest $1,000 winning number sold was 387111

Highest $100 winning number sold was 386344, so there were no winning numbers sold higher than 387111.  (Makes me wonder if they even sold 400000 tickets!)

I had two tickets close to winning $100.  I had one "one off".  On that ticket, my number was 18634 and the winning number was 18633.  My other ticket had 358564 and the winning number was 358567.  I'm just glad I wasn't one-off from one of the million dollar winners.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
      P A
      United States
      Member #117331
      October 3, 2011
      6943 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2016, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I cant add much to the above post other than;

Highest $1,000 winning number sold was 387111

Highest $100 winning number sold was 386344, so there were no winning numbers sold higher than 387111.  (Makes me wonder if they even sold 400000 tickets!)

I had two tickets close to winning $100.  I had one "one off".  On that ticket, my number was 18634 and the winning number was 18633.  My other ticket had 358564 and the winning number was 358567.  I'm just glad I wasn't one-off from one of the million dollar winners.  G5

So did you or your group win anything for all.those 

tickets you bought? seemed like you had a ton of them.

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

Pa
        United States
        Member #162117
        December 22, 2014
        85 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2016, 10:05 am - IP Logged

For those interested in the $100 winners. The average distance between $100 winning tickets was 66 tickets.  The smallest gap was 1 ticket and that occurred 83 times and the largest gap between $100 winners was 572.

387,703 tickets were sold, so odds of hitting $100 were 1 in 66, which was the avg distance between winning $100 tickets.

Odds of hitting $100K and $1 million were about 1 in 97,000

The lottery also moved the raffle results off their home page already, I thought they would last longer than 12 hours on the homepage.

Pa
          United States
          Member #162117
          December 22, 2014
          85 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2016, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I think I made a big mistake or the lottery changed the $100,000 winners.  As I posted earlier today, the 100K winners were all after July 2nd, but when I just rechecked that, that is 100% false.  Either I was way tired when I wrote that or the lottery amended the numbers.  Unfortunately the results are given in a non downloadable pdf that I did not save.  Can anyone confirm that the $100K winners were different last night vs this AM or am I crazy? Please tell me I am not crazy.  If I am not crazy, please recheck your numbers.  Can the lottery just change the numbers?

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3707 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2016, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

So did you or your group win anything for all.those 

tickets you bought? seemed like you had a ton of them.

Nada! 

There are eight guys in the pool and we each buy two tickets.  Those sixteen tickets gives us 64 chances to win either the million or $100,000 prize.  I also bought bought a few tickets for myself that were not included in the pool.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3707 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2016, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I think I made a big mistake or the lottery changed the $100,000 winners.  As I posted earlier today, the 100K winners were all after July 2nd, but when I just rechecked that, that is 100% false.  Either I was way tired when I wrote that or the lottery amended the numbers.  Unfortunately the results are given in a non downloadable pdf that I did not save.  Can anyone confirm that the $100K winners were different last night vs this AM or am I crazy? Please tell me I am not crazy.  If I am not crazy, please recheck your numbers.  Can the lottery just change the numbers?

I wrote on a piece of paper the $100,000 winning numbers this morning at about 6:30.  I took them from that video they have out on the PA Lottery's website, not the PDF file. 

I just checked what I wrote on paper against the PDF file on the website, and all four numbers match. 

I suspect you were tired.  I doubt any numbers were changed by the lottery.  G5

Pa
                United States
                Member #162117
                December 22, 2014
                85 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2016, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I wrote on a piece of paper the $100,000 winning numbers this morning at about 6:30.  I took them from that video they have out on the PA Lottery's website, not the PDF file. 

I just checked what I wrote on paper against the PDF file on the website, and all four numbers match. 

I suspect you were tired.  I doubt any numbers were changed by the lottery.  G5

THanks for getting back to me.  I just checked the pdf last night, not the video drawing or any press releases, I see they match.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22969 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Nada! 

There are eight guys in the pool and we each buy two tickets.  Those sixteen tickets gives us 64 chances to win either the million or $100,000 prize.  I also bought bought a few tickets for myself that were not included in the pool.  G5

Ok now I'm either tired or crazy tonight...I feel like this is a school math

problem that's easy but you just don't get..

8 guys, 2 tickets...16 tickets...

16 chances, right?

8 guys, 2 tickets.....16 tickets x 4.....64

Where does x 4 come in?

They draw 4 tops, 100 $1,000's

I'm sure its simple but...??